fifa 12

fifa09don

I've got a little bored of playing as Villa online, and I wanted to try some different teams out. I've played a few matches as Anzhi Makhachkala and done pretty well. Anyone else recommend someone a bit 'different', preferably around 4* and with a fair bit of pace, if possible?

CSKA Moscow.

Doumbia up front is a BEEAAAAST!

Honda is quality too. Free-kicks from just outside the area are basically a given.

Have Akinfeev in goal too, but for some reason he's not in the starting lineup so have to change that every game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I think your article is a bit over the top (I don't think FIFA 12 is sub standard, it's probably the best football game ever made (although I do really only play multiplayer), not taking time into account. Although it does have flaws) I do have a major gripe with the Be A Pro seasons.

That's a feature which HAS gone backwards in recent years. It's awful on the new game

Well I took the job at Newcastle, got rid of alot of the shit. Kept the following Krul, Collocini, Santon, Kader, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Marveux. Mvuemba, Ba, Harper and some random kids.

Spent the money on the following

Walker, Clyne, Cahill, Dann, Clark, Barry, Diarra, Redmond, Sturridge, Agbonlahor,

Not amazing but I went for young and english mainly because I have no idea who is good abroad.

Quick aside, the next squad update is (allegedly) due on the 23rd. Hopefully the damage to Villa's ratings won't be too severe and 'Gladbach'll get a pretty big boost across the board (Patrick Herrman 67? I don't **** think so, EA).

Will they include the MLS loan players, i.e we get Keane!

I've got a little bored of playing as Villa online, and I wanted to try some different teams out. I've played a few matches as Anzhi Makhachkala and done pretty well. Anyone else recommend someone a bit 'different', preferably around 4* and with a fair bit of pace, if possible?

CSKA Moscow.

Doumbia up front is a BEEAAAAST!

Honda is quality too. Free-kicks from just outside the area are basically a given.

Have Akinfeev in goal too, but for some reason he's not in the starting lineup so have to change that every game.

Hate people that use CSKA/whatever team Eto'o is at. Frustrating long ball spammers.

I use Roma online, Totti can't run, at all, but he's crazy good at everything else. I think you play better when the lobbed through ball isn't much of an option.

People who use CSKA are arseholes, chipped through balls to ultra fast Vagina Love and Douchebagia... what's the **** point?

You're abusing the system and scoring goals which require no skill and very little effort, well done.

Same goes to people who use Madrid, Barca, Ivory Coast, Napoli.

I play with Villa and I normally play a 4-3-3 with Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia on the wings and I have Ireland feeding them balls. Their speed is very nice and gets me a ton of goals. I think it takes skill to play like I do. I don't just chip it forward. I play counter attack or I actually try to attack the defenders with N'zogbia because he is so good with the ball at his feet.

I do find it frustrating playing against people that abuse pace, but if you're good enough you can defend against it. It's a very obvious tactic and most people who use it aren't very skilled players, but it's not totally impossible to stop. I have been playing as Anzhi lately and scored a lot through playing through balls to Eto'o; however, better players can stop this, and I have to improve my general play much more to get a result.

At the end of the day, even though I'll get annoyed at people who successfully do it against me, if a person likes playing with a certain team (or supports them, even) and their strengths lie in pace and counter-attacking football, then they should play to those strengths. You can have all the honour and pride you want by playing possession football (and I generally prefer playing this way) but you can't realistically expect everyone else to do the same.

After a 3 month exodus I started playing again last night.

Played with PSG. Really enjoyed it. Played about 10 games, probably won 7 & drew 3.

Complete possession football, i.e. Barca-esque 70%. Just pass it around, playing the simple ball to the man in space while the opposition just runs around, chasing it and tiring in the process. Because they usually bring an extra man to defend it leaves me an extra man on the opposite side, easy to switch the play. Don't create many chances because I don't force it if it's not on, but the chances I do create are so clear I score them.

So usually only 2-4 shots a game but score basically all of them. Also because the opposition chase it around all game and become tired it's so easy to score late goals on the counter attack. Must have won about 4 games with last 5 minute winners.

Enjoying Fifa again.

EDIT - Forgot to add...Good thing as well is their formation 4-2-3-1. 2 DM's, so solid defensively. Full backs get forward very well too.

It's certainly working. Just played a season tonight. Won 5, drew 1, lost 1. Only game I conceded in was the game I lost. Lost it 4-0 to Spurs but just 4 incredibly lucky goals.

Dominated possession in all of them 60% or more. Best game was a 7-0 win which guaranteed promotion (vs Spurs). Mostly 1-0/2-0 though.

Had to win 2 games vs higher opposition too. Beat England & Real Madrid. Into Division 3 now. That was the highest got before I left the game a few months ago, dropped down to Division 5 before I left. Should get further now I've refined my skills.

Can someone tell me something...In 2 games I went a goal up inside 5 minutes, the other guy decides to quit. Yet when I go back to the main screen it doesn't recognise the game has been played and I don't get the points. Is there something written into the game where if you quit before a certain amount of time has elapsed in the match, then the match doesn't count?

Yeah within 5 minutes you can leave and the game won't record a result. They do it for lag, so if you decide the game is lagging too badly you can leave. Annoying though, I seem to get a lot of good chances early on.

I've played quite a few matches recently where I've scored in the first 5 minutes and the opponent has quit. One of them was an awesome free kick, and a win would have given me promotion. Fortunately, though, I won the next game anyway. Got back-to-back promotions since I started playing head-to-head and am now in division 5, but I need two wins in my remaining two games to go up.

I played as Brentford for a little while yesterday, won my first four and then lost three in a row!

I thought it would be fun to edit villas team and play with a customised villa team. I've bought in Mellberg, Bouma, Cahill, Walker, Barry, Milner, Downing, Young.

I sold Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock, Hutton, Albrighton, Bannan, Heskey. I also bought Kongolo, Bennedeti, Clyne, Piazon, Akinfeev. Cheating I know but fun nonetheless.

Â