• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone considered that this is the poison chalice, the job that no one wants?

Hughes-looks Chelsea bound in some capacity, can't blame him.

Martinez-either lacks ambition, or is honest enough to say that it is too big for him at this time.

Moyes-has Kenwright where he wants him, earns shitloads of money, and is under no pressure. The last thing that he would want is to come under the scrutiny of the boo boys that frequent Villa Park.

Benitez-beneath him, and wouldn't give him the kind of money that he needs to systematically destroy the club, like he tried to do at Liverpool.

McLaren-would have jumped at it, but the boo boys didn't want him.

So McLeish is prepared to interrupt his holiday to come and talk and, presumably, if offered, accept a position that will bring enormous pressure down on him, where the boo boys will be set off when we concede the first corner in his first game.

Our next manager should be somebody who is prepared to walk that extra mile for the job, a brave man, a strong man, and a man of integrity. That man may well be in our midst.

I've come to the conclusion Randy wants out, and what better way than to upset the faithful and then claim when they kick off that he can no longer continue due to the lack of support.

He's a smart cookie.

And you're a crumbly biscuit.

one more thing. think when people try to bring you down it´s because of jealousy and and not doing ting the way they like to dictate. so basically all the media can f... off!!!!!!!!!!! we will be winning things again. why , because we are great . oh and whats are motto ? quite a few i feel don´t believe in it...

Ring, Ring “Hello, is that Mr Faulkener?”

“Yes”

“I represent Mr Rikjaard. He may be interested in a position you have available”

“Who?”

“Mr Rikjaard. He managed Barcelona a few years back”

“What division are they in?”

“They are a Spanish team”

“Okay. What Premier League experience has he had?”

“He’s not managed in England as of yet but we maybe able to change that.”

“Thanks for the call but we only looking at mangers with Premier League relegation experience. Actually I got to call Mr Fergurson, sorry Sir Mr Fergurson about our vacancy now, apparently he knows a good fellow not far from here. Thanks for the interest and maybe give us a call when Mr Rikjaard has proved himself Premier League relegation material.”

McLeish will not turn it down. No Way, read Colin Tattum's article about the man, he will see it as a challenge.

I haven't read the article, I'll get around to it soon.

For now, I'm curious about what McLeish means by "challenge".

Does he see the Villa job as:

- The most prestigious and high profile job he's ever had

- An opportunity for him to prove himself on a bigger stage than previously

- Something that he feels privileged to hold

If so, then to my mind that's better than (someone like) Frank Riijkaard who would be off as soon as a bigger club fluttered their eyelashes at him.

I have my concerns about AMcL and his ability to do that job but if, after an interview process, he has done enough to convince Randy Lerner of his credentials, I'll give him my support.

Ring, Ring “Hello, is that Mr Faulkener?”

“Yes”

“I represent Mr Rikjaard. He may be interested in a position you have available”

“Who?”

“Mr Rikjaard. He managed Barcelona a few years back”

“What division are they in?”

“They are a Spanish team”

“Okay. What Premier League experience has he had?”

“He’s not managed in England as of yet but we maybe able to change that.”

“Thanks for the call but we only looking at mangers with Premier League relegation experience. Actually I got to call Mr Fergurson, sorry Sir Mr Fergurson about our vacancy now, apparently he knows a good fellow not far from here. Thanks for the interest and maybe give us a call when Mr Rikjaard has proved himself Premier League relegation material.”

Not sure what your point is here?

one more thing. think when people try to bring you down it´s because of jealousy and and not doing ting the way they like to dictate. so basically all the media can f... off!!!!!!!!!!! we will be winning things again. why , because we are great . oh and whats are motto ? quite a few i feel don´t believe in it...

the Motto is 'Be Prepared', which is quite IRONIC after these last 12 months.....

the Motto is 'Be Prepared', which is quite IRONIC after these last 12 months.....

No it's not. We're not the boy scouts.

I've come to the conclusion Randy wants out, and what better way than to upset the faithful and then claim when they kick off that he can no longer continue due to the lack of support.

He's a smart cookie.

I was actually thinking about this last night and I couldnt blame the man, he has done wonders since being at villa, he has re-energised the place, restored many aspects of the ground and bought back the feel good factor after the despair of GTII and DOL and the way some fans react to this is to throw their toys out of the pram before anyone has even been appointed yet, after the abuse he has received from last season he is probably doing this as a big **** you to the moaning boo boys before leaving us to be run by the pitchfork waving fans.

Fan power nearly destroyed the barcodes, dont let it happen to the villa.

No it's not. We're not the boy scouts.

so what is it then you smart arse prick

look at it this way A.M. left them and wants to come to us . so why shouldn´t we talk to him obviously wants to better himself . it´s them that should be asking themselves questions not us . i look at it with pride.

Your scenario where; for all intents and purposes; we get turned down by sha's manager, is probably the most embarrassing thing that could happen the club from a media point of view. Whatever laughing stock we currently are would be multiplied. You are right in the sense that a man with his eyes wide open has to know what he's walking into; and a manager as intelligent as Big Eck appears to be has got to be at least that aware that this is a volatile situation. Not that I imagine the board particuarly care how they are perceived by other clubs & fans. But our own fans would have to be convinced to step back from the cliff edge at that point and they'd be both relieved that the appointment didn't happen, and hugely angry that a) we wanted him in the first place and that B) the board couldn't even convince him to take the job.

My opinion is that if they offer him the job he will take it. Simple as that. But I do hope that the board then give him a much bigger transfer budget than they might have given someone else, in an attempt to get the fans back on side with some impressive signings. Kind of like a 'sorry' to us without the explicit use of the word. We (as a generalisation) will be hurting if he is hired and that would be a good place to start the attempt at any reconciliation.

I pray he turns us down. I actually couldnt care any less that other people are laughing at us and I dont actually care what people / other fans think about us.

What I care about is the reason they are laughing, they are laughing at the misfortune of hiring a manager like alex mcdouche which is something I feel strongly about.

I would take anything, be the laughing stock of the entire world to not have him as our manager. I will be quitely having the last laugh if we dont hire him and get some other manager who may give us a glimmer of hope.

He's a smart cookie.

I agree he wants out - or isn't intersted - He hardly attended any games last year - and seems to have a very poor grasp on good managers and poor managers and the significance of such.

Unlike Doug I don't see Lerner sticking around when he's not wanted.