• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I'm sorry I couldn't give a **** how the board look with the press. A few supporter forums didn't complain about McClaren, I rang the ticket Office and many fans asked whether a refund was possible if Wally was appointed. As long as Randy does right for our club we shouldn't give a **** about the press. Have you noticed this is the only story they have lately, why are Talksport not talking about a professional footballer who has acted like Tiger Woods on speed!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gave it a quick read, and isn't far off the mark, Doug would never have got suckered in to what Whelan did, slag him all you like but he knew what the football business was about, and at the minuter our board don't look like they do, i hope i'm proved wrong

If you give these hacks even the slightest benefit of the doubt you really need to revise your world view.

Granted it' quite scathing on the board, but the crux of the articles as i said isn't far off the mark, the board have been shown up by Whelan, someone who is old school and knows all the trick and how to perform them exactly like Doug was, and they do appear to be dithering

They simply have nothing to write about so are coming out with this stuff. If Lerner was more like Whelan or Redknapp - giving them good quote to write about our managerial and player targets then Villa would be loved by the media and there wouldn't be any rubbish like this.

I guess it's over to Randy to silence them.....

Hughes is as midtable as they come with an average finish of 10th then?

sums it up[ perfectly and factually.

6th,7th and 10th with his 3 full seasons with Blackburn 8th with his one at Fulham. Martin O'Neill hasn't achieved any more.

let us not pretend eh?

1st season 15th

officially joining on 15th september 2004, less than 1 months into the season and because it shows he didnt do so well you forget about it?

come on now

and not that i like the man but MON? who got in his last 3 seasons 6th 6th 6th and you claim it is not as good as the 3 seasons you choose to remember of 6th 7th and 10th?

really?

REALLY?

if you want to claim his is good then please at least put something correct down

he is an average manager with an average of 10th

10th with man city

15 + 6 + 7 + 10 / 4 = 9.5 ( of which there is no such position so it is more than 9th which equals 10th)

8th with fulham

so lets do the maths

10 + 10 + 8 = 28 /3 = 9.33

and as we all know, higher than 9 must be 10

so there we go, 10th in the league as an average

it doesnt make him the worst, but it certainly doesnt make him the best it makes him average

if we are content to be average then fine. i think more of our club and think it is anything but average and as such i feel it deserves a manager befitting of our top club, not an average manager.

an average manager who has 11 years managerial experience, only 4 less than ancelotti.

oh dear

They simply have nothing to write about so are coming out with this stuff. If Lerner was more like Whelan or Redknapp - giving them good quote to write about our managerial and player targets then Villa would be loved by the media and there wouldn't be any rubbish like this.

would you not agree that the whole Martinez saga was an embarrassment, so it's ok saying our board do it all behind closed door and in the meantime the public image of our club is damaged, unless he pulls an ace form his sleeve in the next few weeks, some serious questions need to be asked and god forbid answered by the board

would you not agree that the whole Martinez saga was an embarrassment, so it's ok saying our board do it all behind closed doors and in the meantime the public image of our club is damaged, unless he pulls an ace form his sleeve in the next few weeks, some serious questions need to be asked and god forbid answered by the board

Before Villa go down the line of talking to Simon Grayson or Gus Poyet, not that I think this is true, I would expect Villa to run the rule over Steve Bruce, Tony Pulis, Dave Jones, Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle, Mick Mack and Mark Hughes. The other link that Grayson has with Villa, as well as playing for us is that Gary Mack coached under Grayson at Leeds didn't he? If we are going to take a risk on Poyet or Grayson, we might just as well take a risk on the likes of Rijkard.

Before Villa go down the line of talking to Simon Grayson or Gus Poyet, not that I think this is true, I would expect Villa to run the rule over Steve Bruce, Tony Pulis, Dave Jones, Ian Holloway, Owen Coyle, Mick Mack and Mark Hughes. The other link that Grayson has with Villa, as well as playing for us is that Gary Mack coached under Grayson at Leeds didn't he? If we are going to take a risk on Poyet or Grayson, we might just as well take a risk on the likes of Rijkard.

GMac was a manager a leeds previous to Grayson.

Ancelotti aint happening. get over it.

i have unfortunately, we should have been all over him like flies round shit when GH had his health problems and ancelotti was sacked.

but while there are still top quality managers floating around i refuse to stoop to the low levels of mark hughes

the lowest standard we should be setting ourselves is moyes, a decent manager who has shown he can produce results on a yearly basis and keep a club the same level historically as us, in the top 7.

he would have the added bonus of having a financially supportive owner who may be able to match moyes ambitions which are publically stated as being higher than 7th.

moyes in my view would be the worst i would be happy with.

so all this talk of unproven or average managers who havent proved anything from fans is quite eye opening. it seems expecations for our club have hit an all time low ?

we have lots of positives which should have top managers at least having a double take over and with the persuasive tones coming from randy, i would hope he could win over someone of a decent calibre who will promoted the club in a positive light and bring back the success we all need.

its an ideal chance to get a top manager, so why settle for meh?

What is really amazing is that these jurno leaping to the defence of 'poor mistreated Stevie Mclaren' are the same ones who originally lambasted him as 'The Wally with the brolly' at the end of the day they have no style no substance and no CLASS ignore them they are mearly prostituting their meager talent for writing to sell a story at any cost.

Ancelotti aint happening. get over it.

i have unfortunately, we should have been all over him like flies round shit when GH had his health problems and ancelotti was sacked.

but while there are still top quality managers floating around i refuse to stoop to the low levels of mark hughes

the lowest standard we should be setting ourselves is moyes, a decent manager who has shown he can produce results on a yearly basis and keep a club the same level historically as us, in the top 7.

he would have the added bonus of having a financially supportive owner who may be able to match moyes ambitions which are publically stated as being higher than 7th.

moyes in my view would be the worst i would be happy with.

so all this talk of unproven or average managers who havent proved anything from fans is quite eye opening. it seems expecations for our club have hit an all time low ?

we have lots of positives which should have top managers at least having a double take over and with the persuasive tones coming from randy, i would hope he could win over someone of a decent calibre who will promoted the club in a positive light and bring back the success we all need.

its an ideal chance to get a top manager, so why settle for meh?

The point is a young manager is not necessarily a bad appointment and shouldnt be seen a meh!

GMac was a manager a leeds previous to Grayson.

Quite right mate. Silly me!! :oops: