• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phil. is your surname Thompson?

Benitez has the most punchable face in world football and he is a scouse lover. Apart from Trevor Francis I can't think of a worse appointment. This is Aston Villa not Villapool! Will you be singing "You'll never walk alone" when he takes us up to Anfield and unveiling sentimental banners? As for MON, I'd take him back like a shot. Was gutted when he left.

Haha that did make me laugh to be fair! I'm not saying Oneill wasnt a good manager because obviously he was but he wasnt a legend. He didnt win us anything and he didnt get us in the CL. Plus the way he left us was unforgiveable and just shows how selfish he was to leave us in the shit all because he was told we had to cut the wage bill after Randy had given him big money through his reign as manager

Most likely bullplop but Morley is reporting on Twitter that we are close to appointing Hughes.

I have a feeling though it will happen today regardless the appointment of a new manager

It could well be, but thats not saying he knows anything. He said we would appoint him by last friday, then changed to ancelotti, then moyes, then deleted all his tweets and went back to hughes.

He's keeping a close eye on the odds and 'reports' things hours after theyve already been in the paper SSN etc. Hes a faker, and not a good one.

Most likely bullplop but Morley is reporting on Twitter that we are close to appointing Hughes.

I have a feeling though it will happen today regardless the appointment of a new manager

Yeah he he throws enough shit some of its got to stick. He just hasn't gfot a clue like the rest of us.

I want Martinez.

The general feeling on here now is that Moyes is the best option. I think he is the sensible choice as in you know what you are gonna get with him...fairly unspectacular football but solid all round and well organised. I can see why alot of fans would want him.

But lets not frorget that Moyes went to Everton from Preston. Everybody starts somewhere.

Id like somebody to come here and stamp their mark on the club, try to build someting from scratch in their own vision. Much like Moyes has done at Everton. Moyes is almost Mr Everton now isnt he?? We need our own Mr Aston Villa. I dont think the likes of Ancelotti, Benitez, or any other of those Hollywood managers would be willing or able to do that to be honest.

I think Martinez could be just the man. Owen Coyle would do a good job here aswell.

Hearing that the board again are looking for someone with Premiership experience one name that seems to have slipped under radar seems to be Claudio Ranieri. Out of work since Feb if im not mistaken and IMO didnt do that much wrong in England and set it up for Mourinho at Chelsea. I would be more than happy with him at least we wouldnt be able to guess the team week in week out

Hearing that the board again are looking for someone with Premiership experience one name that seems to have slipped under radar seems to be Claudio Ranieri. Out of work since Feb if im not mistaken and IMO didnt do that much wrong in England and set it up for Mourinho at Chelsea. I would be more than happy with him at least we wouldnt be able to guess the team week in week out

To be honest, I think that was the cause of a lot of our problems in the early part of last season.

It could well be, but thats not saying he knows anything. He said we would appoint him by last friday, then changed to ancelotti, then moyes, then deleted all his tweets and went back to hughes.

He's keeping a close eye on the odds and 'reports' things hours after theyve already been in the paper SSN etc. Hes a faker, and not a good one.

Simon Morley on twitter? Carl Roney, myself and a few others put him under pressure and found him out, he then deleted all the posts he was wrong and started again and that is how he works. We were 24 hours away from signing Bothroyd about 10 days ago, 48 hours from Hughes about 6 days ago, close to getting Carlo 5 days ago and so on.

Ranieri would be an excellent shout - I'd be chuffed to bits.

One of the warmest funniest managers in recent years - and in an endearing way - not like that toal utter clearing in the woods Holloway.

If Hughes is a highly unlikely outsider according to Matt today in the mail article that basically rules schteve out, who does that leave us with? Benitez.

I cannot bring myself to ever warm to him. I physically despise the man and it'll be crushing if we appoint him. This for me would be the worst point in my entire life as a villa supporter. I can't think of a single person

in the history of the sport I detest more then Rafa **** Benitez.

Not keen then? :)

The worst point in your entire life as a Villa fan? Talk about getting your knickers in a twist. What about Saunders leaving, relegation to third tier, losing to Doncaster with David O'DearMe or Graham Taylor almost relegating us? I'd hardly put appointing FSW ahead of any of this.

How old do you think I am.

Based on this morning's posts.....12?

Rijkaard would be my choice, followed by Benetez who has won a lot and wasn't given a fair chance at Inter....tough act to follow, trouble is benetez seems to want money to buy BIG players....

How is that a bad thing? If Benitez gets the job it will be on the proviso that he is given funds to by BIG players, which will only benefit us.

I don't think Randy will make promises and then back out of them once he's got his man.

Thats the point I'd welcome Benitez but he'll want Money. If history can be repeated Benitez won the CL with Houlliers team... but do we have the money? Selling Ashley will bring in some and we have albrighton and Delph who are quality replacements for him