What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:13, bickster said:

This months Mojo cover disk, with the cover price on its own

06FB07F0-0F1D-4178-A1D4-5048754C6710.jpeg

847FBBB4-438B-48D5-9652-D4ED3157B673.jpeg

Even though looking through the track, I've got most of those tunes on other records, I'm still gonna buy Mojo on the way home.

• Like 1

Going to try and get to Sounds of the Universe tomorrow before they close, which might involve needing to break in to a light jog, so I’m not promising anything. But look out for some shiny new slightly obscure reggae coming soon!

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Sivert_H%C3%B8yem_-_Lioness.jpg

Nice touch of the Cave / Cohen / Lanegan about this.

Really impressive.

Not heard that before (or of him). There's a bit of Tindersticks in there too, maybe. I quite like it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not heard that before (or of him). There's a bit of Tindersticks in there too, maybe. I quite like it.

A track came up on my 'Discover Weekly' playlist on Spotify Pete.

Thoroughly enjoyable stuff so far :thumb:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Sivert_H%C3%B8yem_-_Lioness.jpg

Nice touch of the Cave / Cohen / Lanegan about this.

Really impressive.

Will deffo give that a go! Cheers ?

as you’ve mentioned lanegan, he has another album out with Duke Garwood. Haven’t got around to listening to it yet but on my list! 

Edited by theboyangel

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Will deffo give that a go! Cheers ?

as you’ve mentioned lanegan, he has another album out with Duke Garwood. Haven’t got around to listening to it yet but on my list! 

There's one track on Spoty so far, it sounds good

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Dopes to Infinity is my favourite album of theirs - cracking band. 

The 'Evil' single that followed 'Spine of God' was the last Monster Magnet I picked up, 'Dopes To Infinity' and 'Superjudge' were in the shared lounge when they were released.

The EP sounds rusty razorblade rough, 'Tab 25' meanders then 'Spine Of God' swirled in. All different enough from each other to be interesting.

It was funny watching them become massive after 'Power Trip' and 'Space Lord'. More than half expected Dave Wyndorf to kill himself on the proceeds.

Atomic Bitchwax was something to do with them, iirc? Considered that at the time.

• Like 1

Â