Exciting Youth

smetrov

They are being taught well with Kmac. Just with McLeish they play out of position, much to defensive and not to there strengths. Also its so hard for them to impress in a failing squad, there's to much pressure on them to perform.

Or it could be 'foreveryoung' that they simply aren't good enough.

I actually see most of them with the exception of Clarke and possibly Carruthers plying their trade in the Championship or lower when we eventually get a decent manager in.

What I fail to grasp is that most people are willing to give foreign players half a season or more to adapt to the pace of the league. In quite a few cases foreign players given time has proven to be quite successful after they've adapted. However some people are quite quick at shooting the youngsters down. Surely the step up from the reserves league into premier league is a huge step up, just because they've been trained in England doesn't mean they are used to the pace of the English premier league.

I would at least give them as much time and patient as any foreign player, taking their age in consideration I'll throw in a few extra months.

I'm glad we have our youngsters, if they don't make it or turn out to be average at best, so be it! Yes I properly over rate them, I get excited when I see a flicker of talent that might, just might, turn into something great.

Will I end up being disappointed? More likely then not, but it's worth it!

The youngsters are the only thing that keeping me excited about Aston Villa at the moment. They give me hope. Hope that there will be a bright shining light at the end of a long cold dark tunnel.

So true and I feel exactly the same. When I watched the NextGen match with Marseille I couldn't help but get excited at how the young lads were playing. Clips I've seen of Grealish, Graham and Robinson also give me reason to think they will be good premier league players.

Having said that I haven't really followed the reserve or youth teams as closely as I have in the past couple of seasons. I may be getting over excited, but I have to, otherwise the state of the first team will put me into a severe and deep depression!

Another example is Delph. I thought he'd be another one to stay for a couple of seasons and move onto better things, but having seen him this season, I probably overated him. Under the current circumstances though we can't really judge anyone can we?

As far as I am concerned we can only judge these things if we have a manager at the top who knows what he’s doing and will give these guys a platform to build on. Under McLeish so many things are wrong its hard to make a sensible and reasonable view. IMO

Well again I refer back to 1987. relegated with a bunch of promising kids - we then get a top manager in - I don't think any of those kids got a sniff of first team action ever again - they weren't good enough.

As I have said before of the current crop - I see maybe another Liam Ridgewell and Craig Gardner standard players. I don't see a Barry, or Brian Little calibre player in there.

Well lets get a decent manager and judge it then as I proposed. You might be right and I suspect we haven’t got any stars in this crop, though I think we have two or three players who will reasonable first teamers. Add in some other good players, a decent manager, and we have a bit of a spring board...

What I fail to grasp is that most people are willing to give foreign players half a season or more to adapt to the pace of the league. In quite a few cases foreign players given time has proven to be quite successful after they've adapted. However some people are quite quick at shooting the youngsters down. Surely the step up from the reserves league into premier league is a huge step up, just because they've been trained in England doesn't mean they are used to the pace of the English premier league.

I would at least give them as much time and patient as any foreign player, taking their age in consideration I'll throw in a few extra months.

I think people think that the foreigner has already made it in the game of football. He has already played at the top level elsewhere (that's presumably why we're buying him) and so all we're really doing is waiting for him to acclimatise to this league safe in the knowledge that he is quality. Whereas youngsters have not proven that they can perform, so we're waiting for something that may never happen. That's the difference. One is proven elsewhere, one is unproven anywhere. I'm not saying I subscribe to that because I'd be one of the bigger advocates of blooding the youth. I'm just giving my theory as to why some might be a little impatient with our youngsters over, say, a foreign import.

As far as I am concerned we can only judge these things if we have a manager at the top who knows what he’s doing and will give these guys a platform to build on. Under McLeish so many things are wrong its hard to make a sensible and reasonable view. IMO

Well again I refer back to 1987. relegated with a bunch of promising kids - we then get a top manager in - I don't think any of those kids got a sniff of first team action ever again - they weren't good enough.

As I have said before of the current crop - I see maybe another Liam Ridgewell and Craig Gardner standard players. I don't see a Barry, or Brian Little calibre player in there.

Well lets get a decent manager and judge it then as I proposed. You might be right and I suspect we haven’t got any stars in this crop, though I think we have two or three players who will reasonable first teamers. Add in some other good players, a decent manager, and we have a bit of a spring board...

The thing is, regardless of Ridgewell's and Gardner's 'standard' they'd both get in out team now.

The thing is, regardless of Ridgewell's and Gardner's 'standard' they'd both get in out team now.

probably Steven Davis as well :evil:

Ok, our kids are being hung out to dry by McLeish, and the lack of leadership by 'senior' players.

Terrible position for the club and themselves. Careers will have been ruined by this run in. The fact is, who takes over as manager next will have to coach these kids how to play football again. Bannan and Albrighton have gone backwards, you'd be able to count on their delivery and it's been woeful.

Weimann's playing with an injury, and Gardner has a left back picked in front of him in CEntre Midfield.

Â