• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is PF in London? Who could he be interviewing?

Avram lives in London!

I would assume its somebody thats flying into the country.

So, basicly its a case of summising which flights go into London that dont go into Birmingham?

Italy?

If anybody can tie that in with managers managing abroad with prem experience, we might have a clue to whom it is :winkold:

Ancelotti, said he was flying back the other day?

How do we know PF in London? What did MYSTERYMAN say? And what is all this talk about a 'shock' appointment?

Could somebody please answer these questions, there's too many pages to read through!

Ranieri would be Houllier MkII - will see it as possibly one last crack at the Premier League with little riding on ultimate success or failure. The footballing principles would be right but he'd struggle to get the message across and defensively we'd still be all over the place. People would symptahise because he's a good guy and opposition teams would love us because all too often we'd be a soft touch.

We need someone much hungrier and who will see the club as more than their last big payday.

How do we know PF in London? What did MYSTERYMAN say? And what is all this talk about a 'shock' appointment?

Could somebody please answer these questions, there's too many pages to read through!

This

So basically we should steer clear of one of the best managers in the world because he might do "a Ramos"? Is that right?

What's to stop a british based manager coming in and being similarly shit in the league (Ramos won the League Cup, remember)?

OK lets just leave it there shall we

Why? I was asking a fair enough question I thought. I'm trying to understand your side of things because it isnt making much sense to me.

But, yeah fine. Leave it there.

Avram lives in London!

So, basicly its a case of summising which flights go into London that dont go into Birmingham?

Italy?

If anybody can tie that in with managers managing abroad with prem experience, we might have a clue to whom it is :winkold:

Yeah and Avram still lives in London :lol: !

Brummybloke, on players I take your point but think about this. David Platt cost £200k, Dwight Yorke £10k and Gareth Barry what - nothing? Darren Bent was £18m but Torres cost £50m. The market does not know everything and preconceived wisdom is not always right. Our Chief Executive is paid a lot of money and I expect more imagination and shrewdness from him than what we're getting (if the rumours of Rafa, Bungle, etc are true). We CANNOT compete for the cream of world managerial talent right now and I say better to take a chance on an up and coming manager than a Champions League club's cast-off. At the risk of sounding like a parrot - Moyes, Coyle, Lambert or Martinez!

Avram lives in London!

Italy?

Yeah and Avram still lives in London :lol: !

Yes, and Hughes.

But, they are in this country, and if you would expect them to come to an interview in Birmingham or nearby.

But if your candidate has to fly into Britain, and London is the nearest point??

This

Allow me to summarise the content of the last 50 odd pages, and the previous 300 or so pages of 'The next villa manager part 2'...

*Ahem*

Nobody has a **** clue!

There are all sorts of rumours about Paul Faulkner going to London, though I've read nothing to support that outside this messageboard, and even if it were true he could just be going to visit his grandma!

Basically people speculate on this forum (often without any factual basis), a conversation gets started about X manager and all of a sudden it's a serious link, when in fact the link only really exists in the minds of those that have created the rumours on this board!

Nobody knows anything. At all. And with that in mind I'm going to get back to revising for my potentially life-altering exams.

But before I go, a summary of the current list of candidates...

Realistic: Hughes, Moyes, Coyle, McClaren, Benitez (at a stretch)

Unrealistic: Rijkaard, Ancelotti, Van Gaal

Probably completely made up by people on VT: Ranieri, Scolari