What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

3 hours ago, islingtonclaret said:

Oh my god, it's happened. Someone has actually used the term "EDM".

They're like the EDL, but slightly further up the evolutionary scale and a bit more more dancey.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

51odOoMo4vL._SY300_.jpg

The 'Variations on a Theme by Hindemith' are so good.

Handley is nice on yours. 

The Naxos is in the general melee on my phone, love it.

Classical box sets are such great value, but it's like looking at an overlarge meal sometimes.

The great thing is, they don't go off. You can go back and pick at them anytime.

The Naxos Walton is on their award winner box. The 'Chichester Psalms' are a bit crap tbh (slices of 'West Side Story'), but the Walton and the Bliss 'Adam Zero' are wonderful.

Pick at the rest of the box some other time. 

On 08/01/2016 at 17:40, troon_villan said:

Go on.

"EDM", or "Electronic Dance Music" is a pathetically vague genre label invented by American major record labels because they wanted to rebrand a ton of music to shed "rave culture" which was associated with drug excess in the United States.

It incorporates absolutely everything from house, detroit techno, drum 'n' bass, garage, trance, dubstep and it's horrendous US counterpart 'brostep', and now effectively pop music.

Therefore, it is an absolutely shit way of describing music. It's like saying Madonna and The Rolling Stones are the same, because it's pop music.

OK Computer.  

I've not listened to it in a couple of years and I'd forgotten how good it is.  It's here where I feel the need to stress that I'm not saying I'd forgotten it was good, I know that, but just how incredibly magnificent and perfect it is. Truly one of the greatest records ever made. 

• Like 2

Go on.

"EDM", or "Electronic Dance Music" is a pathetically vague genre label invented by American major record labels because they wanted to rebrand a ton of music to shed "rave culture" which was associated with drug excess in the United States.

It incorporates absolutely everything from house, detroit techno, drum 'n' bass, garage, trance, dubstep and it's horrendous US counterpart 'brostep', and now effectively pop music.

Therefore, it is an absolutely shit way of describing music. It's like saying Madonna and The Rolling Stones are the same, because it's pop music.

Ok.

Â