• Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen Coyle's achievements in 8 years of football management

Honours

Burnley

* 2008–09: The Championship Playoff Winner (promotion to the Premier League) – Burnley

* The Championship Manager of the Month - September 2008

Bolton Wanderers

* Premier League Manager of the Month - November 2010

WOW

I think that says it all really NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering hes only been in management since 2008 id say thats a decent record.

I mean, if were looking for a sucessful continental then why not take Juande Ramos?? I mean, he took Seville from bottom half of La Liga and made them into champs league regulars and title challengers. Also won silverware with them. i think we should give him the chance to manage in the PL.

Oh wait...

He has been in management since 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falkirk and St Johnstone

Sorry, i hadnt been on Wikipedia to check 8)

So hes a shit manager because he didnt win the SPL with either Falkirk or St Johnstone?

Alrighty then!

LOL

I never said he was shit. I dont want him because I think we should be aiming higher. Randy had a 5 year plan, MON cocked it up so time for a new 3-5 year plan with a top coach who can restructure the club from Youth level to 1st Team.

I dont think he fits the bill, we have a massive chance for change right now but a Coyle appointment is a bit like John Gregaory all over again, will be good for a couple of seasons then go South as it always does.

Why cant we do something big bold and exciting.

I belive we are a big club capable of big things

Thats fair enough.

But youve dodged a big part of the point i was trying to make.

What if Van Gaal came in and 'did a Ramos'??

What then? Sack him and move onto the next 'top manager' until we get it right??

You need to look at the bigger picture rather than just seeing Van Gaals name and having an accident in your pants :lol:

I dont see Moyes, Coyle or Hughes talking the club any further. Infact I would rather have had Houllier carry on for another 2 years as I believe in time he would have got things right with the way he was trying to change the club.

Middle of the road British managers are not my idea of taking this club to the next level which is what I belive Randy Lerners long term goal has been all along.

There is always a risk with any new manager but if you want to compete with the best then you must get the best IMO

Lerner did the same thing in paying for Bent, we needed a quality striker and he went big with £24m and it paid off.

Why not do the same with a manger, and I dont think van Gaal would be a failure because it's not something he does

Why is PF in London? Who could he be interviewing?

Avram lives in London!

I would assume its somebody thats flying into the country.

So, basicly its a case of summising which flights go into London that dont go into Birmingham?

Italy?

If anybody can tie that in with managers managing abroad with prem experience, we might have a clue to whom it is :winkold:

Ancelotti, said he was flying back the other day?

Yeah and Avram still lives in London :lol: !

Yes, and Hughes.

But, they are in this country, and if you would expect them to come to an interview in Birmingham or nearby.

But if your candidate has to fly into Britain, and London is the nearest point??

Take what I said with a pinch of salt, was merely messing about. Not in a trillion years would Yoda be in charge at VP.

But yeah, if Faulkner is in London, then theres a good chance it could be a manager thats just got off the plane.

According to a source, interviews are being conducted by webcam so flights could be irrelevant.

Your joking?????

How can you form an opinion about somebody via webcam???

If true, then im shocked.

Not as shocking as you believing it in the first place ;)

Brummybloke, on players I take your point but think about this. David Platt cost £200k, Dwight Yorke £10k and Gareth Barry what - nothing? Darren Bent was £18m but Torres cost £50m. The market does not know everything and preconceived wisdom is not always right. Our Chief Executive is paid a lot of money and I expect more imagination and shrewdness from him than what we're getting (if the rumours of Rafa, Bungle, etc are true). We CANNOT compete for the cream of world managerial talent right now and I say better to take a chance on an up and coming manager than a Champions League club's cast-off. At the risk of sounding like a parrot - Moyes, Coyle, Lambert or Martinez!

As one of the top 20 or so clubs in europe, why do you think we couldnt get one of the current top unemployed managers?

how many times will this sort of opportunity for both our club and a top manager, come along? the chance for us to get one of the top managers?

the chance for a top manager to come into a club in need of new life with the funds available, with the backing of the owner who keeps out of affairs, with top facilities, with the backing of a 38k plus attendance each home game? with some top footballers at the club in their prime? wioth top youngsters coming through the youth set up?

there is far more things right with our club than wrong with it.

people need to stop having such low expectations about our club.

in regards to your comments on players, you are naming players from 15 to 20 years ago? football has moved on from dwight yorke and david platt.

scouting has changed, youth team set ups have changed and so on.

why have so little players from the 2nd division made it in the premier league? it is because them turning great is rare as rockinghorse shit. it happens once in a blue moon, which is why a team wont sign 1 player from the bottom league and hope and prey they do great. they make several signings, including buying the BEST they can get. if they can only afford championship players, such as blackpool did, then great but look what happens.

same with managers. we are only getting one.

why pin your hopes on a hughes or coyle who have not proved anything.

in footballing terms they are the equivalent of picking a 2nd division player and hopng they become the star player. the chances of that happening are not good. or buying a top player where the chances of it happening are far greater.

So basically we should steer clear of one of the best managers in the world because he might do "a Ramos"? Is that right?

What's to stop a british based manager coming in and being similarly shit in the league (Ramos won the League Cup, remember)?

OK lets just leave it there shall we

Why? I was asking a fair enough question I thought. I'm trying to understand your side of things because it isnt making much sense to me.

But, yeah fine. Leave it there.

Im astonished that some people would have any doubts about van Gaal :?

According to a source, interviews are being conducted by webcam so flights could be irrelevant.
Why is Ash being interviewed for the managers position? :?

Because he wants to write the feem toon...sing the feem toon. :winkold:

I've just looked up Ranieri and he has a poor record IMO.

Resigned from Atletico Madrid before he could get sacked, sacked by Chelsea, sacked by Valencia, Parma let his contract run out, sacked by Juve and resigned from Roma before he could get sacked.

Shocking record by the looks of it.

Your joking?????

Its bollocks, it came from the guy who made up about 40 to 50 rumours about Villa in 10mins.

Your joking?????

If you think about it it makes total sense.

No meetings in hotels - just you and a PC - very very discreet which is Randy's style.