• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MacCleish as one of my favourite players in Ferguson's great Aberdeen team, but as a manager he's on a par with Gordon Strachan (also part of that team!).

I'd be shocked if the board were that desperate/out of touch to appoint him.

I think Mark Hughes was be a step up, and that's not saying much AFAIC.

And when McCleish is not appointed can all the knee jerk 'fans' who have been lambasting Randy and the board and taking the medias word as gospel, **** off?

I agree. i have a lot of trust, which is being tested, but i still think we're going to come out of this correctly.

It's all a plan. Hint to McLeish he needs to leave so Villa can speak to him. McLeish leaves, leaving Blues without a manager who would most likely have taken them back up. Send an email saying they want to speak to McLeish, make sure the press knows he is 1st choice, force Blues into spending time and money and general annoyance trying to stop McLeish from getting a job at Villa, as well as all the press concentrating on McLeish updates... while in the background we go and hire Moyes.

A plan I tell ye!

Bollocks I say, if we are going to get Moyes, we would have got him by now. All this BS about waiting for Everton to get a new manager is laughable. Smokescreen and all, it's just bollocks.

We are just taking our time, it'd Randy's second appointment, he took 2 months last time and that was during the season.

I was joking ....

secondly, the last manager took a month ...not 2. In fact, 9th august - resigned ...Houllier appointed 8th september.

I'm trying to keep the faith, but some of this is worrying. To the fans who don't want AM for his blues connections grow up! I'm sure if he had them knocking on the top 4 some still wouldn't want him.

However, I do not want AM for the simple reason that he is not very good. Some of the worst football I have seen has been played by his team, relegated twice and one flukey league cup do not make a good manager.

Managing one of Celtic or Rangers and winning something is not an achievement its the law of averages.

Appointing AM would be such a step backward that I couldn't support the board on this.

So there it is, I like to think I'm a reasonable man but if this isn't bollocks and it does happen I'm not going down the Villa until he and Faulkner are gone. This is not a dramatic huff, but its just so obvious he's not good enough for Villa, there would be no progress and I couldn't sit there and watch the inevitable.

BUT, I'm sure they are not going to appoint him. Please, please, please, please, please, please let this be a bad dream.

It's all a plan. Hint to McLeish he needs to leave so Villa can speak to him. McLeish leaves, leaving Blues without a manager who would most likely have taken them back up. Send an email saying they want to speak to McLeish, make sure the press knows he is 1st choice, force Blues into spending time and money and general annoyance trying to stop McLeish from getting a job at Villa, as well as all the press concentrating on McLeish updates... while in the background we go and hire Moyes.

A plan I tell ye!

Bollocks I say, if we are going to get Moyes, we would have got him by now. All this BS about waiting for Everton to get a new manager is laughable. Smokescreen and all, it's just bollocks.

We are just taking our time, it'd Randy's second appointment, he took 2 months last time and that was during the season.

I was joking ....

secondly, the last manager took a month ...not 2. In fact, 9th august - resigned ...Houllier appointed 8th september.

Ok then, i think im starting to lose me sense of humour.

In all honestly the club has handled the appointment of a new manager poorly and it has become a joke and laughing stock.Get it sorted it out Randy for fk sake !!!.It's like were going for the scraps now.Why does our next manager have to have Premier League experience ??.We should look at Rikjard or De Boer etc

With all the shit that's being thrown at the club from that lot down the road in todays newspapers a statement has to be released today.

At the very least you'd suspect the General would have to pop in and clarify/verify/deny this Facebook post.

With all the shit that's being thrown at the club from that lot down the road in todays newspapers a statement has to be released today.

At the very least you'd suspect the General would have to pop in and clarify/verify/deny this Facebook post.

I'm almost certain it's legit based on the VV member he was conversing with. I don't think it was intended for public consumption.

I've been the boards staunchest supporter, though this really is a new low.

I think I could handle Mcleish being appointed, though the manner in which we are going about this business is appearing to be extremely amateurish.

I can't see us going in for Hughes now... if we aren't put of Mcleish by the compensation threat then there should be no reason why we wouldn't of contacted Hughes if we were going to.

Today is make or break day for Randy in my eyes. They need to clarify things one way or the other, or have a very disgruntled mob on their hands.

Okay, I don't think it'll be McLeish ...the fact Blues are going to make it hard for that to happen and with the fans thoughts, it's just not going to happen. It can't.

We've just got to wait for Hughes now.

Exactly. The board aren't stupid. They know that they'd lose a lot of money if they appointed McLeish. Not only that but his record really isn't that good and there are better, gettable candidates out there, like Hughes for example.

I can't believe this, We are approaching McLeish. I'm just shocked.

GET THE **** OUT OF MY CLUB RANDY LERNER. **** OFF BACK TO AMERICA. YOU DONT DO THIS OVER HERE.

you just believe everything you read. you wanna lay off the liffey water.

The fact we're approaching him is all I need to know. Once Kenderick prints it it's true imo. We approached him, that shows Randy doesn't give a ****.

I lost faith in him after the MON walk out, I hate Randy Lerner now.

I dont usually post, long time viwer of the site, but you have driven me to post.

Statements like that are exactly what is wrong with Villa fans, i've heard some absolute bile spouted at Villa Park in my time, but you dont deserve to set foot inside Villa Park spouting comments like that.

I would be hugely dissapointed if we hired AM, but until i see our new manager sitting in front of the press bein unveiled i refuse to believe anything i read or hear. Have you learnt nothing from the last few weeks? I've lost count of the amount of managers who were set to be appointed. Nobody knows anything.

Randy Lerner has been a saint since he took over our club. He has backed both managers to the hilt, Villa Park and bodymoor heath have had various face lifts, the fans have been treated with a respect i did not see once in the Ellis era. To say you "HATE" him is ridiculous, have you ever met him?

Get over yourself, you might be a minor celeb on Football 365, but wuth comments like that you are firmly Z list on here.

Nicely put :thumb:

Worth putting again.

Some ridiculously over the top responses on here.

I hope your all happy with yourself a massive embarrassment to our club.

You might say that about Randy and Co but they actually haven't done anything yet, last time i looked we didn't have a manager.

However, its too late for most of the stupid comments on here.

I'm almost certain it's legit based on the VV member he was conversing with. I don't think it was intended for public consumption.

You may be right, but it appears that, one way or the other, the genie has escaped the bottle and there is no way of getting it back in again. But there is some explaining to do all the same. At very least because once the press get a hold of it it is just going to make matters worse.

I am firmly in the "wait and see" camp myself, but between Twitter and the truth-loving press, folks are starting to get a little hysterical now, and it is as Oaks says, time to set a few facts straight.

Approaching 10,000 members in the Facebook group 'Aston Villa Supporters - We don't want McLeish'. Mentions of a protest tonight at 6pm and tomorrow at 6pm. I've joined the group as no way in hell do I want him at our club, however I'm not convinced that a protest is called for just yet, being that we don't know the full story.

It's got nothing to do with him working for the dark side, the fact he's a crap manager is the only reason I don't want him at our place.

I'm amazed at some on here that rate him, **** knows why?