• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I get the impression that the board know nothing about the football side of the club. Randy as employed one manager since he owned the club in Houllier which last season he managed to get away with but if he employs AM I can see all our talented players leaving in this transfer window and the club will be in a very bad state. If you were a player would you want to come to play for a manger who got another club relegated the season before because I wouldn't entertain comming to the Villa which worrys me alot. What sort of players can we attract.

I remember the season back in the eighties when we were last relegated visiting Bournemouth, Middlesborough and swindon to name a few. I dont want that again but this appiontment will worry me.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex McLeish isn't a bad manager. I don't give a shit that he was Citys manager.

I think initally we were all excited about being linked to big names in the manager world! And now we all feel a bit let down (the worlds biggest understatement in the world for some people). For me Im disappointed being linked with McAleish as I still think there were and are better managersstill available e.g Hughes

But who knows what tomorrow brings... I'll support the Villa and the new manager whoever it is. At least I'll give the new manager some time to prove himself. Won't be an easy job for whoever it.

The statement is clueless and patronising. And it confirms they're looking for Premier League experienced managers again. I really think they're the most gutless and incompetent fools around. I still can't get over the fact Fulham managed to bag Jol within 7 days. I'm sure if we were on the phone first, he would have come here over Fulham. But the fact is the board still insist of going through that stone age time consuming rubbish interview path making us a laughing stock. They clearly are because otherwise they wouldn't announce they're interviewing McLeish.

is there not a chance that even if AM was offered the job he might turn it down based on the reaction. He is only human after all and I am sure his skin in not that thick nor his shoulders that broad! He my look at it and think to himself that he does not want a job where he will be hated by 90% of the people the is trying to impress!

I get the impression that the board know nothing about the football side of the club. Randy as employed one manager since he owned the club in Houllier which last season he managed to get away with but if he employs AM I can see all our talented players leaving in this transfer window and the club will be in a very bad state. If you were a player would you want to come to play for a manger who got another club relegated the season before because I wouldn't entertain comming to the Villa which worrys me alot. What sort of players can we attract.

I remember the season back in the eighties when we were last relegated visiting Bournemouth, Middlesborough and swindon to name a few. I dont want that again but this appiontment will worry me.

Most players will go where the money is...

If McLeish does get the job and Villa improve and move up the table i don't think any new player would have any reservations about joining once the wages are right, team is playing well and the manager seems to be doing well!

Money is king followed by Champs league as we all know too well!!

The statement is clueless and patronising. And it confirms they're looking for Premier League experienced managers again. I really think they're the most gutless and incompetent fools around. I still can't get over the fact Fulham managed to bag Jol within 7 days. I'm sure if we were on the phone first, he would have come here over Fulham. But the fact is the board still insist of going through that stone age time consuming rubbish interview path making us a laughing stock. They clearly are because otherwise they wouldn't announce they're interviewing McLeish.

The interview stuff is just pathetic..

We are supposed to identfy the man we want and then go and appoint him..If he isnt available you go to next in line and so forth..A club of our size shouldnt even be messing around with McClaren, Martinez or McLeish..

If Moyes and Ancelotti were the main targets and they turned it down, we should have looked overseas at Deschamps(when he was itching to leave) and Van Gaal...

Fulham have secured the services of a very good manager..I would say a better improvement on Mark Hughes.

List of managers I'd take before McLeish, ruling out likes of Moyes etc..

Hughes, Curbishley, Hughton, Zola, Mugabe, Holloway, Poyet, Heskey, Coyle, Di Mateo, Mike Bassett.

Just Hughes for me, ,,, then again i do know something about football

.. but obviously not

so thats means you would go with Curbishley, Hughton, Zola, Mugabe, Holloway, Poyet, Heskey, Coyle, Di Mateo, Mike Bassett, do they let you have sharp pencils in there? :o

Hmm they aren't exactly distraught about the news are they

:rofl

I hope they get the spineless, gutless tit.

:rofl bloody hell, I just want him to go now, there lot must be doint their nuts in. Shame we are currently managerless, I bet Albion and Wolves fans are loving this!

I'm actually thinking that this whole sordid farce is actually more entertaining than the league football served up by McLeish!!!!

In fairness to McLeish, he didn't exactly have a wealth of quality players at his disposal to enable him to play good football.

No just the £40m he spent on the squad?

In fairness to McLeish, he didn't exactly have a wealth of quality players at his disposal to enable him to play good football.

And we do? The team still contains pretty much MON's reign. That's long ball merchants.

I wonder if he'll even bother with Makoun. I doubt he would bother with the youngsters. Doubt Downing will want to stick around. Bent must be wishing he sticked at Sunderland and hoped Liverpool called or something.

The whole club is a mess.

I know he just re-signed for Wolfsburg but I would do everything in my power to get Felix Magath. He would be an excellent follow on from Houllier.

Having majority of fans or squad against new manager from day one is always going to end badly. I suggest the board watch The Damned United for a history lesson.

I know he just re-signed for Wolfsburg but I would do everything in my power to get Felix Magath. He would be an excellent follow on from Houllier.

Having majority of fans or squad against new manager from day one is always going to end badly. I suggest the board watch The Damned United for a history lesson.

Think he has a new club already.

Most probs one with ambition.

I agree with this Kiwi, Felix Magath, superb. I cannot understand this "must have Premiership experience" tripe. It could be the undoing of us if we're not careful. Whether we can get him is another story, but I think we should be trying. Van Gaal, the same.

I must admit though, the blue noses are in bigger shit than we are. am would have got them promoted, now they looked ****.

i reckon peter penis pannu will take over the role. he does everything else!!