Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

11 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Out of curiosity ... does the driver in the UK get points for letting a passenger be transported without wearing a belt? Rishi ...

Not as far as i'm aware, unless the passengers are under 14, then it is the drivers responsibility. 

Just now, Xela said:

Not as far as i'm aware, unless the passengers are under 14, then it is the drivers responsibility. 

Here in Canada, I would be fined as a driver for letting a passenger ride without a belt.

I cant understand why the only British bike ( mc ) you can buy now is a Triumph.I remember when,wherever you looked you would see Triumph,Norton,BSA,Aerial,Royal Enfield,AJS/Matchless.

What happened ? did a metor strike the earth and wipe them all out,like with the dinosaurs,or what ?! 

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I cant understand why the only British bike ( mc ) you can buy now is a Triumph.I remember when,wherever you looked you would see Triumph,Norton,BSA,Aerial,Royal Enfield,AJS/Matchless.

What happened ? did a metor strike the earth and wipe them all out,like with the dinosaurs,or what ?! 

Essentially yes, they became dinosaurs.

My first bike was an Aerial 500,then I had 5 triumphs over the years.In between I have ridden a BSA Road rocket,an AJS and an Aerial square 4 and they were all great rides.IMHO they would leave any Harley for dead,for speed,comfort and just the feel of riding. 

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Enfield are still going. Indian owned now with production out there but design is done in the UK.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Why does VT now take me to the bottom of the page when I click on a page number or the NEXT button?

Happens to me periodically on my tablet. Not sure why but it's only an occasional issue. 

12 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Why does VT now take me to the bottom of the page when I click on a page number or the NEXT button?

Either your cache is ****, clear it.
Or you have this setting wrong.

6WlAWNz.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tegis said:

Either your cache is ****, clear it.
Or you have this setting wrong.

6WlAWNz.png

The plot thickens....well, maybe not thickens but coagulates:  The setting is correct and the behavior is the same regardless of which computer i'm using, seemingly ruling out the buggered cache theory.   On the bright side, it's a lot faster to catch up on a thread when you only read the last post on each page.  

• Haha 1

Â