fifa 12

fifa09don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the demo, the new tackling feature just doesn't work against AI, hopefully it plays out different online with human players naturally playing more aggressive but I'm not impressed so far, it's turned into waiting for an interception or it to go out of play. Maybe I just need to get used to it more. Rest of the game is a noticeable improvement though

You can switch back to the old tackling system via the menu. I think the problem with the new system is that, when you hold A to get close to the player, he stands way to far from him so when you hit B to make the tackle you look like a word removed.

Played the demo last night. Dunno what to make of it really. The new defending controls are gonna take a hell of alot of getting used to. Using the RB button to make a second man apply pressure just feels counter intuitive, especially when using RT at the same time to sprint. The shooting still feels shit as well, a bit like kicking a beachball around. Saying that though, the new collision engine is very good, and i also like the way you can use a button to jossle with the opponent to get the ball back.

Overall it seems like it could be a good game but dunno if the new controls are gonna take time getting used to or are just plain badly executed

Hmph, not sure about this tactical defending lark, jostling is ineffective and the slide tackle is useless. Switching back to legacy defending helps but is pointless when you apparently cannot use it online. I fear that we are going to be stuck playing possession games with each team only getting the ball back after goals have been scored or shots go wide. Also bit bemused by the number of random penalties going each way, one match had 4 penalties 2 for me and 2 for the computer all of which were bullshit calls.

Hmph, not sure about this tactical defending lark, jostling is ineffective and the slide tackle is useless. Switching back to legacy defending helps but is pointless when you apparently cannot use it online. I fear that we are going to be stuck playing possession games with each team only getting the ball back after goals have been scored or shots go wide. Also bit bemused by the number of random penalties going each way, one match had 4 penalties 2 for me and 2 for the computer all of which were bullshit calls.

be patient, once you get used to it the game is a LOT better

Â