• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Frank Rijkaard

Enjoyed success at Barca, though to be fair you'd have to be pretty poor not to! Then went to Turkey, didn't do well and got canned.

+ Wenger proves an unknown managerial quantity can come in and become a legend.

Sign him up please!!!!!! Think of the players we would attract! :cheers:

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is understood that Fulham’s appointment of Martin Jol yesterday will have no bearing on Villa’s stance towards Mark Hughes, who is still regarded as a highly unlikely outsider by the claret and blue hierarchy

This is worrying that they fancy Wally more than Sparky

Worrying that they fancy the the guy who has acheived more in the game?

The fact you refer to him as wally tells me the england thing is clouding your judgement.

Well difficult to take anything serious someone puts on here if they have that as an Avatar!

However, I rate Hughes more as a motivator, tactically and having respect for our club. I do not rate Wally in any of these, and the one thing he lacks above all else is CREDIBILITY!. Plus the England thing is rather a big cloud over anyones judgement surely?

Simple fact of the matter is that the bookies don't have a bloody clue either.....

Hughes and McClaren are 2-3/1

Martinez and Coyle anywhere between 4s and 7s

Rafa 5-8s

Moyes 8/14s.

The market is open wider than Karen Brady's legs in the West Ham dressing room.

Coyle? :)

I'd be happy enough, maybe not ecstatic but happy enough for sure.... Worked minor miracles in getting Burnley up, & competetively up at that. Then again in getting Bolton to an FA cup final & also challenging for a top 4 place for a while or 3 quarters of the season (doesn't that sound scarily familiar? reaching a final & challenging for top 4 for 3 quarters of a season?).

Also he could possibly do even better at a bigger club such as ours so it would be an exciting appointment with risk for me.

...Big fat Owens claret and blue army!

Has he put a bit of weight on recently?

Yeah he put on 4 pounds last week! Head of home economics told me.

Cannot get confirmation on this. The Head of Media Studies is "unavailable for comment"

:)

If Randy Lener looked at all of the potential candidates for the role and decided that by guiding Burnley to a promotion and enjoying two-thirds of a good season in the Premier League with Bolton was enough to suggest Owen Coyle was the best possible option for the job I would be seriously concerned.

Coyle is a likeable guy and has done well enough so far in his managerial career - but he has little experience yet dealing with the egos of bigger name players, delivering results in the face of far greater expectation than what he has been required to at Burnley or Bolton and when the pressure really was on to perform on the comparatively bigger stage of an FA Cup semi-final, he and his team folded embarrassingly. They weren't just out-fought by Stoke that day, they were out-thought and out-manoeuvered.

Some seem to think he may go on to become a very good manager, but personally I can't see him progressing a great deal further beyond his current level and he will likely enjoy a very comfortable career as a solid, midtable Premier League manager or he will take over the Celtic job and walk the SPL. I would be absolutely staggered if Mr. Lerner selected Coyle and any prospect of establishing ourselves back among the chasing pack for a Champions League place would be significantly reduced.

owen coyle has dropped to 5/2 on skybet. The PE teacher thing might be BS but someone has definatley been putting money on him.

edit: on a side note though Holloway is 100/1 to be next chelsea manager, shows you that odds mean bugger all haha

Ancelotti, Rijkaard, Van Gaal, Benitez....

None of them are right for this club.

IMO.

How on Earth could you say Louis van Gaal would not be right for the club??

Do you have a valid reason because I think he is by far and away the best candidate

Coyle is a likeable guy and has done well enough so far in his managerial career - but he has little experience yet dealing with the egos of bigger name players,

I wouldnt worry about that, he doesnt suffer fools.

Who do I want? Martin O'Neill.

I know some fans will be against it, but something pretty major obviously happened between him and Lerner which led to him walking out.

I think if he came back and had a good start to the season, all the fans would soon forgive him.

However, I don't think we will get him, I can't see it being McClaren or Benitez either.

I think Ancelotti is worth a bet, could have easily been misquoted the other day when he said he was taking time out of football.

If I had to put all my money on someone, I think it would be Ancelotti at the moment.

Nope would never forgive MON for walking out 5 days before the season. He thinks he is bigger that the club.

Don't be silly mate, you know you would forgive him. What if he got us Champions League and won a trophy? lol.

He is without a doubt the best manager who is available at the moment in my eyes.

I want the best for my club.

So I want Martin O'Neill.

If you wan the best for your club, then MON is not it, do you not understand the reasons why Villa were crap this season, would you want him to come back and finish off this club and turn it into another Leeds/ Pompey. he **** it all up to giant proportions and when he was told to sort his shit out he did a runner, if thats the kind of person you would like in charge of this club then you are a silly billy.

owen coyle has dropped to 5/2 on skybet. The PE teacher thing might be BS but someone has definatley been putting money on him.

If thats the height of our ambition then we are shagged

Probably cos half the school have put their tuck shop money on him

:lol:

If it were Owen Coyle.. and I'm not opposed to that idea.. wouldn't he have had to ask boltons permission to speak to us, or wouldn't we have had to ask bolton for permission to speak to him. Same for Moyes.

I was figuring that the 2 supposed interviewees were unemployed simply because there has been nothing in the papers about looking for permission to speak to managers.

If it is a case that we have been talkin to these 2 then credit must go to everyone at the club for keeping it so quiet as normally these things are all over the papers. Usually leaked from the club who might be losing a manager.

Ancelotti, Rijkaard, Van Gaal, Benitez....

None of them are right for this club.

IMO.

How on Earth could you say Louis van Gaal would not be right for the club??

Do you have a valid reason because I think he is by far and away the best candidate

Correct.

Probably cos half the school have put their tuck shop money on him

:lol:

People are pawning their dunlop green flash to lay the money on Coyle.