What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The first success of the deep dive into my CDs. CD reunited with cover

Shack - Here's Tom with the Weather (Which I believe is a Bill Hicks reference)

It's Ok but it's not top drawer Shack either

R-1430877-1511168836-8190.jpeg.jpg

From the Above. You want Odd... The Twinkle Brothers and the Trebunia Family Band, Produced by AMS obvs

Reggae Stars and a Polish Folk Band, there's a whole album of this stuff. Only on CD and the CD sells for about £35-£40!

This is one of those CDs I'll have bought cheap as a reference point for one of those "influential bands." I doubt I've listened to it all the way through until today. Quite pleasant for a Sunday morning, though I think they'll be a "Best of" band for me, the one CD is enough

R-489447-1122224916.jpg.jpg

Bought because Skip McDonald, again quite pleasant Sunday morning listening. Skip is a genius guitar player, he can do anything. Also features Keith le Blanc on Drums. Leads towards his Little Axe material. A fusion of Ohio via London and Mauretania via Paris

R-1729512-1239687932.jpeg.jpg

R-38929-1237466118.jpeg.jpg.cd61f32b6fd547138b439458459c8e97.jpg

DJ Food & DK - 'Now Listen!'

DJ set so it's a various artists really.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Another one to freak out @Xann

Francoise Hardy - The Vogue Years

A friend at work took a liking to Ye-Ye after I'd taken a disk in. He played it non-stop for ages :( I can listen to it again, but not bought any for a while.

It was Jacqueline Taieb, she is really good. 

• Like 1

Little bit of personal history involved in this. Can't believe I've never opened the CD until now (Celophane still intact)

The rereleased on CD of Benny Profane's albums Trapdoor Swing and Dumbluck Charm, plus a couple of B-sides. I may play the odd cowbell on some of these and was present at all the recordings. The song's are ingrained into my psyche after a couple years on the road with the band

CD Cover has extra wording but isn't on Discogs (I might be bored enough later)

As great as it ever was, Dave's lyrics and story telling were quiite unique I always thought and again another band that should have been given moe attention than they were. Though having said that, if they had been, my life might have turned out completely differently, in fact I'm sure it would. Whether that would have been better or worse I don't know.

R-1023782-1548349981-9365.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

This goes ALL over the place, it has all the makings of someone working at Virgin being stoned off their tits and concieving this idea after way too much green...

I mean who starts a compilation with two tracks by the same artist, It's Prince Far-I which is good but still.

But it kinda works too. It's just a cheapo compilation but it does contain the absolutely bonkers dub mix of Killing Joke's Requiem (A loating leaf always reaches the sea dub mix), which was reason enough to buy this. If you haen't heard it, you should, it's effectively 11 minutes of ambient / dub madness based losely on the original tune's bass and synth lines, whoever did this was a genius

R-6284299-1424201582-8014.jpeg.jpg

Discogs for full track listing

Morrison Hotel, then Electric Soft Parade - An American Adventure (majorly dull, lasted 4 tracks) followed by possibly mt favourite Eels album, Daisies of the Galaxy

R-4289876-1360843154-2861.jpeg.jpgR-1267314-1205012970.jpeg.jpgR-3301045-1443991486-1160.jpeg.jpg

And now I'm onto... which quite frankly is utter bobbins, it got rave reviews, saying it was this and that, not sure why they didn't say shit pastiche of Black Sabbath. Produced by ex-Teardrop Exploes Alan Moulder too. Track 3 and it's off

R-2228374-1427252496-6880.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Morrison Hotel, then Electric Soft Parade - An American Adventure (majorly dull, lasted 4 tracks) followed by possibly mt favourite Eels album, Daisies of the Galaxy

R-4289876-1360843154-2861.jpeg.jpgR-1267314-1205012970.jpeg.jpgR-3301045-1443991486-1160.jpeg.jpg

And now I'm onto... which quite frankly is utter bobbins, it got rave reviews, saying it was this and that, not sure why they didn't say shit pastiche of Black Sabbath. Produced by ex-Teardrop Exploes Alan Moulder too. Track 3 and it's off

R-2228374-1427252496-6880.jpeg.jpg

I have a mate who adores Wolf Mother and have watched them with him at festivals. I scratch my head at the appeal. Shitty rock band but he loves them so much. 

• Like 1

I really don't remember buying this. This isn't a shock, I can buy loads of cheapo sale CDs and sometimes not play them ever. It's not as bad as I feared tbh but it's not brilliant either

The Horrors - Skying

R-2977645-1474366000-7754.jpeg.jpg

This mornings breakfast soundtrack...

Happy Mondays - Bummed. Recorded and concieved before they really made it. They were on the E but hadn't really brought that "rave" thing to their music yet. All the hits from this were remixed to suit the current Indie/Dance crossover thing. You'll hear many people tell you that the "Madchester" Scene was at the forefront of that, they weren't, they latched onto the Weatherall & Oakenfold thing as much as anyone else. It was the DJs that created that scene not the bands

My favourite Happy Mondays album just because it isn't what it's professed to be. It's a proper album, that really does capture what they were like before they went massive. The album always reminds me of a gig at the Old Warrington Rugby League Club, promoted by Simon Moron (SJM). I worked many of the early SJM gigs at the time, did all big events but this gig earlier on always sticks out. I'm fairly convinced it was a warm up and there were definitely more on the guest list than payers. It was like the Hacienda crowd transportd to a social club for the night, it was odd, very odd but when the band came on it totally went off, the whole crowd were just totally into it and very probably 90% were on something or other.

R-109368-1513029643-3259.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

This mornings breakfast soundtrack...

Happy Mondays - Bummed. Recorded and concieved before they really made it. They were on the E but hadn't really brought that "rave" thing to their music yet. All the hits from this were remixed to suit the current Indie/Dance crossover thing. You'll hear many people tell you that the "Madchester" Scene was at the forefront of that, they weren't, they latched onto the Weatherall & Oakenfold thing as much as anyone else. It was the DJs that created that scene not the bands

My favourite Happy Mondays album just because it isn't what it's professed to be. It's a proper album, that really does capture what they were like before they went massive. The album always reminds me of a gig at the Old Warrington Rugby League Club, promoted by Simon Moron (SJM). I worked many of the early SJM gigs at the time, did all big events but this gig earlier on always sticks out. I'm fairly convinced it was a warm up and there were definitely more on the guest list than payers. It was like the Hacienda crowd transportd to a social club for the night, it was odd, very odd but when the band came on it totally went off, the whole crowd were just totally into it and very probably 90% were on something or other.

R-109368-1513029643-3259.jpeg.jpg

I loved this album and to a lesser extent Squirrel and the G Man, I didnt buy the subsequent releases as my jeans were too tight and the beats were too repetitive. I wasnt their target market. This album may get played today though as it is pretty good. 

I also might be repeating myself here but the worst live band I ever saw. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Â