What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I loved this album and to a lesser extent Squirrel and the G Man, I didnt buy the subsequent releases as my jeans were too tight and the beats were too repetitive. I wasnt their target market. This album may get played today though as it is pretty good. 

I don't think I even own the other albums after this any more. the first two are definitely the ones for me

• Like 1

Beats and samples. Western beats with Indonesian and India samples. All very low tempo for a slow start to the morning.

I'm fairly sure I put these on at The Cosmos, around the time of this album (which is probably why I have it), I seem to remember the bloke in the band I had contact with was one pretentious dick and given that he changed his name to something much more Indian, that backs me up. (White tall skinny bloke)

But to be fair its a decent listen

Loop Guru - Duniya

R-246466-1196930617.jpeg.jpg

Proof that Andrew Weatherall wasn't a perfect judge, the band wanted him to produce this, he turned it down because he didn't think there was much in the music for him to work with. Who knows, he might have ruined it, Brendan Lynch did a great job

Also features Kevin Shields (always a bonus) and Bernard Sumner

Discogs describes this as... Electro, Dub Techno :mrgreen: ... it really isn't its full of f***ed up guitars

Primal Scream - XTRMNTR (or Exterminator according to the test pressings)

R-93684-1313805725.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Proof that Andrew Weatherall wasn't a perfect judge, the band wanted him to produce this, he turned it down because he didn't think there was much in the music for him to work with. Who knows, he might have ruined it, Brendan Lynch did a great job

Also features Kevin Shields (always a bonus) and Bernard Sumner

Discogs describes this as... Electro, Dub Techno :mrgreen: ... it really isn't its full of f***ed up guitars

Primal Scream - XTRMNTR (or Exterminator according to the test pressings)

R-93684-1313805725.jpeg.jpg

Shoot Speed/Kill Light and Kill All Hippies are right up there with everything else they’ve done that’s been great.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

49784615247_84d52a73d7.jpg

Want!

Lovely fella RIchard Norris, he was in Uni at the same time as me, he wrote pretentious guff for a university magazine, ran Bam Caruso Records and DJed and ran a Psyche night called The Hangout at the old Bierkeller in Liverpool, so we were sort of rivals in promotion. We sort of moved in similar but different circles but I think we had respect for each other and never did we ever have a bad word and we'd chat occaisionally. I really like a lot of the stuff he does from his ambient stuff, Beyond the Wizards Sleeve and all that stuff and even The Grid stuff was quite clever I though. I have lots of his lesser known stuff, the less well know the better it is usually.

• Like 1

Anyway playing this for the first time ages (and ages). Always reminds me of a particular year at the Edinburgh Festival when we were staying in a flat off Leith walk for the duration. This was before Trainspotting was a film, so those pubs in the film were still those pubs in the film and pretty much just like they were in the film

R-12155-1440624727-2676.jpeg.jpg

black_dahlia_murder_verminous.jpg

Verminous by The Black Dahlia Murder

Ninth record by these guys and they continue to go from strength to strength. If you're a fan of death metal then this record is a good listen. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Besnard Lakes - A Coloseum Complex Museum

Went to see these at the Deaf Institute in Manchester with @blandy, they are what they are and I like them

Oh aye. I remember that. They started with their best song. (below). It's a great venue the Deaf Institute. Seen a few gigs there, and always good.

• Like 1

Â