fifa 12

fifa09don

Apparently the Career screen looks pretty much the same, which is a shame as was hoping for a bit more gloss on that.

But liking the transfer overhaul bit now where clubs will bid for any player regardless of transfer status and will actually come back with bigger offers if they really want a player.

Fifa 11 transfers are a bit crap.

Fifa 12 transfer deadline day looks good too. Just hope they include the Scottish dude from SSN, and Pete Colley outside Bodymoore Heath making up shit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article on the "new" Career Mode...

fifasoccerblog.com"]I have a confession to make… Remember when we went to Guildford for the first time? And we brought all that lovely FIFA 12 gameplay information back? Well some of you may remember us mentioning that Day 1 of the Guildford play test in May was very heavily embargo’d and there was a very good reason for that because… Six weeks ago… We were playing Career Mode!!

You have no idea how hard its been to keep that a secret but thankfully the lid on Career Mode has now been lifted. Which means we can give you a run down of the new features which grace FIFA 12′s Career Mode. We won’t be posting any opinion/impressions yet because we’re playing a newer build of Career Mode today and want to take that in before nailing our colours to the mast.

Career Mode: The New Features

Visuals: Visually things are pretty similar but the whole front end has been nicely polished. The calendar for advancing matches now embeds in the main screen allowing you to track news and events while the game progresses. You can also halt the advancement at any time if you want to stop and read an article or deal with a transfer deal. There are new colour coded calendar items for league, cup, friendly and European matches too.

Scouting: Yes, scouting is finally back in Career Mode but only for youth players players. You can hire up to three scouts and send them to different regions around for a duration of your choice. The scouts themselves vary in quality with the best scouts demanding the most cash. To get accurate data on the quality of the youth prospects in a region you may need to scout multiple times, however if you wait too long a rival club could step in and sign the player you’re after.

Youth Academy: And once you’ve scouted your young prospects and decided to sign them they get added to your Youth Academy. From here you can track their development and when the time is right either move the players in to your first team squad or realise you made a terrible mistake and send them packing.

Player Stories: Throughout the season players will now approach the manager voicing their concerns or happiness at certain decisions. The topics range from injury worries, lack of game time, unhappy about a new signings, being played out of position, morale, retirement and many, many more. How you deal with these issues is entirely down to the manager.

Transfer Deadline Day: Is now a fully fledged feature of its own in Career Mode and on transfer deadline day the game advances hour by hour to allow you to wheel and deal before the window slams shut. You also have the option to stall transfer deals to allow your self more time to decide between multiple targets.

Form and Morale: Are both back and will need to be delicately managed over the course of the season. These two features plugin to the ‘Player Stories’ system where players will become and unhappy for any number of reasons.

Player Growth: Is allegedly fixed, but we’d need to play for multiple seasons to confirm this. However one very positive example came up when playing a Career Mode as Southampton. Just 3 games in to the season Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain recieved a substantial amount of growth receiving around 10 stats improvements. Most were just +1 but there were a few, +2 and +3 upgrades too. Which when compared to FIFA 11′s +1 growth for an entire season is surely a good sign. Alex is a player who you’d expect to have fairly rapid growth too so the scenario seemed to fit well.

This post covers the Career Mode features we saw six weeks ago but we’ll bring you an updated post with impressions as soon as we’re back from the Guildford play test.

Interesting article on the "new" Career Mode...

fifasoccerblog.com"]I have a confession to make… Remember when we went to Guildford for the first time? And we brought all that lovely FIFA 12 gameplay information back? Well some of you may remember us mentioning that Day 1 of the Guildford play test in May was very heavily embargo’d and there was a very good reason for that because… Six weeks ago… We were playing Career Mode!!

You have no idea how hard its been to keep that a secret but thankfully the lid on Career Mode has now been lifted. Which means we can give you a run down of the new features which grace FIFA 12′s Career Mode. We won’t be posting any opinion/impressions yet because we’re playing a newer build of Career Mode today and want to take that in before nailing our colours to the mast.

Career Mode: The New Features

Visuals: Visually things are pretty similar but the whole front end has been nicely polished. The calendar for advancing matches now embeds in the main screen allowing you to track news and events while the game progresses. You can also halt the advancement at any time if you want to stop and read an article or deal with a transfer deal. There are new colour coded calendar items for league, cup, friendly and European matches too.

Scouting: Yes, scouting is finally back in Career Mode but only for youth players players. You can hire up to three scouts and send them to different regions around for a duration of your choice. The scouts themselves vary in quality with the best scouts demanding the most cash. To get accurate data on the quality of the youth prospects in a region you may need to scout multiple times, however if you wait too long a rival club could step in and sign the player you’re after.

Youth Academy: And once you’ve scouted your young prospects and decided to sign them they get added to your Youth Academy. From here you can track their development and when the time is right either move the players in to your first team squad or realise you made a terrible mistake and send them packing.

Player Stories: Throughout the season players will now approach the manager voicing their concerns or happiness at certain decisions. The topics range from injury worries, lack of game time, unhappy about a new signings, being played out of position, morale, retirement and many, many more. How you deal with these issues is entirely down to the manager.

