• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

"Watching #BCFC & #AVFC fighting over Alex #McLeish is like watching Cheryl Cole & kelly Brook fight over Luke Chadwick.....Ridiculous"

Cheryl Cole and Anne Widdecombe more like.

No, that's not far off from the truth. Cheryl Cole is nothing special. I wouldn't even say she's that good looking to be honest.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I'm going to enjoy this one:

"Pround History Bright Future was a five year plan which arguably has left us worse off at the end than we were are the start."

Go on then. Argue it. How are we worse off than 5 years ago. Enlighten me.

Five years ago I had enormous optimism and a real faith in what we could achieve - I don't have any real hope for the next five years

Do you think we are any closer to a CL spot as we stand today? Managerless, our support in disarray and our best players leaving - hardly progress in my mind

So your arguement that Aston Villa are now in a worse position than 5 years ago is based on the fact that you have run out of faith.

Well thank you for that. Well done.

Don't become a lawyer. Its not for you.

16th, 6th,6th,6th,9th - YES I believe we ARE closer to a CL spot that we were 5 years ago. 7 places closer in fact.

So you think we are closing in on a Champions League spot do you? Dream on.

O'Neill, Houllier, McLeish - You think that's progess? Wow how deluded are you

From 2000 to 2005 our average position was 9th (8th, 8th, 16th, 6th,10th) - last season we were 9th. That's not progress in my book.

RL has shot his bolt IMO

Actually 10th (mathematical convention is that you round UP decimal places when above 0.5) - cleverly done.

And I would argue that until MON walked out the 5 year plan was progressing rather well. If you want to blame anyone for lack of progress last year, he's your man. Not Randy.

the Motto is 'Be Prepared', which is quite IRONIC after these last 12 months.....

No it's not. We're not the boy scouts.

so what is it then you smart arse prick

It's "Prepared".

Yours sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

cheers smart arse prick esq, so then please explain to me how the motto is not ironic after the shambles that has happened

Happy to be of assistance to you and remove the need for you to undertake such frivolous actions like "looking at the club crest" or "reading".

As for your request regarding the supposed irony or otherwise of said motto, that was not the point which I was addressing. However, I am happy to acquiesce to your request and enter into a debate on this.

It appears to me that your assertion is that the club is not, despite its motto, "prepared". This leads me to enquire as to what you think the club is not prepared for?

I will await your response to this and continue the discussion with you subsequently.

Yours,

S A Prick esq

hahaha

first of all i would like to thank you for putting a smile on my face for the first time today!

secondly, prepared and be prepared have a very similar meaning, if i was to say prepared and not prepared were the same i would understand your objection....

as to my point about the board not being prepared.... last year they dicked about for months before making an appointment of a washed up manager with major heart problems that also couldnt start the job until weeks after he was announced as manager... they say that they want a manager who shares there ambition yet only days after ged was appointed he referred to us as a 7th to 12th placed team after wed just finished 6th 3 years running. i personally think that these comments along with many others made were fuel for the fire that raged behind the scenes last year. the board most certainly showed then they were not prepared. and now, the manor in which we have held interviews, one at a time, scattered about is just unprofessional. the board wasnt prepared for MON taking us to court, they wernt prepared for geds heart problems recurring, they wernt prepared to pay off houlliers remaining 2 and half year contract and theyr also not prepared to pay compensation for a good manager. they are not prepared to convince downing he should stay at the villa... i could go on....

---------------Time out--------------------

I interrupt this argument to give you a public service announcement…

If (and it is a big IF) we haven’t tapped AM up and we are merely interviewing him, the odds for him to become manager are astronomically low. The 1/8 offered by Ladbrokes at the moment is on par with footballing certainties such as Ashley Young joining Utd etc.

Consider the uncertainties which will still affect this potential appointment…

- We don’t know who else or how many others have been interviewed or are waiting in the wings should circumstances change

- We don’t really know how Randy and co are personally feeling about the fans backlash against interviewing AM

- We don’t know how AM is feeling about the fans backlash against him

- We don’t know how well that interview is going to go, he could completely **** it up for all we know

- We don’t know whether Birmingham’s bitter lawsuit may throw a spanner in the works

For me, the closest ‘still realistically possible’ candidates (i.e. those who haven’t ruled themselves completely out of the running since GH left) are on massively high odds. Go to Betfair and Moyes is around 18/1, Rijkard at 80/1, Coyle at 130/1, even second fav Mark hughes is 8/1.

All I am saying is that those who don’t believe this is a formality, it might be in your interest to put a few quid on the rest of the field just in case.

------------Resume bickering----------------

What's the best we could hope for under McLeish - 7th? Whoopie!!

