What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There is plenty of new, and new ish music I like. I just don't feel the need to play it much, because, I just prefer the old stuff. Call it nostalgia, but, I  just think it's much better. 

Music is an odd one for us humans, sometimes we prefer the comfort afforded by familiarity but at other times we have a spirit of adventure and a thirst for something new. It occurs at different levels in different people

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There is plenty of new, and new ish music I like. I just don't feel the need to play it much, because, I just prefer the old stuff. Call it nostalgia, but, I  just think it's much better. 

I'm very much like this, but I also fear to miss out on some good stuff. Yherefor I'm trying to listen to new music. But mostly I listen to the same old music.

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Music is an odd one for us humans, sometimes we prefer the comfort afforded by familiarity but at other times we have a spirit of adventure and a thirst for something new. It occurs at different levels in different people

Familiarity is my middle name. It can be boring at times, but maybe I'll bang my high heels on as I get older. 

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Familiarity is my middle name. It can be boring at times, but maybe I'll bang my high heels on as I get older. 

I'm currently re-discovering old stuff I've forgotten about, the joys of having a rather large collection of vinyl. Some of it remains familiar, some of it is like buying a new album all over again. I've just finished listening to...

Eligible Bachelors by the Monochrome Set which is a current earworm of mine from 1982 but now I've moved on to

From Across the Kitchen Table by The Pale Fountains which I'm definitely rediscovering all over again from 1985 (who said the 80's were crap?)

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm currently re-discovering old stuff I've forgotten about, the joys of having a rather large collection of vinyl. Some of it remains familiar, some of it is like buying a new album all over again. I've just finished listening to...

Eligible Bachelors by the Monochrome Set which is a current earworm of mine from 1982 

Is that the one with 'THE Monochrome Set, Monochrome Se-he-he-het'? 

Only thing I know by them. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Is that the one with 'THE Monochrome Set, Monochrome Se-he-he-het'? 

Only thing I know by them. 

No, I think that's the eponymous second single, which was also on the second album (the one before this one) "Strange Boutique"

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

1957 jazz, just tipping over in to something more like instrumental soul on the last couple of tracks on side 2

44256008092_2bcdb561ee.jpg

Can't be doing with vibraphone. 

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

c'mon, gives it a real coffee bar / hotel lobby feel

Sets my teeth on edge. Not keen on jazz guitar, either. There are occasional exceptions, but my general rule of thumb is that rock (in its widest sense) bands MUST feature guitars and vocals, but jazz bands should have neither. Drums, bass, piano, sax and trumpet, instrumentals only, please. 

D'you know what, I don't have it, but you might be a bit psychic 'cos I actually had it in my hand a couple of weeks ago but then bought something else. So it's probably the next thing I buy next time I'm up that London. I know exactly where it is in the rack!

Here's a regular youtube listen War with Eric Burdon

• Like 2

Here's one I have no idea about. I have no idea why I have it. I remember nothing about it at all. Complete mystery, normally this kind of thing is a freebie I got sent but this one even has a price tag on it! I only vaguely even remember the name of the band

Spirea X - Fireblade Skies

First impressions are that I must have been very flush and probably very chemically enhanced

Â