Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

10 minutes ago, useless said:

I just might be the devil, so don't trust me. I possesed useless a long time ago.

Are you trying to tell us that you don't exist? :detect: 

In their defence, a mysoginist is prejudiced or has a hatred towards women in general.  I don't think commenting on Jo's lady garden quite puts them in that category :) 

Who thinks that they're intelligent. There's nothing wrong with thinking that your are. Do most people consider themselves to be intelligent. I don't think that I'm intelligent.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Who thinks that they're intelligent. There's nothing wrong with thinking that your are. Do most people consider themselves to be intelligent. I don't think that I'm intelligent.

Depends what you mean. There's IQ test intelligence, emotional intelligence, 'common sense', level of education, etc. 

I think I just meant intelligence in general. I just wondered how many people would be prepared admit to considering themselves 'intelligent'.  I say 'admit', there's nothing wrong with it, it's not a confession of guilt. To some extent there probably isn't a right or wrong answer.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Stupid is as stupid does.

Pearl of wisdom from Forest Gump.

• Like 1

I don't know whether I'm intelligent or not.

But I have picked up one or two tricks that sees me through many situations. I can admit to myself if I don't know something and go away and look for guidance. I've also learnt via a Uni course, something about being critical about sources of information. 

The self awareness to know that you don't know, plus access to the internet, can help you get by.

• Like 1

I doubt many of my friends would want to challenge me at Trivia pursuit but that doesn't necessarily mean you want to be locked in a burning building with a paperclip , a rope and an old banana looking at  me to MacGyver a way out of the situation

as Mike said there are different ways to measure intelligence 

Â