What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

49841578326_5fdfe7ac3c_w.jpg

Acoustic folk rock, according to discogs.

Saw him do this live as a one man band, with loop pedals and gizmos, Built it up and up and up over about 15 minutes absolutely mesmerising.

Freshly Cleaned

Bim Sherman - Across the Red Sea

From 1982 Bim SHerman backed by some of the On-U regulars but also such reggae luminaries as Sly and Robbie, Deadly Headly, Carlton Bubblers Ogilvie too, some recorded in Jamaica (King Tubbys / Channel One / Harry J's), Some recorded in England. The Jamaica tracks were originally produced by Jarrett Tomlinson but the along with the English Tracks produced again by Adrian Sherwood - This in itself means the album is a bit of an oddity and can fetch between £20 amd £40 these days.

Absolute classic though

R-174086-1340819087-7672.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, sne said:

:crylaugh: This is an absolute abortion.

His voice is gone and it's blatantly obvious he had no one who said no.

893c9bc2-fe63-4a8e-a17d-99c04f430eea?fit=crop&h=900&q=50&w=900&s=58c13be3c102498b9778d17ed209664180ffb992

To use an expression from the young set, what an absolute weapon. 
His voice is screwed and this, is just as bad as it gets. 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2020 at 21:01, chrisp65 said:

If only the recording engineer had put the equipment in the same studio that was played in, rather than next door, that would have been excellent.

50 minutes ago, blandy said:

If only the recording engineer had put the equipment in the same studio that was played in, rather than next door, that would have been excellent.

The cover and the inner sleeve also have a slightly 1990’s photocopied fanzine feel about them.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The cover and the inner sleeve also have a slightly 1990’s photocopied fanzine feel about them.

Does it sound as bad on the actual CD/Vinyl as that YouTube  - it reminded me of Bury part 1 - the first part of this. And that was deliberate. Part 3 is ace.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

First time I played that I presumed something had blown. Lot’s of annoyed knob twiddling until it kicked in and I realised.

The other day I put some music on, having re-arranged all the furniture to make the dining room into a music room, well actually that was a consequence of making an "office" area in a different room, but anyway I sat down all smug like, put on some vinyl and....it didn't sound quite right. Hmmm. is the amp or deck knacked? Damn - Could really do without that right now - maybe it's the speakers need moving because of the lack of tables and chairs that used to be there. Moved the speakers a bit, and it was worse. Weird. Eventually found that the speaker connection on the left speaker was iffy. Re-did it (all of them). Sorted.

Anyway, now listening to this

Â