fifa 12

fifa09don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave it a blast on the easiest difficulty setting to see what the tackling was liked. Seemed fine to me, although I'm sure the difficulty will ramp up when I increase the difficulty of the game.

I also noticed that the runs made for through-balls seem to be better on this one. The player running onto the ball seems to take a better angle.

I like what I have played thus far but I will ramp up the difficulty tonight to see if the tackling is really that bad. Won 8-0 in the game I played.

It really isn't unfortunately and this is against AI. I dread to think how poor this game will be online, particularly FIFA Clubs where pace is abused.

give it more than a few games ffs

I've played about 15 games on it now!

I think defending was a little easy for the most part on previous games, but not on Clubs. I don't see how it's going to work when you have those 95 speed players against your awfully rated computer defenders, you'll end up getting everyone sent off.

Had a few goes on the demo.

Ignoring the defending for a second, the game is great. Love the gameplay, all seems a bit smoother and more responsive. The real test will be playing it against other people though.

The defending is odd. I think I like it, but it'll take a while to get used to it.

I was shit at defendign on FIFA anyway, so a change actually appeals to me. At the moment I@m finding the new defending difficult, but it's very satisfying when you nail a tackle!

Anyone got any tips on the best way to use the new defending? Like is it easier to control the tackler all the time, or use R1 to make a teammate press?

Not a fan of the new defending, but the engine changes are great. Really feels like you can take people on again with the new shorter dribbling system; one of the biggest things that has always made me want to throw my pad through the window online is endlessly running into my opponent due to being almost entirely unable to change direction quickly enough before a tackle comes in because of the added latency. Hopefully this will alleviate that somewhat.

Back to defending - I know EA have to try out new stuff to try and keep things fresh, but this system smacks of the time when PES was king and EA was trying and failing with all sorts of ridiculous systems for passing, shooting etc. In the end, they got it right because they pretty much stole PES's control system and made it better with minor tweaks. This new system is potentially going in the wrong direction again, but hey, time will tell.

surely any system other than holding X/A is a good thing? Where is there any ounce of skill in holding 1 button?

Whilst I am certainly no master of the new system, I'd say its a huge, great big leap in the right direction.

I really wanted to dislike the demo so I wouldnt have to spend money on buying the new one, but this one is this generations Fifa 2007... The best by a mile.

Playing it for the first time this morning. Me likey. Defending will take a while to get used to properly, but it is much better. Didn't think they could make the game feel any smoother, but it does. Shooting's gotten better too. :thumb:

I'm not that great at defending,

My mate, who is ridiculously good at FIFA (genuinely. He was ranked in the top 50 in Europe at one point) claims it's no different if you just assume R1 is what square was last year.

I was hoping the new defending might make him beatable!!

What are they?
Provided the leaked spreadsheet is actually real...

Darren Bent - 82

Shay Given - 82

Richard Dunne - 78

Stephen Ireland - 77

Charles N'Zogbia - 77

Stiliyan Petrov - 77

James Collins - 76

Alan Hutton - 76

Gabriel Agbonlahor - 75

Marc Albrighton - 75

Ciaran Clark - 75

Carlos Javier Cuéllar Jiménez - 75