What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Wiki is talking bollox. The Lucy in the Sky line is 'Tangerine TREES'. 

Don't expect it to sound like Krautrock. As Rob says, it's whimsical soft British psychedelic pop music.

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wiki is talking bollox. The Lucy in the Sky line is 'Tangerine TREES'. 

Don't expect it to sound like Krautrock. As Rob says, it's whimsical soft British psychedelic pop music.

Don't shoot the messenger!

ddL12bz.jpg

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

you've got to like rainbow, or is it too normal for you :)

He'd love it if there was a plate-lipped Peruvian percussionist ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

you've got to like rainbow, or is it too normal for you :)

Someone pressed a button right at the start of 1973. Popular music got shit very quickly and stayed that way for a decade and a half or so.

The less hip (by Western lead) regions, like countries behind the Iron Curtain and Africa retained a modicum of coolness for few more years.

The late 70s got so bad, Punk was considered an improvement.

If you don't believe me, just watch those repeats of Top of the Pops from the mid to late 70s.

We won't go too deep into the 80s. They started in a very bad place, but finally got their shit together.

There are exceptions obviously, but there's been enough riffage going on since the upturn not to have to bother with the dark times ;)

Couldn't give a monkey's about what anyone's warbling on about - Most Metal lyrics are complete nonsense and/or unintelligible, Rob ;) So why not isten to plate lipped Peruvians?

:P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xann said:

Someone pressed a button right at the start of 1973. Popular music got shit very quickly and stayed that way for a decade and a half or so.

The less hip (by Western lead) regions, like countries behind the Iron Curtain and Africa retained a modicum of coolness for few more years.

The late 70s got so bad, Punk was considered an improvement.

If you don't believe me, just watch those repeats of Top of the Pops from the mid to late 70s.

We won't go too deep into the 80s. They started in a very bad place, but finally got their shit together.

There are exceptions obviously, but there's been enough riffage going on since the upturn not to have to bother with the dark times ;)

Couldn't give a monkey's about what anyone's warbling on about - Most Metal lyrics are complete nonsense and/or unintelligible, Rob ;) So why not isten to plate lipped Peruvians?

:P

as i was not around back then so i see things a bit differently, although for me things started losing its way after 1975 but there was still plenty to like after 75. cant take to punk and dont really like anything about it, also the 80s were very very patchy. things slightly improved in the early 90s for a bit.

really like those two uploads you posted :thumb:

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Moody Blues - A Question Of Balance. There is something strangely addictive about the Moodies - I can't explain it at all but you just keep wanting to listen to them. Maybe it is because they are a proper Brummie band, or maybe because they are just so tuneful and so unorthodox I don't know. But all of their 'core seven' albums are just superb.

Here is a live version of Melancholy Man:

• Like 3

On 2/7/2016 at 22:02, troon_villan said:

How is it PieFace?

It's amazing! Much better than the first imo.

It's a slow burner, it probably took me about 10-15 listens to start to find all the hooks throughout, and now i'm addicted to it! So so good! 

• Like 1

Â