Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really? When I went to Egypt literally everything from street vendors was 1 pound / 1 Dollar / 1 Euro. They must have had some way of changing them. I would think Turkey's not so different. 

Same but it was a long time ago, wasn't sure if it was a myth or not

I also take it the tenner on the door has stopped but I'll Google that

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

You can't change foreign coins anywhere, so unless you are tipping in notes...

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Really? When I went to Egypt literally everything from street vendors was 1 pound / 1 Dollar / 1 Euro. They must have had some way of changing them. I would think Turkey's not so different. 

They save them until they have enough coins to exchange for a note with a tourist. I remember chatting to a cleaner in Egypt about it years ago. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That was one of the songs I was thinking of, but only the toys/noise bit, I’d completely eradicated the plasticine/trampoline line from my memory.

<shudders>

Appalling song. The first non NG song on any of their albums. The start of the decline! 

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What happened to all those petrol bombs they were making in Ukraine? I don't think they were ever used. Hope. They're being stored carefully. 

I think they're stored safely in the outside cushion sheds.

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What happened to all those petrol bombs they were making in Ukraine? I don't think they were ever used. Hope. They're being stored carefully. 

They’re being saved to rebuild Ukraine, they’ll be worth an absolute fortune now. 

Why they’ve never brought back Generation Game. I watched an old Brucey episode from the 90s on YouTube a few days ago and it was brilliant. Genuinely smiling and laughing throughout. Saturday evening TV is just awful now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Why they’ve never brought back Generation Game. I watched an old Brucey episode from the 90s on YouTube a few days ago and it was brilliant. Genuinely smiling and laughing throughout. Saturday evening TV is just awful now. 

They did do it a year or two back with Mel and Sue and it went down like a fart in a lift from what I remember.

Â