Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

28 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

On-topic only users are a bizarre bunch. There are thousands of posts all saying the same thing or going round in circles

not any more, admin have locked the Milot Rachica thread and thus curtailed our right of free speech  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I have recently started to wonder.....and it might just be me here.......but, there seems to be a lot of VTers logging back on that I've hardly seen. Names I dont recognise yet many of them have 3 or 4 thousand posts so they must've been fairly regular at some point

I guess the transfer speculation thread stirs up a LOT of interest even from the now-casual posters at the moment !

(probably one for the boring thread - sorry !)

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

• Haha 3

If you were to scale up domestic cats to the size of say tigers, would they be as dangerous to humans as the big cats, like could and would they try and eat us.

Edited by useless

33 minutes ago, useless said:

If you were to scale up domestic cats to the size of say tigers, would they be as dangerous to humans as the big cats, like could and would they try and eat us.

I have no doubts the answer is yes

35 minutes ago, useless said:

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I have no doubts the answer is yes

I'm with @bickster , they are dangerous lethal buggers the size they are! Scaling them up would no doubt lead to the end of the world as we know it and a life of complete servitude for humanity as we would have to bow and scrape to our new feline overlords. (Even more so than we have to now) David Ickes Reptiles would have kittens - literally!

• Like 1

One ran past me at full speed quite recently, right past my legs, and for the first time in my life I was scared of a cat, because I thought if they turned and were more prone to attacking people they could be quite dangerous and scary.

I think some of them certainly would. But it depends on the individual cat, its temperament, ancestry and experience. Bear in mind they've been bred and conditioned for domestic life for years, and like dogs, they are capable of quite close bonding with humans. And we've all seen the videos of lions reared by humans affectionately greeting their 'owners'. Hand reared cheetahs can be domesticated. I've known some cats that are downright malevolent, and if they were lion size, I'd give them a very wide berth. But I've also had family cats (usually neutered males) that had zero aggression, and never showed any interest in hunting birds or mice. I'd probably be quite cool with that type. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

I always used to think about something similar. If I shrank down to a few inches tall for some reason, would I be able to approach my cat, convince him it’s me and not to eat me. 

Even if I did, I’d probably struggle to open the cupboard, get his food out and open the packet, so he’d probably eat me anyway.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Savannah cats are totally tame and frequently the cause of escaped big cat sightings. 

c1e060ce7e67142689c8c98d2e6470e8.jpg

catatstrophy.jpeg

193128.jpg

Just now, useless said:

I read somewhere that cats just think we're other bigger cats, so if we were shrink they'd probably just think we're tiny kittens or something.

That's weird. 

Most dog owners I know think dogs are human children. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

That's weird. 

Most dog owners I know think dogs are human children. 

TBF it's usually the ones who don't have any actual human children. 'Fur babies', ffs. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I always used to think about something similar. If I shrank down to a few inches tall for some reason, would I be able to approach my cat, convince him it’s me and not to eat me. 

Even if I did, I’d probably struggle to open the cupboard, get his food out and open the packet, so he’d probably eat me anyway.

I believe this scenario was covered in the 1950's B movie the Incredible Shrinking Man (not the feeding part) and also what would happen when confronted by a house spider 

• Like 1

Â