• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine how stupid the fans, myself included, will look if we don't give the job to AM? Graffiti (not me), protesting (again, not me) and moaning on the boards (ok a bit of this is me) and he was only ever a candidate. Particularly as some (not me) have already asked for Lerner OUT and given votes of no confidence based on a potential decision.

Here's hoping AM doesn't meet the criteria.

Might record talkSPORT tonight from 4pm just to hear Durham tear our club and fans to shreds with his horseshit.

I think its pretty stupid we are even interviewing McLeish

i agree man and tbh all the bs that has gone on this last 5 years is starting to get mentions because of this all time low....... do the board even watch other teams play football, they honestly think that playing how blues did last year is going to benefit our club in any way.....

"Waa Waa Waa. The club need to issue a statement NOW and tell us what's going on. We're sick of getting our information from TalkSport."

"Waa Waa Waa. The statement from the club last night has made us all angry. They should either shut up or tell us what we want to hear."

Eames i suggest you get your facts straight before having a go at others we were 11th 6th 6th 6th 9th. dont become a lawyer as they deal in fact!!

Now i was shit at school...but 9th has got to be better than 11th???

Well done but my point is if your going to state facts get them right!!

I actually agree with his point

"Waa Waa Waa. The club need to issue a statement NOW and tell us what's going on. We're sick of getting our information from TalkSport."

"Waa Waa Waa. The statement from the club last night has made us all angry. They should either shut up or tell us what we want to hear."

:crylaugh:

Oh look, another board arse-licker.

Eames i suggest you get your facts straight before having a go at others we were 11th 6th 6th 6th 9th. dont become a lawyer as they deal in fact!!

Now i was shit at school...but 9th has got to be better than 11th???

Well done but my point is if your going to state facts get them right!!

I actually agree with his point

Fair one - got me on the factual accuracy, but the point stands.

AND TRUST ME - not knowing the facts is a positive asset when considering a career in law.......

Randy Lerner has been sat at his desk for hours with a loaded gun in his hand and he's been pointing it at his shoe. Will he pull the trigger and shoot himself in the foot or will the General having been forewarned by thousands of Villa fans snatch it off him in the nick of time?

Watch this space! :lol:

I've come to the conclusion Randy wants out, and what better way than to upset the faithful and then claim when they kick off that he can no longer continue due to the lack of support.

He's a smart cookie.

Assuming that McLeish wasn't tapped up, and that his sudden availability has come as much of a surprise to the Villa board as they will no doubt protest it has, is it reasonable to think that the man himself may yet decide that this isn't the best move for him?

Setting aside my opinion of him as a manager, he has always struck me as a fairly pragmatic, intelligent guy. Take his public comments in the build-up to and aftermath of any derby match between ourselves and the Blues over the last few years; he never seemed to buy into any of the fire-stoking tactics that Steve Bruce did and was often quite complimentary - and realistic - about how Blues ranked in direct comparison with us. Clearly, he possesses a certain degree of awareness and so it's not as if he won't be privy to the mounting intensity among Villa supporters so dramatically opposed to his appointment. Yes, he will rightly see Villa as a bigger club and one that offers the kind of career challenge he would no doubt want from his next appointment - but surely he will weigh the personal cost of instantly becoming such a figure of controversy that the hysteria from both sides of the city will make it very difficult, if not impossible, for him to work effectively. Despite the two relegations with Blues, it appears his reputation and standing in the game is respectable and he will almost certainly receive other attractive offers in due course. If things go badly at Villa his reputation could be irreparably damaged.

It wouldn't surprise me if he even pulled out before an interview takes place having taken stock of things - and if he does he will probably have exercised more common sense than our board is clearly willing to at present.

Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws and desperately trying to still apply some degree of logic to a situation that has become inherently illogical.

Your scenario where; for all intents and purposes; we get turned down by sha's manager, is probably the most embarrassing thing that could happen the club from a media point of view. Whatever laughing stock we currently are would be multiplied. You are right in the sense that a man with his eyes wide open has to know what he's walking into; and a manager as intelligent as Big Eck appears to be has got to be at least that aware that this is a volatile situation. Not that I imagine the board particuarly care how they are perceived by other clubs & fans. But our own fans would have to be convinced to step back from the cliff edge at that point and they'd be both relieved that the appointment didn't happen, and hugely angry that a) we wanted him in the first place and that B) the board couldn't even convince him to take the job.

My opinion is that if they offer him the job he will take it. Simple as that. But I do hope that the board then give him a much bigger transfer budget than they might have given someone else, in an attempt to get the fans back on side with some impressive signings. Kind of like a 'sorry' to us without the explicit use of the word. We (as a generalisation) will be hurting if he is hired and that would be a good place to start the attempt at any reconciliation.

Here we go. Claret and blue on claret and blue time. Round 1, ding ding ding ding. I expect more will follow

:crylaugh:

X 2 at least

:wave:

Arse licker is a bit strong. But if you're accusing me of supporting the custodian of our club, using evidence such as his statements and previous actions, then yes; guilty as charged.

this is just so very very stupid now. if AM firstly passes the interview , and then becomes manager ,i will support the decision. why? because i live and breathe aston villa!!!!! getting worked up like this is just , well , i have no words to explain thats how stupid it is all getting. get behind the club . remember last season ," we´re going down ", " GH is ruining this club". get a grip please. where did we finish? oh i´m sure some of the fans (if they can call themselves that) amongst us, who want instant cups and leagues , filled with negativity and being led like sheep will find something negative with that. alot has gone on , deal with it like men, women , not as if we were in the school playground !!!!!!!!! negativity breeds negativity, is that what you want?? i joined this site to talk about my love ,not try and bring it down on it´s knees .

so, lets get a little more positive eh , come on it´s not that difficult. smile for once and look at who we are .

:)

:wave:

Arse licker is a bit strong. But if you're accusing me of supporting the custodian of our club, using evidence such as his statements and previous actions, then yes; guilty as charged.

I'm Spartacus