Exciting Youth

smetrov

And it was a quite decent Rosenborg team. Bakenga has played several matches for the first team this season, and Svensson har been one of the first team's best players this season. Midtsjø has also played some first team matches.

BUt Rosenborg first team is of course not what they once were. Looks to only get a second place in the Norwegian league, and did not qualify for Champions League group stages this season.

How did Gardner play...?

Matt Law, sports journalist for the Daily Express posted this on Twitter

MattLawExpress Matt Law

Quote from next gen series e-mail just been sent: 'Gary Gardner put on a masterclass performance for Villa'. Watch out for this lad

Gardner sounded like he played extremely well again tonight, I'd love to see him get some first team minutes. Just got his 3rd or 4th call up to England U21's too.

How long contracts do our "superkids" :winkold: have. There is a few of them (Clark, Delfouneso, Albrigthon, Herd, Weimann, Lowry?, Bannan?) that has signed new ones not so long ago, but for how long? And the naxt bunch, Gardner, Johnson, Burke, Robinson, Grealish, Graham etc etc has they even signed on proffensional terms yet? Gardner should have I guess, but for how long?

Anybody know?

no, ends in 2012 zatman, it's worrying

I don't know where you get your information from, but he signed a new contract last year which keeps him at the club until 2014. So need to worry.

Ciaran Clark sign new Aston Villa Contract: October 29th, 2010

Surely Lowry will be off in summer. Bet theres a good chance we'll give Daniel Johnson another extension on his contract, the lad looks quite talented, worth possibly sending him on loan to the lower leagues.

Fonz needs another loan too, his confidence seems shattered right now, maybe first team action in the championship will be good for him this year.

We have to trust the club to manage the contracts of our best youngsters because we may as well just pack it up otherwise.

Its our only chance of competing at the moment and in the near future.

Letting established players go for big money is one thing, letting the stars of tomorrow go before they've had a chance to make a name for themselves makes no sense on any level.

We have had a young Swedish midfielder, Elias Andersson 15 years old on trial. In Sweden he plays for Helsingborg IF, the club that won the Swedish title this season.

According to a local newspaper article he trained with the youth, reserves and first team. He went home with a contract offer and will now think it over.

Dont know much about the boy, but he has 4 youth caps for Sweden and has captained the side.

^ k30m0m.jpg

He has played four international matches this fall and had the great honor to wear the captain's armband.

Someone special who you impressed?

- Darren Bent! He's such a måltjuv and made loads of goals in training. It was kind of funny was that I did a helicopter nicely on him. The I was pretty happy with.

Elias also had time to see Aston Villa 3-2-beat Norwich at home at Villa Park which is ranked as one of Britain's finest stadiums.

- Then I and my dad sit in the VIP grandstand, says Elias.

He is a midfielder and has played for the U17 Squad.

- I have received a contract proposal from Aston Villa. They want me to be their player. That I should move there and live with a family, attend school and play football.

He has not yet had time to consider the offer.

- It would be really cool. I have not landed yet and have to think. But how many people get this kind of chance?

Consultation with parents Christer and Lotta waiting.

What are your alternatives?

- Either Aston Villa or so I start on Filborna School cooperates with HIF, says Elias, who in this case, moving to Helsingborg.

- Helsingborg is a great city and I have many friends there.

And it's pretty close to Hässleholm?

- Yes, it is perhaps not as easy to go back and forth to Birmingham, laughs Elijah who also has been invited to test games with the Dutch club Twente on their holidays.

http://tinyurl.com/cl7s5tq

Â