• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Have you seen how the youth and reserve teams have been doing over the last few years some of you lot? This club does not need "restructuring" from the youth team upwards. And MON did not cock anything up - whoever appointed Houllier did! It's easily rectified, though. Stop watching Eurosport and trying to appoint Spanish waiters and former war criminals and get one of the young Scots in!

What a load of cack.

So what needs restructuring outside the first team then, Mazrim? By the way, do you watch Eurosport?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone want it to be a particular person solely because they have money on him?

Personally I've got 30 quid on Mark Hughes and I want it to be him. Not because I'd love to see him manage the Villa but more because I'm not blown away by anyone that is being talked about so might as well earn some cash

tenner on moyes @ 13/1 so moyes please for me. :P

Have you seen how the youth and reserve teams have been doing over the last few years some of you lot? This club does not need "restructuring" from the youth team upwards. And MON did not cock anything up - whoever appointed Houllier did! It's easily rectified, though. Stop watching Eurosport and trying to appoint Spanish waiters and former war criminals and get one of the young Scots in!

What a load of cack.

Listening to Ian Taylor the other day talking about Bryan Jones, he was effectively saying for him its not about winning youth cups or leagues at that level it's effectively getting players into the first team, yes we've developed a few but how many would you say are quality? Their good footballers but we haven't created a Rooney or an Ethan Moore (Sorry SGC). No doubt i'll get Albrighton or Delfouneso, but we do need to work on our youth set up in the scouting areas and we are by gradually bringing a few foreign players. Two highly rated youngsters scouted under MON's era have both been released. Forrester and the Dutch Chap.

i Just wish it would be over with, It's getting to the point where i will except anyone just so its done and dusted, It may have been 7 days but don't half feel like a month.

The soon this is sorted the better then we can get back to what close season is all about, transfer rumours :D

i Just wish it would be over with, It's getting to the point where i will except anyone just so its done and dusted, It may have been 7 days but don't half feel like a month.

The soon this is sorted the better then we can get back to what close season is all about, transfer rumours :D

Just think if it is Hughes we might still have 3 weeks left of no news / aimless speculation until 1st July ...

Thats going to pass slowly

Apparently Bryan Robson has resigned from managing the Thailand team today according to tweets..

That'll be another name thrown in the ring no doubt..

I was told yesterday we held talks with Ancelotti, but I personally think it could well turn out to be Moyes.

Bryan Robson is battling throat cancer, I imagine this is why he has stepped down from the Thailand job.

If lerner wants to alienate himself then he better not choose rafa or mcbrolley as fans will vote with their feet imo, i feel only fans want Moyes or ancelloti and maybe hughes at a push very nervous who will get the hotseat i'd prefer moyes myself look at who he could bring ;)

Just think if it is Hughes we might still have 3 weeks left of no news / aimless speculation until 1st July ...

Thats going to pass slowly

We'll be pretty certain if it's Hughes by the start of next week IMO. If there's no movement at all before then, it's Hughes.

If lerner wants to alienate himself then he better not choose rafa or McLaren as fans will vote with their feet imo, i feel only fans want Moyes or ancelloti and maybe hughes at a push very nervous who will get the hotseat i'd prefer moyes myself look at who he could bring ;)

Rafa is 2nd on the poll, a fair amount ahead of Hughes.

What a load of cack.

So what needs restructuring outside the first team then, Mazrim? By the way, do you watch Eurosport?

I probably watch more of our youth and reserve than most or anybody.

It's very healthy and I'm proud of it but it could be and will be improved, but that's not the point I took issue with. It's everything else in your post.

It's this notion again, a shortsighted flawed notion, that suggesting a foreign manager is the wrong thing to do, never mind calling them war criminals and so on. What the **** is that about?

Also MON cocked a lot of things up. He misspent massive amounts of money on shit and average (as well as some excellent) british based players becuase he wet his bed at the notion of looking overseas for players. It's put us back years, not to mention the clearing in the woods walking out and shafting us. Nothing to do with Houllier.

And no, I dont watch Eurosport.

Moyes has no passion for Villa so he can **** off

And all the other names linked do?

Ridiculous post!