• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Ranieri - wouldn't be a bad one actually, guided Chelsea to a 2nd place finish which at the time was their highest ever finish in a number of years, as well as CL qualification.

Then again in the past 6 years I'm pretty sure he has been sacked from 4 clubs for underperforming. He seems like a second rate Gerard Houllier

nope. he got the sack at juve after he worked miracles when the board thought they coudl do better, they have gone to shit after they made the mistake of letting him go. he then took on the poisoned chalice of the roma job (as he's a fan) and the inevitable happened. roma were in a shit state before the recent takeover, way too much player power (they kicked out spalletti) and zero money. a poor director of football (signed adriano) etc. etc.

ranieri built the valencia side that rafa won with, and built the chelsea side that mourinho won with. he's taken clubs from outside the top bracket and built a team that can challenge before.

i think he'd be a good appointment.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no ITKs. About 5 people know, and that includes Lerner and Faulkner. There is no "good source" etc. We have no idea who it is until someone snaps a candidate entering an office.

AVFC's inside information is kept tighter than a gnats knackers.

just had it on good authority that it is mclaren. meetings scheduled for tomorrow with benitez and hughes have been cancelled by Villa.

A Chap of H&V.

Yeah ok, great source lmfao

Just posting it, where did i say it was true? But we'll see soon enough.

I can't even be bothered to take the odds seriously now. At one stage, I'm sure Hughes was at 1/20. No one really has a clue.

If anyone wants to make money, seriously go to the Betfair market. Place a bet on any manager who you think odds will drop down (currently Rafa), lay the sucker for a no lose fee once the odds have dropped, wait until the odds go back up and trade out equal amounts. I've been doing this since Thursday and I'm currently £180 everywhere, apart from Hughes (£220) and Carlo (£85).

You've lost me. Care to elaborate? Ta

There are no ITKs. About 5 people know, and that includes Lerner and Faulkner. There is no "good source" etc. We have no idea who it is until someone snaps a candidate entering an office.

I agree, even if you were lucky enough to bump into Mark Hughes walking out of VP and ask him who will be the next Villa manager he will have just as little idea as us. He doesn't know who is being interviewed or how they interviewed.

When it suits them, yes. In this instance it suits them. Most of the time however the situation is somewhat different

just had it on good authority that it is mclaren. meetings scheduled for tomorrow with benitez and hughes have been cancelled by Villa.

A Chap of H&V.

I think by saying you've had it on good authority means you trust the person and what they've said. Its too late to try and distance yourself from it now :lol:

A Chap of H&V.

Hughes? who is not allowed to speak with any club until july 1st hughes?

or was that a different hughes than mark 'average' hughes?

i would guess that the person on H&V is on the wind up

Ranieri - wouldn't be a bad one actually, guided Chelsea to a 2nd place finish which at the time was their highest ever finish in a number of years, as well as CL qualification.

Then again in the past 6 years I'm pretty sure he has been sacked from 4 clubs for underperforming. He seems like a second rate Gerard Houllier

nope. he got the sack at juve after he worked miracles when the board thought they coudl do better, they have gone to shit after they made the mistake of letting him go. he then took on the poisoned chalice of the roma job (as he's a fan) and the inevitable happened. roma were in a shit state before the recent takeover, way too much player power (they kicked out spalletti) and zero money. a poor director of football (signed adriano) etc. etc.

ranieri built the valencia side that rafa won with, and built the chelsea side that mourinho won with. he's taken clubs from outside the top bracket and built a team that can challenge before.

i think he'd be a good appointment.

Hard to judge people who have managed in Italy especially with the big clubs like Juve and Roma. The owners of these clubs are corrupt and mercinary.

Bryan Robson has just resigned as coach of Thailand and would not give any details.

Coincidence? Yes, I think so.

More to do with Cancer / Being Shit / FA's of Thailand & England being at loggerheads than us I reckon :nod:

A Chap of H&V.

I think by saying you've had it on good authority means you trust the person and what they've said. Its too late to try and distance yourself from it now :lol:

Sorry pal, should have quoted it but their his words mate not mine!

When it suits them, yes. In this instance it suits them. Most of the time however the situation is somewhat different

Yeah - I mean at the moment. Apart from fake press leaks or if leaked information helps. But in this case, no.