• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Our next manager should be somebody who is prepared to walk that extra mile for the job, a brave man, a strong man, and a man of integrity. That man may well be in our midst.
Yes our next manager should be all of those things and if McLeish takes the job then he may very well tick all of those boxes. But he must also get results on the pitch and the evidence to date suggests that may not happen. As well as obviously taking the noses down twice, he managed to 'guide' Rangers to 3rd in the SPL. Quite an impressive achievement in a 2 team league. Being a 'good manager' is a much more important box to tick than the size of the man's cojones or his ambition. And that's the point here. He just doesn't appear to me to be someone worth chasing, ignoring his association with them.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think we went from being linked with Ancelotti, Hughes and Moyes, to McClaren and McLeish, **** depressing.

Personally think both McLeish and McClaren are better than Hughes.

Do you think we are any closer to a CL spot as we stand today? Managerless, our support in disarray and our best players leaving - hardly progress in my mind

Five years ago we were heading for the Championship. I don't think we are now.

I'm wondering how much of the NFL lockout is being played out at Villa Park?

NFL Lockout & Aston Villa

This is the biggest piece of bollocks of all.

Lerner stands to make a fortune if there's no NFL season. They still get the TV contracts, without having to pay players a penny. That's why the owners are playing hardball (I know there are different court rulings on this, but trust me, that's what will happen).

one more thing. think when people try to bring you down it´s because of jealousy and and not doing ting the way they like to dictate. so basically all the media can f... off!!!!!!!!!!! we will be winning things again. why , because we are great . oh and whats are motto ? quite a few i feel don´t believe in it...

the Motto is 'Be Prepared', which is quite IRONIC after these last 12 months.....

No it's not. We're not the boy scouts.

so what is it then you smart arse prick

'Prepared'

Pillock!

Wildwood

The point is why consider only Premier League mangers which narrows the field considerably. Then tell fans that a manager's achievements outside of the Premier League is given consideration. What is with the Premier League experience especially when it is a poor record. And does Faulkener know what he is doing?

one more thing. think when people try to bring you down it´s because of jealousy and and not doing ting the way they like to dictate. so basically all the media can f... off!!!!!!!!!!! we will be winning things again. why , because we are great . oh and whats are motto ? quite a few i feel don´t believe in it...

the Motto is 'Be Prepared', which is quite IRONIC after these last 12 months.....

God I just love true and loyal fans who've never looked at the badge FFS

Ignore him Gaz

On a similar note, is it true some complete "clearings in the woods" have grafftied Bodymoor.

To think we used to say McLeish managed the inbred morons, maybe he will again

It's "Prepared".

Your sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

This has to be the most simple ownage I have ever seen.

It's "Prepared".

Your sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

cheers smart arse prick esq, so then please explain to me how the motto is not ironic after the shambles that has happened

Personally I'd take McLeish over Roeder. At least we can argue the merits of McLeish as a coach. I don't think there's an argument about Roeder's, tbh.

It's "Prepared".

Your sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

This has to be the most simple ownage I have ever seen.

Close the polls.

Pop open the champagne and thank everyone for coming.

Post of the Year 2011 has just been won.

If it doesn't turn out to be McLeish then it was a genius move really, pretty much the entire fanbase has been humbled and their expectations shattered over the last fortnight, so much so we'd probably hail Curbs coming in as opposed to this.

It's "Prepared".

Your sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

cheers smart arse prick esq, so then please explain to me how the motto is not ironic after the shambles that has happened

Hahaha Chaz-Villan got pwnd

Forever more, Chaz-Villan will be synonymous with "Pwnd the Boy Scout"

It's "Prepared".

Yours sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

Happy to be of assistance to you and remove the need for you to undertake such frivolous actions like "looking at the club crest" or "reading".

As for your request regarding the supposed irony or otherwise of said motto, that was not the point which I was addressing. However, I am happy to acquiesce to your request and enter into a debate on this.

It appears to me that your assertion is that the club is not, despite its motto, "prepared". This leads me to enquire as to what you think the club is not prepared for?

I will await your response to this and continue the discussion with you subsequently.

Yours,

S A Prick esq

Looking more and more a done deal.

I've come to the conclusion that Randy Lerner will dig his heels in and give the ginger one the nod, just because he can. The more vociferous the protest, the likelier he is to say 'up yours' and bring him in.

Its all gone tits up in 12mths and I'm not sure this board can ever recover from it.

And Mcleish?......well, if he does'nt win his first six games and the likes of Downing et al don't come rushing in to sign new deals, he'll be hung out to dry by a lot of the supporters. All I can say is, if he does take the job, the guy must surely have some bottle because it ain't gonna be easy!!