• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Take with a massive fistful of salt but...

PremRumours Premiership Rumours

Villa contact also said their main two manager targets have backed out as confirmed sales of Young and Downing are imminent. #AVFC

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BREAKING NEWS: After brief conversation with Villa contact. He's almost certain that Steve MaClaren will be named new boss. #AVFC

5 minutes ago

Nothing under #avfc or elsewhere on Twatter

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mystery Man

The Bent deal was kept under wraps for a while no one really had much of a sniff what was going on . If you had asked the majority of Villa supporters pre the Bent deal if we would spend 18 to 24 million on a proven striker of this calibre I bet most would say no our ambition is no better than say a Robbie Keane or Dejemba Ba .

Think we may be surprised who we actually get but the one thing for certain is they won't rock the deal by going public on it until it's done !

What about van Gaal with AZ Alkmaar??? He went there won the league and got them in the champions league. I had never bloody heard of them before he went there !

Replace 'van Gaal' with 'McClaren' and 'AZ Alkmaar' with 'FC Twente'.

I had heard of FC Twente

plus look at McClaren with Boro, Wolfsburg and England

now look at van Gaal with Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern and Holland

no real comparison

Boro was steves first managerial job. He won them a trophy and got them to a european final.

Van gaal did well with much better teams,whats your point?

Van gaal is clearly a way better manager but steve is not the mug people try and make him out to be.

are villa THAT poor ?

i think some on here must think so

hughes? coyle? martinez? mcclaren? poyet?

really?

the LOWEST we should be aiming is moyes

are we financially ruined? no, so we dont need to take a gamble on some average won nothing type manager, this rules out hughes, coyle, martinez and poyet

are we in the bottom 6 of the league each year? no, so we dont need to be bothering with the likes of mcclaren

are we an established top 8 premiership club with a progressive owner who will invest in players?

are we a club who have cleared out a lot of the trouble/ old/ dead wood on high wages leaving the slate clean for a new man to come in and bring several of his own choice players?

are we a team with a couple top quality players in it and some very good youngsters brewaking into the firt team such as albrighton and clark?

i just thought i would check

Villa contact also said their main two manager targets have backed out as confirmed sales of Young and Downing are imminent. #AVFC

BREAKING NEWS: After brief conversation with Villa contact. He's almost certain that Steve MaClaren will be named new boss. #AVFC

5 minutes ago

:puke:

5 minutes ago

Must be in the Top 5 of most depressing posts i've ever read on here, even if it is BS, which I hope it is.

Mystery Man

The Bent deal was kept under wraps for a while no one really had much of a sniff what was going on . If you had asked the majority of Villa supporters pre the Bent deal if we would spend 18 to 24 million on a proven striker of this calibre I bet most would say no our ambition is no better than say a Robbie Keane or Dejemba Ba .

Think we may be surprised who we actually get but the one thing for certain is they won't rock the deal by going public on it until it's done !

So basically that says **** all, suggesting he aint got a scooby

5 minutes ago

**** brilliant!

I'm not sure I can read anymore of the rumours.....my ring is twitching like a rabbits nose.

Mentioning the likes of Scholari, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, benitez gets me excited, full of hope, promise and something good to look forward to but I know is doubtful

Mentioning the likes of Hughes, coyle, moyes, martinez creates instant boredom even though its most likely

Mentioning Steve McClown fills me with fear, self loathing and suicidal tendancies....

I just can't take anymore....I am going to shut my eyes til Friday and then I'll either be happy or wanting to remove myself from this planet...I am an aetheist but just in case. If there is a God please please please don't let it be Mclaren

Owen Coyle's achievements in 8 years of football management

Honours

Burnley

* 2008–09: The Championship Playoff Winner (promotion to the Premier League) – Burnley

* The Championship Manager of the Month - September 2008

Bolton Wanderers

* Premier League Manager of the Month - November 2010

WOW

I think that says it all really NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me what Hughes has done? Tell me what Moyes has done?

Crazy post!

Exactly, which is why I dont want Moyes, Hughes or Coyle

van Gaal all the way

But what do you expect with those teams, CL winners?! They are a very limited number of honours and a hell of a lot of teams after them each year, you need to look at achievements in context of the clubs where they happened. For example Moyes achieving 4th with Everton might not mean any medals get handed out but it's still a great achievement.

They can all survive in the premiership, are we all happy with that for Aston Villa or do we want to build and push on to the next level?

I for one dont want to survive in the top half of the premiership which is why I think we need a van Gaal type coach. Been there seen it done it built academy teams good eye for young European talent.

If Lerner wants to move Villa on this is the sort of coach he needs to give a 3-5 year plan to

are villa THAT poor ?

i think some on here must think so

hughes? coyle? martinez? mcclaren? poyet?

really?

the LOWEST we should be aiming is moyes

are we financially ruined? no, so we dont need to take a gamble on some average won nothing type manager, this rules out hughes, coyle, martinez and poyet

are we in the bottom 6 of the league each year? no, so we dont need to be bothering with the likes of mcclaren

are we an established top 8 premiership club with a progressive owner who will invest in players?

are we a club who have cleared out a lot of the trouble/ old/ dead wood on high wages leaving the slate clean for a new man to come in and bring several of his own choice players?

are we a team with a couple top quality players in it and some very good youngsters brewaking into the firt team such as albrighton and clark?

i just thought i would check

Thing is we can`t just click our fingers and get the first choice targets,thats reality.

van Gaal is also renowned as an absolutely enormous prick.

Agreed but that might be what we need! I certinly think he would give a few people a good kick up the arse

Like Houllier tried to do and alienated most of the squad?

5 minutes ago

Nothing under #avfc or elsewhere on Twatter

Copied and pasted directly from twitter. Try searching for PremRumours. Not sure why it's not come up on #avfc. Not like i'm just making stuff up to post :?

5 minutes ago

Well we all knew Young and Downing were leaving so I'm not sure why anybody taking the job would be suprised by that?

If its McClaren then I am going on a killing spree :shock:

Please make sure it begins and ends at the McClaren residence, then we might get someone we want.

If not......repeat.

I am convinced that the shock is ‘Ranieri’ and I would be pleased with that. Fits the criteria in that he has Premier League experience, is out of a job and has been reasonably successful without actually winning much.

Just been to Ladbrookes and William Hills both of whom didn’t have him on their markets but when a call was made from both bookies I was only offerred 16-1 and 25-1 respectively. I took 50-1 on Paddypower and hope that my hunch is right! Thoughts on Ranieri?

My family are aquainted with Ranieri, I think (hope) someone would have told me if it was imminent.

It might be interesting to stop thinking as fans for a moment (we all know what we want), and to try and imagine what Randy wants over the term of his next managers contract. It might point us to his target.

Randy will state the ambition of the club with his next appointment.

Will he want us competing for top 6? he will go all out to appoint moyes, top quality manager

Or will he be happy with us scratching around at the bottom half of the table aiming for midtable every season under MugClaren, KFC Bargain Bucket type appointment

Mystery Man

That's spot on. The Bent deal, which was only a few months ago, showed that the board are prepared to show huge ambition. Not only that but they're good at keeping it under wraps. I think I remember Bent's name being mentioned on here as the possible "marquee signing" but that's all. Personally I think we're in for a pleasant surprise with regards to the manager. Here's hoping for Carlo. :)