• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coyle? no thanks.. I hope this isn't true as I do not rate him as alot of people do on here.. he doesn't inspire me and I frankly find him quite annoying on the touchline (fair enough some of you on here like the shouting etc and see it as inspiring I am totally the opposite) I don't see him building a top 4 or even a top 6 side here, sorry it's how I see it and I would be disappointed if the board waited so long to appoint him when Jol was available who to me is a better manager.. that's my opinion anyway.

I'd go as far as saying I would've liked Houllier to carry on rather than Coyle.

Perhaps i'm being a little harsh, but you've got to question WTF Randy and the board are doing. They've only had about 2 months notice that Gerard was unlikely to continue in the role of manager after his health scare. Then Hughes walks out on Fulham and they've appointed a very decent manager within a week.

How long is this gonna drag on for this summer? Randy should of had the brass balls last year to push O'Neill when it was clear something was very wrong at the club. It was almost negligent of Randy and O'Neill to allow it to continue when MON clearly had it in his mind to quit the club due to him not making any moves/plans for players.

We stood still last summer and lost some vital ground and respect, we cannot afford to have another summer of standing still, we need to be pro-active, look at Liverpool, i'm not saying we should be spluffing £20m on Henderson (laughable deal, well done Sunderland) but players will stand up and take note of there business.

Come on Randy, Sort it out.

owen coyle has dropped to 5/2 on skybet. The PE teacher thing might be BS but someone has definatley been putting money on him.

Probably cos half the school have put their tuck shop money on him

:lol:

People are pawning their dunlop green flash to lay the money on Coyle.

Little Johnny has just put 3 frenchie marbles on it....gotta be true.

As much as I wouldn't want Steve McLaren, there's a lot more merit for considering him at this point in time as a potential candidate than Owen Coyle.

It would be an absolutely massive risk - not because I could see us falling out of the league under Coyle, just that we would be likely consigning ourselves to an upper-midtable ceiling, resulting in losing further ground to our rivals.

Ancelotti, Rijkaard, Van Gaal, Benitez....

None of them are right for this club.

IMO.

How on Earth could you say Louis van Gaal would not be right for the club??

Do you have a valid reason because I think he is by far and away the best candidate

Hes just another one of those Hollywood names that people are seeing and being seduced by. 'Louis Van Gaal?? champs league here we come!'

Just dont think hes right for this club.

Would love to be proved wrong though.

IMO.

Do you have a valid reason because I think he is by far and away the best candidate

Correct.

Ajax

* 3 × Dutch League (Eredivisie): 1993–94, 1994–95, 1995–96

* 3 × Dutch Super Cup (Johan Cruijff Shield): 1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95

* 1 × Dutch Cup (KNVB Cup): 1992–93

* 1 × UEFA Cup: 1991–92

* 1 × UEFA Champions League: 1994–95

* 1 × UEFA Super Cup: 1995

* 1 × Intercontinental Cup: 1995

Barcelona

* 2 × Spanish League (La Liga): 1997–98, 1998–99

* 1 × Spanish Cup (Copa del Rey): 1997–98

* 1 × UEFA Super Cup: 1997

AZ

* 1 × Dutch League (Eredivisie): 2008–09

Bayern Munich

* 1 × German League (Fußball-Bundesliga): 2009–10

* 1 × German Cup (DFB-Pokal): 2009–10

* 1 × German Super Cup (DFB-Supercup): 2010

* 2 × Rinus Michels Award (2007, 2009)

* 1 × Dutch Sports Coach Of The Year (2009)

* 1 × Die Sprachwahrer des Jahres (2009)

* 1 × German Football Manager of the Year (2010)

I think that record speaks for itself. Plus his reputation for making young players flourish. I would give the man the job right now

8)

So today it's Owen Coyle's turn to go through the rumour mill, let's see where this one goes... Personally speaking, I wouldn't be against him coming in.

Yep... And at around ten this evening someone will post that betting has been suspended, as if they've come in with some earth shattering news. I'm going to miss it when it's all over.

owen coyle has dropped to 5/2 on skybet. The PE teacher thing might be BS but someone has definatley been putting money on him.

If thats the height of our ambition then we are shagged

I think he'd be a good long-term appointment...like when Everton got Moyes (only difference is Owen Coyle got a small northern team promoted to the Prem and Moyes didn't!!)

IMO.

Hes just another one of those Hollywood names that people are seeing and being seduced by. 'Louis Van Gaal?? champs league here we come!'

Just dont think hes right for this club.

Would love to be proved wrong though.

Im sure the fans of AZ Alkmaar were thinking the same thing when he took over there.

Granted the Dutch league isnt the strongest but the Ajax side he built with yougsters was amazing. He knows his stuff and he hasnt done a bad job anywhere unlike Rijkaard and Benitez.

He is one of those guys that breeds success. I belive he is very much in Sir Alex Ferguson mould personally. I would love to see him at Villa, more so than anybody else on the shortlist. I mean come on, Coyle and McClaren ffs!!!!!!