• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brummiebloke, if appointing a manager who has already won things meant that we would automatically win things it would be easy. We couldn't lose could we? Trouble is past success doesn't mean future success.

I'm sick to the back teeth of the same old people getting the same old jobs. Nowadays, the managers who we refer to as "the greats of the past" would never get a gig.

If we appoint somebody who has learnt their trade at a lower level/ the same level as we are now, they will have a point to prove. They will be ambitious. There is also a chance that they will treat this club with respect (and eventually come to love it) and not treat it as a little post-Liverpool, retirement fund top up, like the Monsieur did.

no one is saying appointing a proven successful top level manager will automatically win you things. what it will do is give you the maximum chance of improving the club.

if it didnt why would some managers get paid more than other ones?

just the same as buying a player. why do some players such as darren bent cost £18 million pounds while other forwards cost a lot less? does it mean darren bent will automatically score 3 goals per game and win the champions league for you?

no , however he cost that much because it is recognised that he is better than other people at the same job.

if we needed goals, would you rather we signed victor anichebe for £3 million, a sort of up and coming youngish forward with premeir league experience who may be with the club for 10 years and may score more than he has shown capable of previously?

or do you spend 18 million on benty in the hope for 4 or 5 years he can improve the team and move us forwards in that time?

same with managers.

we need to improve, getting recognised top quality gives the best chance of success.

PremRumours on twitter are practically saying its gonna be Rafa.

My head's starting to hurt now!

Prem Rumours is full of shit tbh, less credibillity than a Journo

Yeah, looks like it. Looking back on his timeline it says Rafa is flying into England on Friday for face to face talks, but as far as I knew hes actually based in England at the moment.

PremRumours on twitter are practically saying its gonna be Rafa.

My head's starting to hurt now!

Prem Rumours is full of shit tbh, less credibillity than a Journo

Yeah, looks like it. Looking back on his timeline it says Rafa is flying into England on Friday for face to face talks, but as far as I knew hes actually based in England at the moment.

His 'source' earlier said McLaren was manager and now it's rafa - can hardly see it being a joint effort.

So basically we should steer clear of one of the best managers in the world because he might do "a Ramos"? Is that right?

What's to stop a british based manager coming in and being similarly shit in the league (Ramos won the League Cup, remember)?

I am convinced that the shock is ‘Ranieri’ and I would be pleased with that. Fits the criteria in that he has Premier League experience, is out of a job and has been reasonably successful without actually winning much.

Just been to Ladbrookes and William Hills both of whom didn’t have him on their markets but when a call was made from both bookies I was only offerred 16-1 and 25-1 respectively. I took 50-1 on Paddypower and hope that my hunch is right! Thoughts on Ranieri?

My family are aquainted with Ranieri, I think (hope) someone would have told me if it was imminent.

davvero? che centra catanzaro con ranieri? lui e romano, no? c'hai famiglia a roma?

It's a strange set of coincidence... My cousin became freinds with him when he first moved to London, and it turned out he visits the same spiaggia as we do in Calabria, not sure why, maybe his wife is Calabrese, I'll ask my cousin. He's kind enough to talk football with the locals while he tries to get some relaxation. My dad asks him to come to Villa every year.

So basically we should steer clear of one of the best managers in the world because he might do "a Ramos"? Is that right?

What's to stop a british based manager coming in and being similarly shit in the league (Ramos won the League Cup, remember)?

OK lets just leave it there shall we

Why is PF in London? Who could he be interviewing?

Ray Wilkins? :lol:

As assistant?

If IF we get CA I would call that word removed on TalkSport as soon as the news breaks!

Just logged in after a 24 hour break.. and theres been no developments?

Ive read the last 5 pages.. something about Ranieri? Whats the latest on twitter.. anyone catch me upto speed?

Does anyone want it to be a particular person solely because they have money on him?

Personally I've got 30 quid on Mark Hughes and I want it to be him. Not because I'd love to see him manage the Villa but more because I'm not blown away by anyone that is being talked about so might as well earn some cash

How come you didn't use Betfair? It's the easiest money to make on there. Odds kept going up and down up and down with Hughes. I'm already quids in no matter who the manager is.

Never understood Betfair :oops: