fifa 12

fifa09don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few months after swearing I'd never play against the computer again, I've restarted a career mode as Villa.

Much more enjoyable (although still frustrating in parts) than playing in the lower leagues where it was impossible.

Playing on professional but I'm almost doing too well. Sitting 3rd, 1 point of the leaders after 12 games. Thinking of cranking it up to world class.

Worked out that it's all about posession against the computer. You can't play on the break at all as their defence is too rigid. You have to just pass them to death until you eventually find a gap.

Anyway, I've made my peace with it a little.

Yeah agreed. With Villa I play Ireland on the left and N'Zogbia on the right, both cutting in. In midfield I have a combination of Makoun, Gardner or Sissoko (Moussa). Top two of Gabby and Bent. Just keep passing and passing and use Gabby's pace to stretch the defence. Bent has a good shot onhim and I have scored plenty from shots outside the box.

Haven't done much to my team.

Brought Bosingwa in for right back (moved Hutton to LB).

Sold Petrov and brought in Flamini.

Loaned Thiago and play him AMC or up front.

Front two of either Gabby and Bent or the Fonz (who is pretty good on this) and Bent if I use Gabby on the wing

The updates came out and Villa's rating has been lowered. Everyone's rating went down except for a few. Somehow Agbonlahor's rating didn't change so apparently N'Zogbia is better than Agbonlahor. Bent and Given are by far the best players at the club with an 82 rating. N'Zogbia follows with a 77. Ireland dropped which puzzled me. There were a few I agree with like Heskey and Warnock's drop but others are just so stupid.

Best bit of the update is Gardner increased from 64>70, also has 81 Long Shots and 82 Shot Power, think I'll swap him for Stan.

I started a new career with the updates yesterday and simulated the entire season. The only players I brought in to the starting line-up were Danny Rose and Damien Duff, and I decided to stick with a midfield duo of Petrov and Gardner after the latter scored in every pre-season game. By the end of the campaign I was 7th, won the FA Cup and Gardner (despite only growing to 71) scored 8 goals in the league. He's a beast.

I restarted my manager mode since the new updates came out. I decided to make it as realistic as possible. Had very little money to spend and I decided to sell some players. I sold Heskey, Ireland and Petrov which got me a decent bit of money. I decided to buy Jaroslav Plasil, Nigel De Jong, and Clint Dempsey. That is pretty much all my purchases unless Collins gets bought. Current team is:

-------------------Bent----------------------

-----------------Dempsey-------------------

--N'zogbia--Plasil--De Jong--Albrighton--

---Lichaj---Clarke----Dunne---Hutton----

------------------Given----------------------

Bench: Agbonlahor, Weimann, Gardner, Bannan, Jenas, Cuellar, Guzan

Best bit of the update is Gardner increased from 64>70, also has 81 Long Shots and 82 Shot Power, think I'll swap him for Stan.

By the end of the campaign I was 7th, won the FA Cup and Gardner (despite only growing to 71) scored 8 goals in the league. He's a beast.

Doesn't really count when you sim the whole thing :lol:

My team in my first season

Given

V d Weil dunne Collins sissokho

Jenas Ireland

Nzogbia Ireland Gabby

Bent

Dos santos, thiago and mceachran on season long loans

Looking to bring in Sturridge, mvilla ,Richards and Elia/Farfan next season

Is there a knack to winnign headers on this?

Against the computer I lose about 90% of headers. Even if it's like, Dunne vs Wright-Phillips, I nearly always lose the aerial battles.

Experimenting with formations at the moment on my game. currently playing a 3-4-3 but with the 2 wingers playing basically as wing backs. Reasonably effective. Might try changing it to a 3-5-2 and see how I get on.

Is there a knack to winnign headers on this?

Against the computer I lose about 90% of headers. Even if it's like, Dunne vs Wright-Phillips, I nearly always lose the aerial battles.

Experimenting with formations at the moment on my game. currently playing a 3-4-3 but with the 2 wingers playing basically as wing backs. Reasonably effective. Might try changing it to a 3-5-2 and see how I get on.

You have to be quick and time your jump. I always beat my pals with headers even with small players like Bent. I normally push on the defender, like I push the defender forward a little bit or I try to get in front of him. It takes practice.

Â