What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I think mine is the 1970 UK one.

Listened to this just the other day. 'SF Sorrow Is Born' is great, the rest is a bit meh really.

Tomorrow, 5 Day Week Straw People, July, Kaleidoscope and Le Fleur de Lys all did better imho

I tend to agree. First 'rock opera' though - beat 'Tommy' by a few weeks. 'Parachute' is a much better Pretties album.

On 1/22/2016 at 11:43, PieFacE said:

Illmatic is the only hip-hop album I can listen too. 

That's quite interesting given there's literally loads of similar sounding albums from that period with the likes of DJ Premier and Pete Rock delivering the production.

Obviously Illmatic contains a unique combination of production and great rhymes but I think there's a lot of gems from the golden era of hiphop (1988-1996).

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, simont123 said:

Ty Segal Emotional Mugger.  I suppose Californian Psych rock would be the genre!

Talented guy though.

Big fan of Ty Segal - his last album Manipulator was pretty awesome too.

If you like that, check out some Hanni El Khatib.

2 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

After finding Uncle Acid on here before Christmas, can anyone recommend one or two similar stoner rock albums...it's not usually my bag but they hit the spot.

Also been listening to The Front Bottoms recently.

It's an oldy but still a goody

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/70/Monster_Magnet_Dopes_to_Infinity.jpg

• Like 2

After finding Uncle Acid on here before Christmas, can anyone recommend one or two similar stoner rock albums...it's not usually my bag but they hit the spot.

I would certain recommend checking out I'm in your mind fuzz by Aussies king gizzard and the lizard wizard if you like uncle acid.

Edit

...wrong band name

• Like 2

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

Do you like BRMC? Or Brian's Jonestown Massacre? 

• Like 1

Â