Transfer Deadline Day: Is now a fully fledged feature of its own in Career Mode and on transfer deadline day the game advances hour by hour to allow you to wheel and deal before the window slams shut. You also have the option to stall transfer deals to allow your self more time to decide between multiple targets.

Form and Morale: Are both back and will need to be delicately managed over the course of the season. These two features plugin to the ‘Player Stories’ system where players will become and unhappy for any number of reasons.

Player Growth: Is allegedly fixed, but we’d need to play for multiple seasons to confirm this. However one very positive example came up when playing a Career Mode as Southampton. Just 3 games in to the season Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain recieved a substantial amount of growth receiving around 10 stats improvements. Most were just +1 but there were a few, +2 and +3 upgrades too. Which when compared to FIFA 11′s +1 growth for an entire season is surely a good sign. Alex is a player who you’d expect to have fairly rapid growth too so the scenario seemed to fit well.

This post covers the Career Mode features we saw six weeks ago but we’ll bring you an updated post with impressions as soon as we’re back from the Guildford play test.

Sounds good, looking forward to giving this a blast

I'm particularly intrigued by the "Youth Academy" feature, though naturally - as with each and every previous iteration of the game - I'll wind up building myself into a frenzy of excitement, only to be ultimately let down.

Hmm, buying FIFA must be akin to what my missus goes through during sexy-time. :detect:

enjoy this one lads, fifa 13 is gonna have no major changes or overhauls. instead theyre adding, wait for it, kinect compatibility. straight from rutters mouth

i suspect thats because fifa 14 will be for ps4 and xbox 720 and theyre putting all their time into building a new next gen engine

Anyone have any ideas on leagues/teams yet? I've read conflicting reports online that either state the "Ultimate Edition" will contain 24 extra teams or it will contain 24 extra gold packs for UT. :?:

Hope they add a board request feature where you can ask for a stadium expansion/more money etc.

Also hope they get rid of the shit limit of 3 budget adjustments per season. Pretty pointless.

Would be nice if they brought back the coach/stadium improvements bit but related it to performance as opposed to using transfer money to upgrade stuff.

On a purely cosmetic basis, I'm hoping for more proper kits/goalie kits and some form of coding that changes the number & letter styling on the back of shirts if you get promoted/relegated (admittedly, I think this is only an issue for English clubs but it'd be nice to see).

Would also like to see a properly modelled bench with managers patrolling their technical area, gesticulating wildly and your subs occasionally warming up along the touchline. You could then have the whole bench run out and celebrate with the team during cup final victories and the like.

I did read somewhere that there's no more cut-scenes during dead-ball scenarios (corners, throw-ins etc.), the player will just run straight over which sounds good to me.

enjoy this one lads, fifa 13 is gonna have no major changes or overhauls. instead theyre adding, wait for it, kinect compatibility. straight from rutters mouth

i suspect thats because fifa 14 will be for ps4 and xbox 720 and theyre putting all their time into building a new next gen engine

I'm actually not that annoyed by that, it mean I get a year when I don't have to buy it! :D

had a good long 2 hour session on it last week, very impressive stuff

the collision engine is great, and the defensive side has been COMPLETELY overhauld

no more holding b and letting the computer stick in the challenge while you run into any gaps left open to stop attackers

Does the defensive side seem to work well then? Whilst it's arguably too easy to do the 'hold B and cover' thing, you can't really control more than one player at once, thus making defending sometimes more difficult than it should be. I assume the defensive AI has been significantly improved to counter this?

no more holding b and letting the computer stick in the challenge while you run into any gaps left open to stop attackers

I've never been able to do that tactic. I think it's because for years I've done the opposite of holding X (A on XBox I assume) and operating a sort of "rush" defence. it's a pretty crap tactic, but I'm so used to it that everytime I try and change to the tactic you've described, I end up taking the guy I'm controlling towards the ball as well.

I think that's why I suck at FIFA

Does the defensive side seem to work well then? Whilst it's arguably too easy to do the 'hold B and cover' thing, you can't really control more than one player at once, thus making defending sometimes more difficult than it should be. I assume the defensive AI has been significantly improved to counter this?

at first you're in for plenty of hidings

one of the devs beat me 4-2 and 5-1 in our games, but then i took on another journo and thrashed him 6-2 and 4-1 as i was getting used to it

its completely different, and you can expect to see the online side of things being a little all over the place initially while people adjust to it. one thing ill say is give it time, because it actually makes for a much better game

you can still rush the opposition and put them under pressure with an ai character, but they wont put their foot in. theyll just close the opponent down

if you wanna tackle you'll need to switch to control him and manually put the tackle in

Sounds good, just hoping that when I switch defenders, the others don't switch off like they do so often in FIFA 11! I'll be tracking someone's run, then have to change player (which sounds like will be much earlier and more often on the next edition) only for the player I was controlling originally to completely lose his man. I think this may be related to players' attributes too, though.

The other thign that annoys me about switiching players in FIFA...do you ever get it where an AI controlled defender (one of your team) is running after the ball, or player, but when you switch to them to control them (either to put a tackle in or to control the ball) they stop running for a split second. It's small, but it's enough to let the other player get a yard ahead of you.

Â