fifa 12

fifa09don

I get the jockeying thing. But even if my player is in a much more favourable position for the header, they still lose it.

What do you mean by time it? Press the button when you want the guy to jump (I mean don't just press the button as soon as it looks like your guy will get a header, press it when you would actually expect him to start his jump?)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post-update player potentials are now doing the rounds online, here's the pick of Villa's players...

[table][mrow]First Name[mcol]Last Name[mcol]Position[mcol]Club[mcol]Nationality[mcol]Age[mcol]Overall[mcol]Potential[mcol]Growth

[row]Benjamin[col]Siegrist[col]GK[col]Aston Villa[col]Switzerland[col]19[col]63[col]77[col]14

[row]Eric[col]Lichaj[col]RB[col]Aston Villa[col]United States[col]22[col]71[col]78[col]7

[row]Nathan[col]Baker[col]CB[col]Aston Villa[col]England[col]20[col]66[col]76[col]10

[row]Ciaran[col]Clark[col]CB[col]Aston Villa[col]Ireland Republic[col]21[col]75[col]83[col]8

[row]Daniel[col]Devine[col]CB[col]Aston Villa[col]Ireland Republic[col]18[col]55[col]76[col]21

[row]Marc[col]Albrighton[col]RM[col]Aston Villa[col]England[col]21[col]75[col]82[col]7

[row]Charles[col]N’Zogbia[col]RM[col]Aston Villa[col]France[col]25[col]77[col]82[col]5

[row]Chris[col]Herd[col]CM[col]Aston Villa[col]Australia[col]22[col]68[col]76[col]8

[row]Gary[col]Gardner[col]CM[col]Aston Villa[col]England[col]19[col]70[col]82[col]12

[row]Daniel[col]Johnson[col]CM[col]Aston Villa[col]England[col]18[col]60[col]77[col]17

[row]Barry[col]Bannan[col]CM[col]Aston Villa[col]Scotland[col]21[col]73[col]83[col]10

[row]Samir[col]Carruthers[col]CAM[col]Aston Villa[col]Ireland Republic[col]18[col]60[col]80[col]20

[row]Stephen[col]Ireland[col]CAM[col]Aston Villa[col]Ireland Republic[col]24[col]75[col]80[col]5

[row]Juan Jose[col]Serrano De La Cruz[col]CAM[col]Aston Villa[col]Spain[col]17[col]57[col]79[col]22

[row]Andras[col]Stieber[col]LM[col]Aston Villa[col]Hungary[col]19[col]58[col]77[col]19

[row]Graham[col]Burke[col]CF[col]Aston Villa[col]Ireland Republic[col]17[col]63[col]79[col]16

[row]Andreas[col]Weimann[col]ST[col]Aston Villa[col]Austria[col]19[col]67[col]79[col]12

[row]Gabriel[col]Agbonlahor[col]ST[col]Aston Villa[col]England[col]24[col]75[col]80[col]5

[/table]

Clarke

You know what's coming. :)

ClarkNotClarke.jpg

Anywho, I've always found either playing them if they're already good enough or loaning them out if they're not there yet is the way to go. Players will grow on the bench and in the reserves, but at a decreased rate.

Subliminal messaging, innit. Every other bastard's doing it, so it insidiously creeps into your mind.

Post-update Bent seemingly can't score for shit. No rating drop, he just doesn't score. I played him up top on his own and he scored about 2 goals over the course of a season, then I tried partnering him with Gabby and he managed about 5. Gabby seems to be scoring for fun though, so happy days. Finding it harder to loan players out now which is a bit annoying and Guzan wanted a whopping £30k in wages to renew his contract, so I had to let him go, though strangely when he appeared as a free agent two weeks later I signed him on for £2k. That'll learn him!

Current squad at the half-way stage of season 2...

==LINE-UP==

________________S.Given________________

__A.Hutton__A.Chedjou_C.Clark__K.Richardson

________D.Fletchercaptain.gif____F.Delph__________

M.Albrighton___________________C.Dempsey

___________D.Bent___G.Agbonlahor________

==SUBS==

B.Guzan

A.Matthews

A.Mariappa

N.Taylor

N.Redmond

J.McClean

L.Best

==RESERVES==

B.Siegrist

S.Caulker

N.Baker

B.Bannanverletzung2.gif

==LOANEES==

◄L.Wilkshire (from Dynamo Moskow)

◄J.Rhodes (from Huddersfield)

E.Lichaj►(@Wolves)

G.Gardner►(@Derby)

C.Herd►(@Kaiserslautern)

N.Delfouneso►(@Blackburn)

I'm yet to spend over £10m on a single player, so with cash from player sales I've had enough to hire a couple of 5*/5* scouts on top of building that squad. The long-term plan is to have the two Welsh wing-backs phase into the team, Caulker to replace Chedjou, Redmond to compete with Albrighton, Gardner to replace Fletcher (and partner Bannan in the middle), McClean to replace Dempsey and Delfouneso to replace Bent. Any decent prospects I get from scouting will be an added bonus, but I've yet to settle on a long-term replacement for Given (I'm leaning torwards either Fraser Foster or Bill Hamid).

Results wise, I finished 7th in the first campaign and am floating around that position now. I'm out of both domestic cups, but I'm through the group stages of the Europa League.

I've tried to get into UT for the last two iterations, I just get a bit bored with it (though I'm quite happy simming my way through a whole career mode; the irony is not lost on me :)).

Sim about 90% of the games, yeah. I do desperately want to play FM, but (like Wiggy) my PC is too old and too shite to run the latest versions. I'm stuck being a dirty console gaming peasant.

How dare you Worf-palm me. You don't even have the grace and dignity to TNG Worf-palm me. DS9 Worf-palm, the ultimate insult! You've made a strong enemy this day, legov. :angry:

Ive taken lowly Swansea to the top of the Prem in my second season on career mode, (its January, still plenty of time for a Villa-esque capitulation!). Have bought in Gabby, Clark and Delfouenso from Villa, ol'Nath is banging the goals in, and Gabby ripping it up as a right winger, (no im not Ginger, or Scottish).

Playing on professional difficulty at the minute, might change it to the next level up though if I win the league.

Also, have rediscovered my appetite for the game trying to get a whole host of youthful superstars in the team. @GarethRDR, used your epic post on how to scout youngsters and have a few gems coming through now. Anders Ferrera is a CM from Argentina, potential ability 82-88! Happy days.

Â