Italian Football

Troglodyte

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Juventus in big danger of missing out on CL now. Just lost 1-0 at home to Benevento and if Napoli win later will only be two points off 5th and they have a tricky run in.

Fair to say the Pirlo experiment hasn't been a great success so far.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Juventus in big danger of missing out on CL now. Just lost 1-0 at home to Benevento and if Napoli win later will only be two points off 5th and they have a tricky run in.

Saw the last 15 minutes and Benevento defended resolutely. Ronaldo is a greedy sod though. 

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think they still have a game vs Napoli as well to play. Agnelli gets all the shit he deserves

Pirlo appointment makes sense but the wrong man

• 2 weeks later...

Our buddy Weston McKennie throwing a party where among others Paulo Dybala and Arthur Melo attended. All suspended by the club for the Turin derby this weekend.

Footballers are morons.

• Like 3

title race is over now but Juventus might struggle to get into the top 4. REarranged game with Napoli this week who will go 3 points above them if they win and have a much better head to head record

• 3 weeks later...

**** off Milan you dickheads.

Throwing away any chance they had of winning Serie A with shit results against mediocre teams (plus **** Inter).

More annoyed about them losing than I am about Villa.

Knobheads. 

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

**** off Milan you dickheads.

Throwing away any chance they had of winning Serie A with shit results against mediocre teams (plus **** Inter).

More annoyed about them losing than I am about Villa.

Knobheads. 

They lost it the 2 games vs Atalanta and Inter. Were torn apart but injuries in recent weeks didn't help

Kessie thiugh has become a top clsss midfielder, might be hard to keep him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They lost it the 2 games vs Atalanta and Inter. Were torn apart but injuries in recent weeks didn't help

Kessie thiugh has become a top clsss midfielder, might be hard to keep him 

Yea, Kessie was quite poor last season.. as in.. ineffective - he seems to have added that to his game (quite a few peno's though).  Hopefully he can kick on. 

Just so wasteful though, Tonali isn't looking comfortable either, after coming with a broken reputation of a wonderkid. 

Kjaer or Kessie probably my picks for this season - and Zlatan has definitely helped, when he's been available.  Rebic has to bring consistency too, he's wasted huge amounts of opportunities at key moments, as much as I like him.  Leao too, to a lesser degree. 

And whilst I'm at it, Theo's form has dipped somewhat, but he's been mostly fantastic this year - I'd love Villa to get him! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea, Kessie was quite poor last season.. as in.. ineffective - he seems to have added that to his game (quite a few peno's though).  Hopefully he can kick on. 

Just so wasteful though, Tonali isn't looking comfortable either, after coming with a broken reputation of a wonderkid. 

Kjaer or Kessie probably my picks for this season - and Zlatan has definitely helped, when he's been available.  Rebic has to bring consistency too, he's wasted huge amounts of opportunities at key moments, as much as I like him.  Leao too, to a lesser degree. 

And whilst I'm at it, Theo's form has dipped somewhat, but he's been mostly fantastic this year - I'd love Villa to get him! 

Calhanoglu I think has been as effective as Zlatan but also injured. Bennacer another one, cant keep them fit. They have a good young core if can keep Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Kessie, Bennacer, Leao and Saelemakers

Theo is great going forward but defensively poor, Chiesa tore him apart a few weeks back 😞

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Calhanoglu I think has been as effective as Zlatan but also injured. Bennacer another one, cant keep them fit. They have a good young core if can keep Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Kessie, Bennacer, Leao and Saelemakers

Theo is great going forward but defensively poor, Chiesa tore him apart a few weeks back 😞

Bennacer seems a bit lightweight to me, but he's techically sound.  He does seem to become a bit of a shrinking violet if he gets pressured aggressively. 

As you say though, they've bought quite a few young "wonderkids" - it's how long they can keep them.  Calhanoglu looks like he either wants a massive pay rise, or out as well.. Which is swell considering where he came from not long ago.. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I may be missing something here, has he been injured? Is this just saying he's fit? Have they got a big game coming up? If so I hope they lose.

Signed a 1 year contract extension. Contract now runs until summer 2022, same €7m per year salary as this year.

• Like 1

Â