• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Benitez. I don't like the way his sides play football. I don't think he'd necessarily be a good fit for our club even if his star hadn't faded recently. But then if it hadn't he'd still be looking at Champion's League level positions rather than us. I'd much rather have McClaren, and I don't really want him either.

This season we need a manager who unites fans, not divides them. Houllier was a good manager but make some massive PR gaffes. The worst thing the club can do now is appoint someone who already has to win over the majority of fans before he's even started. So it should be a definite no to McLaren. Benitez I'm not so sure about because he is a very good manager and I think the pressure of the Liverpool job, then the wank yank tank owners, then the Inter job was all too much for him. I'd imagine we'd see the old Benitez if he took over at VP this summer.

However, for me it has to be Moyes. But that's highly unlikely and as such I would take any of Coyle, Poyet or Benitez.

I did want Hughes but given his willingness to jump ship for a better job I'm not so sure but will give him a chance if he gets the job.

Just not Steve **** McLaren - not because of his ability but because he is a laughing stock with little charisma and that would not benefit our club.

phil. is your surname Thompson?

Benitez has the most punchable face in world football and he is a scouse lover. Apart from Trevor Francis I can't think of a worse appointment. This is Aston Villa not Villapool! Will you be singing "You'll never walk alone" when he takes us up to Anfield and unveiling sentimental banners? As for MON, I'd take him back like a shot. Was gutted when he left.

Football managers represent the clubs that employee them, what image are we trying to create if we appoint Mclaren? We would automatically open ourselves up to ridicule and that's why I wouldn't want Mclaren anywhere near our club, let alone manage it.

PLEASE GOD NOT MCLAREN! :(

I voted for Martinez, I dont really know why... Maybe because I´m willing to give him a chance, he tries to play nice football, is a young manager, one that could be with us for many years and try to build something.

As for the poster slagging off MON, what exactly do you want? Three top 6 finishes, 2 Wembley appearances, Carew, Milner, Young, the emergence of Gabby. MON was a Villa legend, on a par with GT, in that bracket of managers behind Saunders. He deserves respect

Anybody who done what O'neill done to us is not a Villa legend in any sense of the word whatsoever, ridiculous thing to say

Like Ron Saunders, who walked out on the club mid season, in the middle of the European Cup run. Then became manager of Small Heath.

It's ridiculous, in my opinion, all the bile and venom that pours forth toward MON when nobody on here actually knows what was the reason behind him leaving.

Him leaving like he did shouldn't wipe away the good things that he did here anymore than Saunders exit, which was worse than O'Neills, should detract from his achievements.

O'Neills not a 'legend' because although he came close he didn't win any trophys or get the coverted Champions League spot but he was a good manager that doesn't deserve the abuse he gets. Again, in my opinion naturally.

Rijkaard would be my choice, followed by Benetez who has won a lot and wasn't given a fair chance at Inter....tough act to follow, trouble is benetez seems to want money to buy BIG players....

How is that a bad thing? If Benitez gets the job it will be on the proviso that he is given funds to by BIG players, which will only benefit us.

I don't think Randy will make promises and then back out of them once he's got his man.

It better be Moyes or Hughes.

Personally Moyes would be my first choice out of realistic options, obviously you would take the ancelottis and hiddinks of this world but they are never comnig to villa park so moyes first for me.

Hughes having worked with some big egos at man city and seemingly having the passion to win things in football is the obvious second choice in my opinion.

Mclaren is the biggest joke ive heard in ages, i would honestly take curbishley over him.

Most likely bullplop but Morley is reporting on Twitter that we are close to appointing Hughes.

I have a feeling though it will happen today regardless the appointment of a new manager

As for the poster slagging off MON, what exactly do you want? Three top 6 finishes, 2 Wembley appearances, Carew, Milner, Young, the emergence of Gabby. MON was a Villa legend, on a par with GT, in that bracket of managers behind Saunders. He deserves respect!

i don't want to get into an arguement, everyone has different opinions, but just very quickly, the 2 reasons are 1) he left us in the lurch 5 days before a new season. 2) he left us with an £80m wage bill for players who didn't play & are rubbish.

but he did a lot of good stuff as well as you point out.

Anyone know if Lerner is in Brum or London today ?

He might aswell be on Venus, if he thinks Maclaren is the right choice. To actually shortlist him has a possible, tells me we have lost our frigging marbles!!

It wont be Benetez, because he apparently wants simimlar conditions that Martin had, before our Football oracle Faulkner, took them off him. So will any big name manager.....

That leaves us with Hughes, Maclaren, Martinez, and Barry Fry.

Hughes is actually a very ambitious manager, and if the reason he walked from Fulham is true, (i.e. Money), we can rule him out aswell, since i guess he will want control aswell.

Moyes??

Might have a little more cash to play with, but is it a sideways step? I think he will stay at Everton, where his job is safe.

I guess im prepared for the meltdown on here, when our latest mistake is unvieled.

Somebody fcuking cheer me up, pleeeeeese!!!! :lol: