fifa 12

fifa09don

Ive taken lowly Swansea to the top of the Prem in my second season on career mode, (its January, still plenty of time for a Villa-esque capitulation!). Have bought in Gabby, Clark and Delfouenso from Villa, ol'Nath is banging the goals in, and Gabby ripping it up as a right winger, (no im not Ginger, or Scottish).

Playing on professional difficulty at the minute, might change it to the next level up though if I win the league.

Also, have rediscovered my appetite for the game trying to get a whole host of youthful superstars in the team. @GarethRDR, used your epic post on how to scout youngsters and have a few gems coming through now. Anders Ferrera is a CM from Argentina, potential ability 82-88! Happy days.

Step it up to legendary!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heerenveen manager here. Brought Gary Gardner, McEachran and Macheda on loan last season. Macheda got 28 goals in the league and we finished second. We didn't drop a point in the last 5 games, but neither did Ajax. Playing on World Class. Champions League this season, but Macheda is staying at Utd. I've got Moussa Maazou til the end of the season now. He's decent. Bought Bannan for £8 million last season and a few journeymen. Better quality of loans this season, but the board are quite tight. Got some good players in the youth team and hoping they come good soon because the squad is very small.

Maybe a bit late now but those of you with Sky etc. there's a really interesting documentary on the EA studio in Canada that make the Fifa titles.

If you have Nat Geo +1 it's on at 9pm.

I take it they were just sat around, twiddling their thumbs, drinking coffee and brain storming how they can rip people off this year with very little added, a new feature which wont work for 3 years and how much more profitable they can make ultimate team?

Ive taken lowly Swansea to the top of the Prem in my second season on career mode, (its January, still plenty of time for a Villa-esque capitulation!). Have bought in Gabby, Clark and Delfouenso from Villa, ol'Nath is banging the goals in, and Gabby ripping it up as a right winger, (no im not Ginger, or Scottish).

Playing on professional difficulty at the minute, might change it to the next level up though if I win the league.

Also, have rediscovered my appetite for the game trying to get a whole host of youthful superstars in the team. @GarethRDR, used your epic post on how to scout youngsters and have a few gems coming through now. Anders Ferrera is a CM from Argentina, potential ability 82-88! Happy days.

Step it up to legendary!

ive got the problem that i can piss the league on world class but when i step up i conceed some absolute howlers, i cant tackle for shit, conceed a ton of penalties (but IMO they are easy to save, one step left dive right works 9/10) and my passing for some reason is really off, crossing for example i do the exact same thing but of legendary it goes in to the corwd or cuts it back to the edge of the D every time

frustrating as hell

im now playing about with the settings to try and find the balance, making my speed 65 certainly made a difference but its still not right

I take it they were just sat around, twiddling their thumbs, drinking coffee and brain storming how they can rip people off this year with very little added, a new feature which wont work for 3 years and how much more profitable they can make ultimate team?

Ha, actually they were primarily focusing on the three major innovations that they implemented in Fifa 12, and to be fair, Fifa 12 is a very different gameplay experience to the other Fifas before.

But I know what you mean, up until Fifa 12 the series was getting a bit samey.

I don't know how people are so good playing against the computer.

I consider myself to be a pretty decent FIFA player against real life people.

But against the computer I just can't break them down, and if I play on anything above Professional I seem to lose a lot, and it's not fun at all!

On the plus side, my virtual pro is coming along nicely. Got him up to 77 overall (although I may have cheated just a little bit to get him there!)

I got my Virtual Pro up to 79 before I found out the easiest way of getting a shit-ton of accomplishments in a single match.

I'm assuming some people know, but are you aware of the Game Settings option right before you play a match? If you go in there and scroll across you can change the attributes of your team or the AI Opposition team. You can change things like running speed, pass and shot accuracy, goalkeeper quality and various other stuff. You can literally play on world class and then change these settings and the AI will be shit, or you can tweak your team to make yourselves even faster, stronger and more accurate with passes and shots and best of all, World Class achievements still count. You can unlock tons of accomplishments in a single short game this way.

It's totally cheating but I just thought I'd let you know if you wanted to level your pro up quicker. I only did it because I play online a lot and wanted to have a competitive Virtual Pro as soon as possible.

Yeah that's how I levelled up my pro. I was around 70, and then just played a game against Accrington stanley. 20 minute halves on legendary, but with all the settings turned down so they were awful (although still pretty good at keeping possession!)

I think it ended about 43-0. My pro scored about 30 of those :D

But it means I can crank up the difficulty on my virtual pro game now and get the rest of the achievements legitimately, without having to spend a season ro two making my pro "not completely shit"

Hah yeah I used to do the same, I'd end up winning 40-nil or so. Getting the 500 Club accomplishment was so much easier and you could do other accomplishments at the same time like scoring goals with finesse shots, scoring a hat-trick from outside of the area, and scoring from 32 yards out or whatever it was in a single match.

I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time against the CPU though. The only trouble I have is when I try to dribble around them all the time, I'm not good at the skill moves. Now I just pass it around themusing quick one touch passes and by making runs off the ball with the other players. I use through-balls quite a lot too.

The new tackling system in Fifa 12 is a bit tricky to get to grips with though. Sometimes it seems like I just bounce off the AI players, or that when I do get my foot in for a challenge, the AI get up from the deck quicker than I do so they still maintain possession. It can be really annoying when things don't go your way but the challenge is still fun.

I have never ever played a game as much as I currently play FIFA 12. I bloody love career mode.

Fabian Delph has developed into the greatest attacking midfield player I could ever wish for. Great pace and can score from anywhere with either foot.

For players just starting i would suggest signing benedetti (df develops into a star) and shaqiri (quite expensive to start but well worth it)

I've managed to sign neymar to villa, he said he had no interest but £200,000 a week changed his mind.

I've won the FA cup and champions league and I'm currently joint top trying to win the league for the first time.

My current team

...........................Ruffier...............................

Cincinho.........benedetti.......Charas........Santoso (youth player)

Sinclair...........Delph...........Williams........Shaqiri

......................Neymar........Leandro................

Hah yeah I used to do the same, I'd end up winning 40-nil or so. Getting the 500 Club accomplishment was so much easier and you could do other accomplishments at the same time like scoring goals with finesse shots, scoring a hat-trick from outside of the area, and scoring from 32 yards out or whatever it was in a single match.

I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time against the CPU though. The only trouble I have is when I try to dribble around them all the time, I'm not good at the skill moves. Now I just pass it around themusing quick one touch passes and by making runs off the ball with the other players. I use through-balls quite a lot too.

The new tackling system in Fifa 12 is a bit tricky to get to grips with though. Sometimes it seems like I just bounce off the AI players, or that when I do get my foot in for a challenge, the AI get up from the deck quicker than I do so they still maintain possession. It can be really annoying when things don't go your way but the challenge is still fun.

I'm ok at defending. Annoys me a bti sometimes but the games I lose are usually only by a goal.

My problem really is breaking the CPU down. I just end up playing everythign in front of their defence. And whereas against a real person I might play a little one-two and a through ball, or play in a winger and whip a cross in, the computer just tracks every run and wins every header.

So yeah, not having much luck. I'm on professional and started my career mode well (I was joint top at one point) I'm currently in a slump and got knocked out of the FA cup by **** Colchester.

Although they did play like Barcelona. They finished the game with a 94% pass completion rate. WTF!

I have never ever played a game as much as I currently play FIFA 12. I bloody love career mode.

Fabian Delph has developed into the greatest attacking midfield player I could ever wish for. Great pace and can score from anywhere with either foot.

For players just starting i would suggest signing benedetti (df develops into a star) and shaqiri (quite expensive to start but well worth it)

I've managed to sign neymar to villa, he said he had no interest but £200,000 a week changed his mind.

I've won the FA cup and champions league and I'm currently joint top trying to win the league for the first time.

My current team

...........................Ruffier...............................

Cincinho.........benedetti.......Charas........Santoso (youth player)

Sinclair...........Delph...........Williams........Shaqiri

......................Neymar........Leandro................

Jaysus!! How on earth have you afforded that motley crue of superstars with the budget Villa have?! Neymar alone is valued at £47,000,000 on my game! Hook a brother up with the tactics bro...

It's taken me 5 and a half seasons.

When I first started I sold a lot of first team players, bought some decent young players and sold them after they progressed. Dede was a Brazilian defender who I made a fair bit of cash on. Also signed a group of youth team players and over the years sold them for about £10 million combined.

Made a decent amount from champions league win, picked up Milner and bale over a couple of seasons and sold them both after winning the champions league, it left me with a huge amount of cash to sign neymar and benedetti.

It's a lot of fun playing with neymar in a villa shirt.

It's taken me 5 and a half seasons.

When I first started I sold a lot of first team players, bought some decent young players and sold them after they progressed. Dede was a Brazilian defender who I made a fair bit of cash on. Also signed a group of youth team players and over the years sold them for about £10 million combined.

Made a decent amount from champions league win, picked up Milner and bale over a couple of seasons and sold them both after winning the champions league, it left me with a huge amount of cash to sign neymar and benedetti.

It's a lot of fun playing with neymar in a villa shirt.

Do you sim the games?

The three most frustrating things about this game:

•Saying yes to a ridiculously huge offer for a player in your first team, and them not agreeing personal terms.

•Having a player loan/transfer-listed and never getting an offer for them.

•Injuries.

All 3 **** me off no end yesterday. Had a £7.5m for £3.6m-valued Danny Simpson from two clubs, he didn't agree terms with either of them. I've been trying to send Nathan Redmond on loan for 2 seasons and nobody's bitten. I had my 5 best players injured for 6 months at the start of a season last night, then both my keepers got injured at the same time for 8 weeks. GAH. ARGH. FUUUUUUUUU.

So, I did it.

I changed my career mode setting to world class, slowed the pace of the oppostion to zero and made my Virtual pro from a meandering 70, to a barnstorming 82. It took two forty minute games, but i got there.

And then the **** broke is leg and is out for eight months!

RAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Karma is truly a bitch.

Â