fifa 12

fifa09don

Downloaded season pass and now have full access to game until release next week. Never was a huge fan of FIFA, preferring PES in the past. Not this time. The game is more challenging and realistic and I love the support your team feature where your experience points gained go towards the AVFC score. Highly recommended.

If anyone wants a game sometime my gamertag is spacehead360

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of our players look pretty good. Glad we signed that partnership with them.

Except Warnock and Beye.

We can thank Mr Houllier for that.

hi all.sorry to sound like a dumb ass, but ive only ever bought the game to play versus online, new gave ultimate team a go.

I am getting the special edition with the free packs or whatever. could someone explain it all to me? feel like I am missing a key part of the game.

cheers all

Like basically, it's like a online trading card game.

Like you know in real life you can collect football cards and swap them with your friends cards (little kids play them)

It's basically like that.

You play matches to earn coins. You can then use your coins to buy packs (which contain players and other stuff.) You might get Messi in a pack. You might get Heskey :P

You can also sell and buy players - there is an eBay style trading market.

You can make money (coins) this way.

Aim is to build your Ultimate Team (acquire all the best players.)

Closest thing to online manager mode in FIFA.

Hi, just wondering what the difference is between the special edition that's out now on Play.Com and the normal version that's out on the 30th because my gf has just ordered me the special edition and it's due to get here on Tuesday. Thanks.

You get 18 free Gold Packs to use in the Ultimate Team Game Mode (which I just described above.)

Has anyone been on the ultimate team website yet ?

Yes.

You get a free gift every day you sign into the website before the game is released (coins, packs, bid tokens etc)

I can't get to grips with this FIFA, I've been playing them since 08, but this new defending has sapped all the fun out of it for me.

I appreciate why its considered more realistic, but ultimately less fun for me. I don't like spending ages trying to gett he ball back while the cpu effortlessly glides through my team with ease.

on fifa 11 I played on legendary and won more often than not. I find majority of my games on the demo are boring 0-0s going to penalties. Just not fun anymore, gonna give PES a chance to redeem itself this year!

I can't get to grips with this FIFA, I've been playing them since 08, but this new defending has sapped all the fun out of it for me.

I appreciate why its considered more realistic, but ultimately less fun for me. I don't like spending ages trying to gett he ball back while the cpu effortlessly glides through my team with ease.

on fifa 11 I played on legendary and won more often than not. I find majority of my games on the demo are boring 0-0s going to penalties. Just not fun anymore, gonna give PES a chance to redeem itself this year!

You can change the controls back to the old ones from the settings. Will only work for offline though.

Goddamnit I can't take it anymore, I'm frothing at the cock waiting for this. I've got this Friday and next Monday booked off work so I can pick the **** up at midnight Thursday and absolutely hammer the shit out of it.

You can change the controls back to the old ones from the settings. Will only work for offline though.

Yeah I suppose but I only play FIFA online, thanks for the heads up tho mate.

I don't think the actual game will be the same though, last year the demo was ridiculously hard aswell but the full game wasn't. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it and knowing how the CPU plays. I generally only play online with FIFA Ultimate Team anyway so wont make much difference for me.

Can't wait for this, I wonder if I pre order the special edition game on Wednesday morning (pay day) from Play or something, will I get it on time? I.e. Friday morning. As I'm not sure if Tesco/Asda will have the special edition ones in stock.

I don't think the actual game will be the same though, last year the demo was ridiculously hard aswell but the full game wasn't. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it and knowing how the CPU plays. I generally only play online with FIFA Ultimate Team anyway so wont make much difference for me. .

I'm not going to risk it personally, its gruelling playing this years. No fun at all. might rent it tho to check!

Gamestation (my local one, not sure on all of them) are doing a deal where if you trade in any two games (360) you get an extra £5 on top of your trade-in (check their trade-in prices against a print off from the CEX website though, to make them price-match if needs be and maximise the offer for what you're trading in), plus 500 Microsoft Points on top for buying at midnight.

I'll be trading in FIFA 11 and GTA 4 for at least £14 (CEX current trade price), plus an additional £5 for trading in two games, plus I've already paid a £5 deposit using old trade-in credit, plus I've got £5 stashed on a gift card. Ergo, I'll be picking up the game and 500mp for about £10. 8)

I have a few deals that i've seen so far. The best looking one is

"FIFA 12 limited edition+ 2100 Microsoft Points - £46 @ HMV (Instore)"

Few other deals

Asda doing the limited edition Fifa for £34.99

Trade-in F1 2011 & Get FIFA 12 (Xbox 360) (PS3) - £1.99 @ HMV (Instore)

FIFA 12 for £25 (When bought with 2100 Microsoft Points for £18.99) @ Morrisons (Instore)

Are those deals just at midnight or ongoing (while stocks last)?

I think most of them are ongoing, but only up till a certain date. I know our HMV and Asda isn't opening at midnight. I'd phone them and just make sure though.

Â