• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa_Insider (remember him/her) has just popped up on twitter...

David Moyes. Claudio Ranieri. Not necessarily in that order

i thought he wasnt working at VP anymore?

If we appoint Claudio Ranieri then I will give up all hope of my glorious Blues ever beating Villa again.

Fixed. :wink:

Moyes is the perfect fit for Villa if we can convince him to move here. He has achieved top 4 with Everton and has an eye for a player. Admittedly he does sign some donkey's but as we have seen the likes of Harewood, Knight, Sidwell, Salifou and Heskey grace our club under the previous successful regime I wouldn't be too concerned.

Everton are selling off Baines as they can't sell Rodwell to Man Utd due to declining interest. Baines was Everton's main supply for goals last season and the majority of good things went through him. I'm not so sure Moyes would be too chuffed about having to sell him so maybe we are making a move.

If we appoint Claudio Ranieri then I will give up all hope of my glorious Blues ever beating Villa again.

:|

Eames, I recognise your name from 606.

You can confirm that I support Villa since I also used to post on 606.

My username on 606 was KingLaursen.

Owen Coyle's achievements in 8 years of football management

Honours

Burnley

* 2008–09: The Championship Playoff Winner (promotion to the Premier League) – Burnley

* The Championship Manager of the Month - September 2008

Bolton Wanderers

* Premier League Manager of the Month - November 2010

WOW

I think that says it all really NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering hes only been in management since 2008 id say thats a decent record.

I mean, if were looking for a sucessful continental then why not take Juande Ramos?? I mean, he took Seville from bottom half of La Liga and made them into champs league regulars and title challengers. Also won silverware with them. i think we should give him the chance to manage in the PL.

Oh wait...

He has been in management since 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falkirk and St Johnstone

Sorry, i hadnt been on Wikipedia to check 8)

So hes a shit manager because he didnt win the SPL with either Falkirk or St Johnstone?

Alrighty then!

LOL

I never said he was shit. I dont want him because I think we should be aiming higher. Randy had a 5 year plan, MON cocked it up so time for a new 3-5 year plan with a top coach who can restructure the club from Youth level to 1st Team.

I dont think he fits the bill, we have a massive chance for change right now but a Coyle appointment is a bit like John Gregaory all over again, will be good for a couple of seasons then go South as it always does.

Why cant we do something big bold and exciting.

I belive we are a big club capable of big things

Well said KHV!

:|

Eames, I recognise your name from 606.

You can confirm that I support Villa since I also used to post on 606.

My username on 606 was KingLaursen.

Hello mate.

I remember you, you had some quality WUM articles on there, a true expert at pissing off muppets from other clubs.

:D Sorry.... couldn't resist!!

Owen Coyle's achievements in 8 years of football management

Honours

Burnley

* 2008–09: The Championship Playoff Winner (promotion to the Premier League) – Burnley

* The Championship Manager of the Month - September 2008

Bolton Wanderers

* Premier League Manager of the Month - November 2010

WOW

I think that says it all really NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering hes only been in management since 2008 id say thats a decent record.

I mean, if were looking for a sucessful continental then why not take Juande Ramos?? I mean, he took Seville from bottom half of La Liga and made them into champs league regulars and title challengers. Also won silverware with them. i think we should give him the chance to manage in the PL.

Oh wait...

He has been in management since 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falkirk and St Johnstone

Sorry, i hadnt been on Wikipedia to check 8)

So hes a shit manager because he didnt win the SPL with either Falkirk or St Johnstone?

Alrighty then!

LOL

I never said he was shit. I dont want him because I think we should be aiming higher. Randy had a 5 year plan, MON cocked it up so time for a new 3-5 year plan with a top coach who can restructure the club from Youth level to 1st Team.

I dont think he fits the bill, we have a massive chance for change right now but a Coyle appointment is a bit like John Gregaory all over again, will be good for a couple of seasons then go South as it always does.

Why cant we do something big bold and exciting.

I belive we are a big club capable of big things

Thats fair enough.

But youve dodged a big part of the point i was trying to make.

What if Van Gaal came in and 'did a Ramos'??

What then? Sack him and move onto the next 'top manager' until we get it right??

You need to look at the bigger picture rather than just seeing Van Gaals name and having an accident in your pants :lol:

i think a lot of us villa fans are hoping for a reincarnation of sir bobby, ron saunders, bill shankly and jock stein! it just isnt going to happen! unless the general has been working on some secret military regeneration activities! i will be happy with moyes or hughes!

Does anyone want it to be a particular person solely because they have money on him?

Personally I've got 30 quid on Mark Hughes and I want it to be him. Not because I'd love to see him manage the Villa but more because I'm not blown away by anyone that is being talked about so might as well earn some cash

i think a lot of us villa fans are hoping for a reincarnation of sir bobby, ron saunders, bill shankly and jock stein! it just isnt going to happen! unless the general has been working on some secret military regeneration activities! i will be happy with moyes or hughes!

good shout but we can all dream a little

Does anyone want it to be a particular person solely because they have money on him?

Personally I've got 30 quid on Mark Hughes and I want it to be him. Not because I'd love to see him manage the Villa but more because I'm not blown away by anyone that is being talked about so might as well earn some cash

How come you didn't use Betfair? It's the easiest money to make on there. Odds kept going up and down up and down with Hughes. I'm already quids in no matter who the manager is.