Exciting Youth

smetrov

so much negative bullshit in this thread! We do have a great bunch of kids and Jules is spot on that MON should of developed them further with loan spells but this does not mean they should be wrote off.

Sometimes the baptisms of fire are the best learning curves!

I think Clark is the only young player who could be thrown in to play most games this season and do well.

I think rest would either fail straight away or like albrighton have a bright start and then fade quickly.

None of our current exciting youth have looked any better than Moore, Davis and even ridgewell when they first started playing.

I think Clark is the only young player who could be thrown in to play most games this season and do well.

I think rest would either fail straight away or like albrighton have a bright start and then fade quickly.

None of our current exciting youth have looked any better than Moore, Davis and even ridgewell when they first started playing.

lol

Albrighton has certainly had a better season then they ever had.

wow - the ridiculous naivety by some in this thread is well and truley shown.

No wonder how the club are getting away with the ridiculous summer we are enduring.

They are usually the ones that dont even attend, so why should they know? :lol:

Joking apart, i just think some people are just trying to be positive, because the news coming out of Villa Park is so negative.

Denial is just a way how to cope with it.

It will turn around.

On the Kids, i just think they need help . Most youngsters have a promising break through season, and then redress. Its just the way things are in their development, and its why you should not rely on them for a whole season!!!

And thats with a team thats not struggling!

We need players in, or i can see some of the promise these kids have being mentally and physicly destroyed.

Its criminal to throw the pressure on them like this.

I have a real feeling Bannan, Clark and Albrighton are gonna make it. I hope Bannan can make it with us (have even got his name on my home shirt), but I'm almost sure from previous performances that Clark and Albrighton will make it at VP.

Our youth squads have been successful in the past- with the right blooding and fans understanding there should be no reason why they aren't given a fair opportunity.

lol

Albrighton has certainly had a better season then they ever had.

He had a decent first half of last season. From January onwards he was sh#te.

Id much rather see the youth be our squad players on low wages and improving them than signing the likes of Harewood, Routledge, Beye etc. Means we can spend more on our first XI.

Sorry Nik but this isn't true is it? 13 million quid spent this summer, shit loads of players allowed to leave, including five regular starters. The kids are in the squad but we haven't strengthened the starting 11 have we? Given for Friedel is a good swap, as is Charlie for Downing, but the team as a whole 11 is not as strong as it was last season. If McLeish thinks it is, we are in for a tough season.

What's all this about them being under criminal amounts of pressure?

Like who? How many of them are in our current starting eleven, at a guess? Albrighton, possibly. Clark? Unsure. Erm....

Bollocks to pressure, they're hitting their early 20's, for many of them it's the time to sink or swim. Yet not one of them is a guaranteed starter. So lay off with this pressure talk.

Id much rather see the youth be our squad players on low wages and improving them than signing the likes of Harewood, Routledge, Beye etc. Means we can spend more on our first XI.

Sorry Nik but this isn't true is it? 13 million quid spent this summer, shit loads of players allowed to leave, including five regular starters. The kids are in the squad but we haven't strengthened the starting 11 have we? Given for Friedel is a good swap, as is Charlie for Downing, but the team as a whole 11 is not as strong as it was last season. If McLeish thinks it is, we are in for a tough season.

It's not McLeish's decision though is it?

• 1 month later...

Sorry Nik but this isn't true is it?

Just because we didn't invest too heavily this summer doesn't mean we won't in the future.

It's possible that we need/ want to reduce the wage bill further before we splash some more cash.

I can see Beye, Heskey & Cuellar leaving this summer, allowing room on the wage bill for a few more additions (whilst keeping Fonz/ Delph/ Bannan/ Albrighton/ Weimann/ Clark & Gardner in the full squad to allow for rotation/ sub appearances/ injury cover etc).

The average age of the Man U team today in the second half was 22!!!!! If they're good enough then they're old enough. Cleverly was excellent!

Of course, but their youth are excellent and ours are mediocre. That is the only difference, as ours aren't really good enough.

The average age of the Man U team today in the second half was 22!!!!! If they're good enough then they're old enough. Cleverly was excellent!

Of course, but their youth are excellent and ours are mediocre. That is the only difference, as ours aren't really good enough.

Nonsense. The difference is that they have world class pros around them to help bring the kids on.

We dont.

Put any one of Bannan, Albrighton or Delph in the united team and they would appear to be twice the players that we see down at Villa Park. Im sure of that.

Nonsense. The difference is that they have world class pros around them to help bring the kids on.

We dont.

Put any one of Bannan, Albrighton or Delph in the united team and they would appear to be twice the players that we see down at Villa Park. Im sure of that.

Im in agreement with this..Although, just sticking them together in the Villa team and we would probrably see a connection with them all and them step up in class if they have players like Bent, Gabby and I would have said Makoun playing alongside them..

We dont.

Bannan I agree with, jurys still out on Delph for me and Albrighton has spent more time out of form than he has in for so make what you want of it.

I must have imagined Bannan's hattrick away to Man Utd's reserves a couple of seasons back when we spanked them 1-4.

I must have imagined Bannan's hattrick away to Man Utd's reserves a couple of seasons back when we spanked them 1-4.

Well said.

Â