Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Back on the day when bands mimed on top of the pops.....all well and good for singers and guitarists/keyboards/wind instruments but I have often wondered how the drummers get on with drumming to a mimed song ? Surely hitting the drums will make enough sound and if they're a bit off sync with the music then what ? Do the microphones near their kits get turned off to offset that ?

One for VT muso experts I guess.....

15 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Back on the day when bands mimed on top of the pops.....all well and good for singers and guitarists/keyboards/wind instruments but I have often wondered how the drummers get on with drumming to a mimed song ? Surely hitting the drums will make enough sound and if they're a bit off sync with the music then what ? Do the microphones near their kits get turned off to offset that ?

One for VT muso experts I guess.....

The drums would have silencer pads on top of the skins and the mics were just for show

• Thanks 1

We’ve got quite chunky silencer pads on our drums in the house. It’s still bloody loud, then once in a while you take the pads off for a blast and realise just how ridiculously loud they actually are and what a job the pads are doing.

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We’ve got quite chunky silencer pads on our drums in the house. It’s still bloody loud, then once in a while you take the pads off for a blast and realise just how ridiculously loud they actually are and what a job the pads are doing.

Not as loud as the PA in the TOTP studio :D (or equivalent shit miming TV programme)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How much time do professional eaters like Kate Ovens (how on earth does she eat what she eats) spend on the toilet. Just watched her eat a 32 ounce fish with a mountain of chips the usual breakfast challenges et cetera. it all goes in at once so I’ll be fascinated to know her  internal workings. I was going to try messaging her on TikTok, but decided against it

Edited by Follyfoot

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

How much time do professional eaters like Kate Ovens (how on earth does she eat what she eats) spend on the toilet. Just watched her eat a 32 ounce fish with a mountain of chips the usual breakfast challenges et cetera. it all goes in at once so I’ll be fascinated to know her  internal workings. I was going to try messaging her on TikTok, but decided against it

I had zero idea who she was but seeing how skinny she is after a quick Google I'd say she probably shoves fingers down her throat after every challenge. 

Why is furniture built a couple of inches to big to comfortably fit through doorways

Or

Why are  doorways built a couple of inches two small to comfortably receive furniture

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I had zero idea who she was but seeing how skinny she is after a quick Google I'd say she probably shoves fingers down her throat after every challenge. 

No, probably just doesn't eat for 3 days after.

14 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

No, probably just doesn't eat for 3 days after.

More likely she just eats a heathy diet and exercises and only does eating challenges a couple of times a month.

One enormous meal isn't enough to undo a good diet. It's not like she wats 5 pizzas every time she has a meal

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Why is furniture built a couple of inches to big to comfortably fit through doorways

Or

Why are  doorways built a couple of inches two small to comfortably receive furniture

There’s a technical answer to the doorway width.

Most domestic use doors are 726mm or 826mm wide. If they made the door openings wider, the doors wouldn’t fit, they’d just sort of flap about in the hole.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We could probably start AI'ing an infinite number of original KWs now. Finally a good use for the tech.

I want to see Kenneth stood alongside Ron Jeremy looking down saying "oohhh I say" 

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I want to see Kenneth stood alongside Ron Jeremy looking down saying "oohhh I say" 

It'll be my last post on here if my wife finds that prompt in her business chatgpt history

• Haha 1

Does feeding will birds create an imbalance which is bad for nature? 

We've got a couple of bird feeders that generally benefit the smaller garden birds. And a couple of nesting boxes that help Blue Tits and Great Tits. 

So are there far more Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Goldcrests and Nuthatches than there should be. 

They tend to feed the little green caterpillars to. Their chick's in breeding season. Are those insects being decimated because of too many small garden birds? 

Are larger birds suffering because they're being out competed by the smaller birds? 

I don't know but it's something I've wondered about. 

On 12/01/2024 at 17:08, KentVillan said:

What / where is Saint Dominic's Preview? Is it a real thing? All I can find on Google is stuff about the Van Morrison song and album.

It’s not a thing. St Dominic's is a church in Belfast and a church in San Francisco both of which were holding services to pray for peace in NI around the time the song was written. The preview bit isn’t a thing, I think it’s just Van taking his view of the events in both churches before the events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/01/2024 at 10:12, sidcow said:

Does feeding will birds create an imbalance which is bad for nature? 

We've got a couple of bird feeders that generally benefit the smaller garden birds. And a couple of nesting boxes that help Blue Tits and Great Tits. 

So are there far more Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Goldcrests and Nuthatches than there should be. 

They tend to feed the little green caterpillars to. Their chick's in breeding season. Are those insects being decimated because of too many small garden birds? 

Are larger birds suffering because they're being out competed by the smaller birds? 

I don't know but it's something I've wondered about. 

Don't worry. There can never be an overabundance of tits.

• Like 2

Â