What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Anyway, in other news... The CDs are done, all back in the shelves, in alphabetical order by artist, then compilations are in sections. Next job a vinyl shuffle as I've run out of space in the one set of shelves so need to move the albums along in each section a bit to free them up a little, a bigger job than it sounds.

Anyway, it's early moring and I need something that isn't going to wake the whole house up whilst I do some work...

Sunny Side Up - A compilation of contemporary Melbourne Jazz compiled by Giles Peterson. If you like this sort of thing its quite good

A Speculative purchase I was quite pleased with a year or so ago

R-13892705-1563466367-7786.jpeg.jpg

haven't played that for a while, must dig it out but currently...

The Antlers - Hospice

A concept album based on the relationship between a hospice worker and a female patient who is dying of cancer (cheery!!!!)

But it really is a thing of beauty and power. Peter Silbermans falsettoish voice and the instrumental textures combine to make a an oustanding album

R-1927451-1260312440.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Xann said:

https://www.juno.co.uk

https://www.discogs.com/seller/flashbacklondon/profile

These two are still operating, if y'all fancy swerving Amazon?

I’ve been up and down the Juno list a few times and been tempted.

To be honest, I think I just like browsing the lists and spotting where I think the excitement or the value is. It’s one of the things I miss with Spillers being mothballed. Thursday evening anticipation of the 9:00pm posting up of the Friday new stock list.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been up and down the Juno list a few times and been tempted.

Typed what I really wanted into the search, not expecting it to return anything. There it was, released February, the complete Voodoom on 2 CDs.

Then it was the soundtracks. Stopped at Cymande in the Funk. Will go back.

Got a newish one :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cyrusr said:

On a similar note, Bandcamp are waving their revenue fees again today for artists so if you want anything from there, todays a good day to get something.

An hour ago, I got all the way to pay for a £10 album, p&p was £6 ! 

That’s the closest I’ve got to cracking.

• Like 1

Â