What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Yes, having been through a few different guises Primal Scream do appear to be most comfortable being a Rolling Stones tribute band. Odd thing is, I’m no big fan of the Stones, I think I’ve got one greatest hits CD somewhere ‘cos I wanted the two or three tracks around Wild Horses / Can’t Always Get sort of time period.
But I do love a bit of Primal Scream, be it Screamadelica which is just superb, or albums like Vanishing Point or Extrmntr. But then, the odd Stones tribute track they do such as It’s Alright, It’s OK on the More Light album is on just about every usb stick I’ve got in the car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes, having been through a few different guises Primal Scream do appear to be most comfortable being a Rolling Stones tribute band. Odd thing is, I’m no big fan of the Stones, I think I’ve got one greatest hits CD somewhere ‘cos I wanted the two or three tracks around Wild Horses / Can’t Always Get sort of time period.
But I do love a bit of Primal Scream, be it Screamadelica which is just superb, or albums like Vanishing Point or Extrmntr. But then, the odd Stones tribute track they do such as It’s Alright, It’s OK on the More Light album is on just about every usb stick I’ve got in the car. 

I was a primal scream fan, ivy ivy ivy, the last single before the change was very good and I own a few of their early albums. I recall vividly being in an old indie club in Shrewsbury called The Fridge and they played Loaded for the first time, I had no clue who it was, nor did my mates, we were figuratively knocked off our feet at how good it was, the DJ announced at the end that it was Primal Scream and I was scratching my head at how a band between singles could go from the chugging indie rock of ivy ivy ivy and their self titled album, which I played a hell of a lot, how they could take I'm losing more than I'll ever have and remix it beyond recognition to what Loaded is, still one of the greatest songs ever written. Then they released screamadelica and it was too blisssed out for me and I never really went back to the band.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was a primal scream fan, ivy ivy ivy, the last single before the change was very good and I own a few of their early albums. I recall vividly being in an old indie club in Shrewsbury called The Fridge and they played Loaded for the first time, I had no clue who it was, nor did my mates, we were figuratively knocked off our feet at how good it was, the DJ announced at the end that it was Primal Scream and I was scratching my head at how a band between singles could go from the chugging indie rock of ivy ivy ivy and their self titled album, which I played a hell of a lot, how they could take I'm losing more than I'll ever have and remix it beyond recognition to what Loaded is, still one of the greatest songs ever written. Then they released screamadelica and it was too blisssed out for me and I never really went back to the band.

A bit of a reversy percy for me, I loved Screamadelica and went for the back catalogue which I then thought was a huge disappointment. Many of the original fans hated Scream. Then 'Give Out' came out which I loved to bits, and lots of the fans of Screamadelica got pissed off at the second change of direction. So it felt like multiple reinventions which is very brave / dumb when you've already hit on a formula that worked.

Complicated thing this pop music.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2018 at 00:16, mjmooney said:

Finally reissued. The 1969 NRBQ debut. 

unnamed-29.jpg

Saw them in ~1983 with a girl I briefly (that night only) dated (shagged) who was a huge fan.  As I recall, it was a fun show, but not enough to inspire me to go buy any albums or seek out any future appearances.

• Like 1

On 10/08/2018 at 19:46, theboyangel said:

77:78 - Jellies

(ex members of The Bees)

very good psychedelic pop/rock - will make a nice soundtrack to my hols! 

I used to love The Bees. 

Have downloaded and will give it a listen on my way through France this weekend.

• Like 1

Â