Exciting Youth

smetrov

Dan Crowley starting for England U16s v Wales. On Sky Sports 1 if anyone is interested.

Beyond confident

He looks it! Also seems to have a bit of passion in him.

how's he doing so far?

Barely given the ball away. Plays a lot like McEachran for me, but has a bit of bite.

yes i meant our u18s, he certainly hasn't played regularly for them

I guess it depends on how you want to define regularly. Does he mainly play for the u18s, no, is he split between the u18s and 16s, yes.

thanks houlston, i wasn't even aware that he had played for them, that's quite an achievement for a 14 year old

He has not been playing for the U18s. He is still playing in the U16s.

The U16s have had a great little team for the last couple of years but most of them ie Graham, Robinson, Grealish, Melvin, Webb, Stevenson etc are now in the U18s leaving an U16 team that are struggling to match the standard of last season.

Apparently young Danny wants to play in the 18s and the club want him to stay in the 16s for the moment as he is still only just 14 years old.

I know with the reserves they occasionally give a youngster a taste then he disappears back into the U18's for six months - sounds like they may have done the same with him and given him a glimpse at the U18's then put him back in his own age group to mature.

He will get his chance no doubt and I am sure he will cope but he would be four years younger than some of his teammates and opponents.

The youth coaches at the club are very experienced and will know when to promote him to play in the U18s.

I must be going senile because I can't remember seeing him in the youth team. Do you know who he played against?

Â