fifa 12

fifa09don

I beat AC Milan in champs league then the following week I couldn't score against Wigan because Al-Habsi decided to become a wall. He had 18 saves including multiple break away stops and somehow dove across the net to stop a tap in. This game frustrates me so much sometimes. I also can never beat arsenal. Van Persie always ends up scoring on me no matter what I do.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got destroyed by a BCFC fan on FUT, just can't get the hang of defending through balls, no matter how good my team is. Is there a way to make your defenders sit deep rather than push higher up the pitch. I get done everytime!

Just use your quick tactics to go defensive?

otherwise yeah, you can go into your team setup pre game and change the players' base position so they sit deeper.

Generally I try not to touch my defenders until it's absolutely necessary. Do all my defending with my midfielders, that way your defence doesn't get pulled out of shape. It's when you start charging forward with one defender that the holes open up and the through balls are lethal

I don't really like the quick tactics unless i'm chasing a goal and decide to go ultra attacking, if you go defensive it affects the whole team, whereas I really just want to fiddle with the defenders. I'll try and create a team setup, changing the base positions and hopefully you can save it as a quick tactic, then activate it at the start of every game. Cheers!

Yeah, you can definitely do that, that's probably your best option.

Make sure you play a DM though if your defence is sitting deep or their midfield will have a lovely time in the big hole that opens up.

But I used to do the same thing, so it should work for you :thumb:

Yeah, I always play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation in FIFA, with a strong DM, in FUT i've got Khedira and Diarra to choose from!

Nah, it's all about 4-2-3-1, I rarely have less than 60% possession when playing that formation, even playing against people that are clearly better than me (so many scrappy 1-0 wins!)

Given

Hutton Collins Dunne Warnock

Delph Petrov

Albrighton Ireland N'Zogbia

Agbonlahor

First year of Career mode with AVFC. Didnt do too well in the transfer window. Got rid of some of the deadwood Beye, Collins, Petrov, Heskey, Jenas. Got Makoun back in and spent most of my money on M Sissoko and the rest was used for Jackson Martinez and Frimpong. However G Gardner is having a blinder of a season and he has been first choice in midfield. I am currently 5th with 7 games to go. Been playing with the following teams throughout the season:

Given

Hutton Dunne Clark Warnock

Sissoko Gardner

N'Zogbia Ireland Gabby

Bent

Or

Given

Hutton Dunne Clark Warnock

Makoun Gardner

N'Zogbia Ireland

Gabby Bent

In the summer I need to get rid of Cuellar or Dunne and replace them and also bring in a top drawer winger. Any recommendations? Could do with replacing the full backs although Warnock is pretty decent. Delph, Bannan, Albrighton will be sold I think.

Just got destroyed by a BCFC fan on FUT, just can't get the hang of defending through balls, no matter how good my team is. Is there a way to make your defenders sit deep rather than push higher up the pitch. I get done everytime!

Just use your quick tactics to go defensive?

otherwise yeah, you can go into your team setup pre game and change the players' base position so they sit deeper.

Generally I try not to touch my defenders until it's absolutely necessary. Do all my defending with my midfielders, that way your defence doesn't get pulled out of shape. It's when you start charging forward with one defender that the holes open up and the through balls are lethal

I don't really like the quick tactics unless i'm chasing a goal and decide to go ultra attacking, if you go defensive it affects the whole team, whereas I really just want to fiddle with the defenders. I'll try and create a team setup, changing the base positions and hopefully you can save it as a quick tactic, then activate it at the start of every game. Cheers!

Yeah, you can definitely do that, that's probably your best option.

Make sure you play a DM though if your defence is sitting deep or their midfield will have a lovely time in the big hole that opens up.

But I used to do the same thing, so it should work for you :thumb:

Yeah, I always play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation in FIFA, with a strong DM, in FUT i've got Khedira and Diarra to choose from!

Nah, it's all about 4-2-3-1, I rarely have less than 60% possession when playing that formation, even playing against people that are clearly better than me (so many scrappy 1-0 wins!)

Given

Hutton Collins Dunne Warnock

Delph Petrov

Albrighton Ireland N'Zogbia

Agbonlahor

I really struggle with 1 up front on this game.previous games I was ok, but on this I can't handle it. I need a second striker to do well it seems

In the summer I need to get rid of Cuellar or Dunne and replace them and also bring in a top drawer winger. Any recommendations? Could do with replacing the full backs although Warnock is pretty decent. Delph, Bannan, Albrighton will be sold I think.

Go Moroccan; get Mehdi Benatia in to replace Dunne and Mbark Boussoufa for the left flank. However much cash you have left should get you Marc Wilson in to replace Warnock.

Just opened a free gold pack i got from pre-ordering the game, and guess who i found?! An in-form Özil! Feeling like a very lucky man :D

I went through countless packs hardly getting anyone of any real worth, took me ages to get a decent team together. Eventually, I got an absolute dinger of a pack.....Drogba, Lucio and Sneijder in the same pack!! Amassed about 85, 000 coins on those three!! Got a cracking team now, made up of players from La Liga.

How many coins did you get for Ozil?? Must have been 100k plus??

Sold him for about 350k :hooray:

not spent it yet though, undecided on what team I am going to put together.

You lucky sod, I've opened so many packs now it's crazy and got sweet FA so far. The best being Drenthe who sold for 55k. I checked the totw when Ozil was in form and fancied a go, got a pack and I got the achievement for getting an in form player, started to get excited... it was some shit player from Granada CF, sold him for 13k lol devastated is an understatement.

I'm an FUT founder, so been playing since it started and have bought a shit load of packs over the time, surely I'm long overdue a Messi or Ronaldo!

My pad is **** but only when playing FIFA for some reason.

Now and again for a few mniute spells during games it will bring my keeping rushing out to the halfway line on it's own and also any time my player receives he pass he will pass it himself first time without me doing anything.

Arrrrrrgh!

My pad is **** but only when playing FIFA for some reason.

Now and again for a few mniute spells during games it will bring my keeping rushing out to the halfway line on it's own and also any time my player receives he pass he will pass it himself first time without me doing anything.

Arrrrrrgh!

+1.

I've had to put a bit of tape on the one controller that does it, the other one seems to be fine.

Go Moroccan; get Mehdi Benatia in to replace Dunne and Mbark Boussoufa for the left flank. However much cash you have left should get you Marc Wilson in to replace Warnock.

Cheers. 4 games to go and joint on points with Arsenal for fourth spot. Gardner is really coming along nicely now. Scored his first for me. A left foot banger.

Just started playing the head-to-head seasons mode, which I hadn't looked at before, and it's definitely given the game a new lease of life for me. Looking forward to seeing what division I can get up to!

And Gareth, I had a game against someone who was playing as Gladbach earlier and beat them 12-0 8)

They did just start **** around after I scored 3 early goals, though.

Quick aside, the next squad update is (allegedly) due on the 23rd. Hopefully the damage to Villa's ratings won't be too severe and 'Gladbach'll get a pretty big boost across the board (Patrick Herrman 67? I don't **** think so, EA).

I've got a little bored of playing as Villa online, and I wanted to try some different teams out. I've played a few matches as Anzhi Makhachkala and done pretty well. Anyone else recommend someone a bit 'different', preferably around 4* and with a fair bit of pace, if possible?

Â