So if we had appointed Ancelotti, we would be looking at winning the treble next season???

You really are a sarky f****r

Ancelotti wouldn't come to Villa and I never suggested he should

My point is that the very best we could expect under McLeish would be 7th (IN MY OPINION) and probably not that good

I don't expect Villa to win the treble - I would like them to make a run at 4th spot (like Spuds did last season). I don't think appointing McL will do that

If you feel McLeish is the ideal appointment for you then thats your (deluded) opinion

OK....... ive calmed down a bit. I have new demands :D

When McLeish is announced at the press conference.. it will make me feel better with a record signing and Nzogbia sitting next to him.

Need something to cheer us Villa Fans up.. been a rough 12 months.

SSN: But with McLeish understood to be in talks with club owner Randy Lerner in London, it appears he could be confirmed as the new Villans boss in the coming days.

Because everyone knows that if you talk to someone, you HAVE to hire them.

FFS, the press are a bunch of **** words removed and they aren't happy unless they're spouting drivel 24/7. They're the ones to blame for this mass panic amongst Villa fans and the laughter from opposition fans.

I seriously wouldn't give a toss if all news outlets disappeared.

the Motto is 'Be Prepared', which is quite IRONIC after these last 12 months.....

It's "Prepared".

Your sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

cheers smart arse prick esq, so then please explain to me how the motto is not ironic after the shambles that has happened

Hahaha Chaz-Villan got pwnd

Forever more, Chaz-Villan will be synonymous with "Pwnd the Boy Scout"

Seconded - MODS!! Can we have one of those natty little MOD titles for Chaz please..... "Boy Scout" would be perfect.

Thanks.

Whilst we're being pedants, they aren't technically 'Boy Scouts' but 'Scouts'. :P

As for McLeish... it'll take A LOT for him to win me over. A **** lot.

Our next manager should be somebody who is prepared to walk that extra mile for the job, a brave man, a strong man, and a man of integrity. That man may well be in our midst.
Yes our next manager should be all of those things and if McLeish takes the job then he may very well tick all of those boxes. But he must also get results on the pitch and the evidence to date suggests that may not happen. As well as obviously taking the noses down twice, he managed to 'guide' Rangers to 3rd in the SPL. Quite an impressive achievement in a 2 team league. Being a 'good manager' is a much more important box to tick than the size of the man's cojones or his ambition. And that's the point here. He just doesn't appear to me to be someone worth chasing, ignoring his association with them.

So let's cut to tomorrow's headline:

"Lerner crumbles to supporter pressure.......again!"

Realistically, who next?

"Watching #BCFC & #AVFC fighting over Alex #McLeish is like watching Cheryl Cole & kelly Brook fight over Luke Chadwick.....Ridiculous"

Cheryl Cole and Anne Widdecombe more like.

No, that's not far off from the truth. Cheryl Cole is nothing special. I wouldn't even say she's that good looking to be honest.

Yeah, what a munter:

cheryl-cole.jpg

It's "Prepared".

Your sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

This might help you with the concept of irony.

An old man turned ninety-eight

He won the lottery and died the next day

It's a black fly in your Chardonnay

It's a death row pardon two minutes too late

And isn't it ironic... don't you think

It's like rain on your wedding day

It's a free ride when you've already paid

It's the good advice that you just didn't take

Who would've thought... it figures

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly

He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye

He waited his whole damn life to take that flight

And as the plane crashed down he thought

"Well isn't this nice..."

And isn't it ironic... don't you think

Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you

When you think everything's okay and everything's going right

And life has a funny way of helping you out when

You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up

In your face

A traffic jam when you're already late

A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife

It's meeting the man of my dreams

And then meeting his beautiful wife

And isn't it ironic...don't you think

A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you

Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out

Helping you out

so which book of the bible is this from?

So owned!! Do you get to keep him as a trophy Gaz? :lol:

What's the best we could hope for under McLeish - 7th? Whoopie!!

So if we had appointed Ancelotti, we would be looking at winning the treble next season???

You really are a sarky f****r

Ancelotti wouldn't come to Villa and I never suggested he should

My point is that the very best we could expect under McLeish would be 7th (IN MY OPINION) and probably not that good

I don't expect Villa to win the treble - I would like them to make a run at 4th spot (like Spuds did last season). I don't think appointing McL will do that

If you feel McLeish is the ideal appointment for you then thats your (deluded) opinion

I've noticed a lot of posters who are under 150 votes are very angry and very rude.

Spose it's a mix of children, trolls and ignorant people.

Anyway, please carry on with your gems of wisdom.

(BTW - 7th is higher than 9th - I'd take that)