• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

ok summary

Villa fans have had their worst season for a long time - Liverpool sucking, FA Cup reserve team playing manager resigns. We are about to sell one of our best players for the 3RD summer in a row (Downing might well go as well !!!!!)

And the board decide to cheer us up by interviewing this muppet.

AM I missing something - do they want the North Stand and the rest empty so they can sell it off to build a new Asda or something ?

FFS I have to sit and watch us lose in the pssing rain at home to some dire teams this season ! After this last season we need to see some ambition by the board this is far from ambitious. I have renewed already but after this farce of a week I might well send my season tickets back.

Ok we might not appoint but this guy should not be anywhere near the shortlist !!!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Utterly embarrassed by the reaction of most of our support, this is not 'Villa's darkest day' or any of that tripe, this is a day where we potentially appoint a very good manager who happens to have previously managed our local rivals. Grow up!

Getting a team relegated twice in 3 seasons makes you a very bad manager, regardless to where you previously managed.

That would be a perfectly valid point if McLeish had been in charge of a decent and stable premiership club like Bolton or Blackburn, fact is he was in charge of a yo-yo club that is always on the verge of relegation. When he arrived it was in November, which left him no time to make any signings or do anything constructive to stop the team from being relegated. This season there was practically nothing he could do as his already weak squad was hit by injuries to his key players.

If you want to blame him for the relegations you must also give him credit for getting a poor Blues side their highest EVER premier league finish and winning them their first trophy in decades.

he got a blues team that if im honest was probably too good to go down into a position of safety with about 5 games left then royally **** it up

i dont want to say you're clutching at straws but i just cant have it that he was unlucky or half decent at blues, he played horrible negative football, look at how many blues fans are up in arms that he's gone, just about none

When he arrived it was in November, which left him no time to make any signings or do anything constructive to stop the team from being relegated.

How can you say that ? November is only 3 months into a 9 month season with a transfer window inbetween ?

I agree his Birmingham side played poor defensive football, but I'd argue that it was because they had no attacking prowess of any kind and a weak midfield, their only chance of winning games was to defend for their lives and hope to pinch a cheeky goal. His Rangers side played expansive attacking football, as did his Hibs side. Not too sure how Scotland played with him in charge?

Either way I think that given the talent we have at the club the football we play under him will be much, much better than the football blues played under him.

I think we'll interview him

I don't think we'll appoint him

I think this statement is an attempt to show the rest of the world that the board are in charge rather than the 'Lord of the Flies' supporters populating the forums

That said if we do appoint McLeish I'll be bitterly disappointed, he'd be a rubbish appointment, his Blues team played the worst football in the league for the last two seasons

Utterly embarrassed by the reaction of most of our support, this is not 'Villa's darkest day' or any of that tripe, this is a day where we potentially appoint a very good manager who happens to have previously managed our local rivals. Grow up!

Getting a team relegated twice in 3 seasons makes you a very bad manager, regardless to where you previously managed.

That would be a perfectly valid point if McLeish had been in charge of a decent and stable premiership club like Bolton or Blackburn, fact is he was in charge of a yo-yo club that is always on the verge of relegation. When he arrived it was in November, which left him no time to make any signings or do anything constructive to stop the team from being relegated. This season there was practically nothing he could do as his already weak squad was hit by injuries to his key players.

If you want to blame him for the relegations you must also give him credit for getting a poor Blues side their highest EVER premier league finish and winning them their first trophy in decades.

If he arrived in November then he had a January transfer window and about 6 months to prevent them from being relegated. As for injuries to his key players I don't think any team in the PL had as many injuries to key players for as many months as Villa did.

We had a manager walk out on us 5 days before the season started. We then appointed a manager that hadn't managed in the PL for a number of years and who made so many PR gaffs it was laughable and then to top it off the manager has a heart scare a month before the season ends.

No amount of excuses can make McLeish seem like he is a good manager but just got unlucky.

Can the mods make a new topic and bring up a poll if we want McLeish or not? We need a clear reflection on what we think of him.
Might as well make a poll to ask whether people would like a smack in the face with a brick.

Ok, that can be the second option.

Seriously though, I don't think Randy has any idea how unpopular this appointment really is and I'm hoping there's an off chance General will catch it and pass it on straight away.

Then again, this forum must be like 10% (at most) of the Villa fanbase and Randy is probably too stubborn to care.

Can the mods make a new topic and bring up a poll if we want McLeish or not? We need a clear reflection on what we think of him.
Might as well make a poll to ask whether people would like a smack in the face with a brick.

Ironically I'd rather get smacked in the face with a brick, than have McLeish as our manager.

Unless the brick was gonna cause some really bad damage then I'm in the same boat as you.

If Randy made the offer Brick or McCleish, I'd line up and take one for the team deffo...I'll recover from a brick in the face but I wont recover from this.

The Facebook page against Eck is gaining momentum now around 14000 members! There's definitely more hatred for him than there was for Maclaren! Please Randy don't do it! My hope is that McLeish doesn't interview well and forgets to polish his shoes and gets declined! Billy Davies anyone?

I agree his Birmingham side played poor defensive football, but I'd argue that it was because they had no attacking prowess of any kind and a weak midfield, their only chance of winning games was to defend for their lives and hope to pinch a cheeky goal. His Rangers side played expansive attacking football, as did his Hibs side. Not too sure how Scotland played with him in charge?

Either way I think that given the talent we have at the club the football we play under him will be much, much better than the football blues played under him.

Why Rangers and Celtic aren't exactly great teams in their own little league they can easily walk all over everyone else. Barcelona for example are a great team but the reason they win by ridiculous margins almost week in week out is due partly to the standard of opposition. The same applies to the SPL.

I think we'll interview him

I don't think we'll appoint him

I think this statement is an attempt to show the rest of the world that the board are in charge rather than the 'Lord of the Flies' supporters populating the forums

Well that itself would be bizarre and so far has managed to cause more bad press.

I agree his Birmingham side played poor defensive football, but I'd argue that it was because they had no attacking prowess of any kind and a weak midfield, their only chance of winning games was to defend for their lives and hope to pinch a cheeky goal.

You do realise that they were so weak up front and in midfield due to the players he signed?

Mate, this man's come fresh off a relegation. He's probably the only manager available whose football is bad enough to relegate Villa.

Even fookin Curbishley outperformed this tosser. Dark days indeed if you appoint McLeish. Does my head in, makes no sense.

This pretty much sums up my feelings although from the perspective of an opposite fan.

Most of the country is wondering what's going on at Villa Park.

I was shouted down earlier when I suggested it, but Chris Hughton. Managed a promoted side between 5th and mid-table. Made Carroll look a £35m striker, and had some good foreign signings in Tiote and Ben Arfa.

A lot better than McLeish surely! And he wants a job.

It is Randy's club, he can do what he wants, If he feels Mc Leish is the best man for the job then as a true Villa supporter you should continue to support the team even if if you feel he is not the right man for the job.

Results will determine the outcome if he takes over, it would be a massive gamble for Randy.

The Facebook page against Eck is gaining momentum now around 14000 members! There's definitely more hatred for him than there was for Maclaren! Please Randy don't do it! My hope is that McLeish doesn't interview well and forgets to polish his shoes and gets declined! Billy Davies anyone?

After what happened to Maclaren and how it was reported I think the board have issued this statement to demonstrate that they are in charge of the football club.

I think he'll get an interview but won't get appointed, hope I'm right