Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

In a nutshell: 

Horses are herbivores. Herbivore shit is basically good stuff, which breaks down very easily - which is why gardeners put it on their roses. 

Dogs are carnivores. Carnivore shit is nasty stuff, no good for anything. 

In a nutshell: 

Horses are herbivores. Herbivore shit is basically good stuff, which breaks down very easily - which is why gardeners put it on their roses. 

When horse shit in the road though, it's just stinky animal shit though isn't it?  It isn't going to fertilise much on tarmac.

• Like 1

In a nutshell: 

I still don't want my kid sticking his hand in it when horse owners let them shit all over the footpath we walk on.

No difference in my view when it is left in a public place, I pick my dogs shit up and horse owners should have to do the same. If they want to take it home and stick it on their roses then that is up to them.

What would've happened if the Battle of New Orleans happened 6-12 months later.

The 5 New England states would have then gone through with their barely-commenced plan to secede from the USA and rejoin the Empire, probably taking upstate New York and a lot of Ohio with them. If with representation in Westminster (as opposed to, say, a parliament in Boston equal to Westminster) the United Kingdom of Great and New Britain and Ireland would probably have been dominated by the Whigs to the present day (the Conservative and especially Labour parties would at minimum be very different in form and ideology and might not even exist) and might not have seen Catholic Emancipation until the 20th century, if ever (the general views on Catholicism in New England would cause Ian Paisley to call them a bit excessive...).

What would've happened if the Battle of New Orleans happened 6-12 months later.

The 5 New England states would have then gone through with their barely-commenced plan to secede from the USA and rejoin the Empire, probably taking upstate New York and a lot of Ohio with them. If with representation in Westminster (as opposed to, say, a parliament in Boston equal to Westminster) the United Kingdom of Great and New Britain and Ireland would probably have been dominated by the Whigs to the present day (the Conservative and especially Labour parties would at minimum be very different in form and ideology and might not even exist) and might not have seen Catholic Emancipation until the 20th century, if ever (the general views on Catholicism in New England would cause Ian Paisley to call them a bit excessive...).

Your taxes would have been lower, at least ;)

Without sounding snobby (oh well I will sound snobby) I can't understand why people go on holiday in the UK. I find it quite sad actually. If they have a big family or are scared of flying I'd understand but like a lad I know goes to bloody Devon every year just him and his girl. Sad.

Lets face it most places in the UK are shit or ugly. You can fly to places like Barcelona, Prague even Rome for £50 return. So it's not even a cost issue because with the petrol and the extortionate UK hotel prices going abroad is possibly cheaper and you have sun. Weird?! Girlfriends family say I should go Cornwall... Why would I want to drive for nearly 5 hours and struggle to find a parking spot in a generic ugly UK seaside place when I could be on a sunny, exotic beach in 2 hours

Edited by donnie

It's fair to say I  travel more than the average man on the street  ... but Cornwall is bloody lovely  , I'd go there over Barcelona any day of the week

I agree UK prices can be incredibly high though , especially if you take a family of 4 to something like a B&B in summer

Without sounding snobby (oh well I will sound snobby) I can't understand why people go on holiday in the UK. I find it quite sad actually. If they have a big family or are scared of flying I'd understand but like a lad I know goes to bloody Devon every year just him and his girl. Sad.

Lets face it most places in the UK are shit or ugly. You can fly to places like Barcelona, Prague even Rome for £50 return. So it's not even a cost issue because with the petrol and the extortionate UK hotel prices going abroad is possibly cheaper and you have sun. Weird?! Girlfriends family say I should go Cornwall... Why would I want to drive for nearly 5 hours and struggle to find a parking spot in a generic ugly UK seaside place when I could be on a sunny, exotic beach in 2 hours

Can't say as I agree.

I spend a lot of time in Dorset as my parents have a place there, and I think it's fantastic. Some (some!) of the beaches are  fantastic, and there's plenty to do inland aswell. Cornwall is even nicer, St Ives in particular is a lovely spot.

As long as you avoid the tourist traps, then I think the UK has plenty to offer.

Also, the UK is full of history.

I went there when I was 5. Can't remember much about it, obviously, but I get a sense of awe every time I see photos of the grand, old buildings I visited back then.

• Like 1

Depends what you want from a holiday.

If you like lying on a beach in the sun, you're better off going abroad.

But Britain has some of the most beautiful countryside in the world. you just have to choose your destination carefully.

It's not just Blackpool and Southend.

But Britain has some of the most beautiful countryside in the world. you just have to choose your destination carefully.

See what everyone says about our countryside being the most beautiful is simply not true. How many other country sides have you seen?? Not having a dig but seems to be the same old quote a lot of people say without seeing any other countryside.

Top of my head the countrysides in Slovenia especially, Italy and China are better then ours.

It's fair to say I  travel more than the average man on the street  ... but Cornwall is bloody lovely  , I'd go there over Barcelona any day of the week

I agree UK prices can be incredibly high though , especially if you take a family of 4 to something like a B&B in summer

It's fair to say you travel more than your average Formula One driver.

See what everyone says about our countryside being the most beautiful is simply not true. How many other country sides have you seen?? Not having a dig but seems to be the same old quote a lot of people say without seeing any other countryside.

Top of my head the countrysides in Slovenia especially, Italy and China are better then ours.

Well I'm not HUGELY well travelled, but I've been to the USA, France, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Spain, Greece and Lebanon.

They all have their attractions, but personally I think that the Scottish Highlands and Islands, the Yorkshire Dales, Snowdonia, the Cotswolds and the Devon and Cornwall coasts can hold their own with any of them.

And you can get a decent cup of tea.

• Like 3

Â