What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

40 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ive got that one too

You should start a Discogs inventory/collection. Helps you keep track.

Mine currently stands at 802, and I still have letters T-Z to add.

Yeah but 80% of your collection is in B

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

For general purchasing I'd say 60% Discogs, 40% ebay. Although in every instance I alwauys check both if there's something I really want. Sometimes one is very much cheaper than the other.

I have contacts for my Beach Boys stuff (just dropped over £100 on a rarity) either from Facebook or knowing them personally. Even so, I just found a real oddity on eBay , Beach Boys album from 1972 repackaged and retitled on an Italian Budget label. Never seen it before and got it for about seven quid.

You not bother with record shops? I like doing it online because it’s more chilled and you have time to check a few things over. Saying that you can’t beat walking into a shop and searching through the lps . 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How much ? Looks like it takes up a bit of room 

They're about 400 notes, I'm considering it

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You not bother with record shops? I like doing it online because it’s more chilled and you have time to check a few things over. Saying that you can’t beat walking into a shop and searching through the lps . 

Not many record shops near me, although if I find one I'll always go in

23 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How much ? Looks like it takes up a bit of room 

Yes and Yes, I paid 289 for mine but its anew model now and he price has risen soewhat in three years, like Rob said 400 notes and yes it is also a bit bulky

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes and Yes, I paid 289 for mine but its anew model now and he price has risen soewhat in three years, like Rob said 400 notes and yes it is also a bit bulky

Bit pricey but I’m more concerned about the room it takes up. I’m set up in my bedroom as it’s the safest and most comfortable place to play music. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bit pricey but I’m more concerned about the room it takes up. I’m set up in my bedroom as it’s the safest and most comfortable place to play music. 

Mines kinda the same floorspace as my record deck but about three times taller

I believe there is a more compact version now

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mines kinda the same floorspace as my record deck but about three times taller

I believe there is a more compact version now

I need some new speakers. The ones the missus got me  are not loud enough. I’m partly short of hearing in one ear anyway, but when I play music I like it very loud. Wouldn’t mind some of those Marshall stacks 😉

• Haha 1

Its been a busy day, out earning money this weekend for the first time since the pandemic started and doing some DIY today to. Time to put my feet up with a refreshing beer and my choice of album was Sextet by A Certain Ratio

Laid back Manc Alt-funk. This has always been my favourite album of theirs, I'm fairly sure I've posted it before but it deserves another mention anyway. I love everything about this record including the abstract cover

R-12172-1512990864-9830.jpeg.jpg

Â